The History of Slavery is Not All Black and White

Blacks were enslaved by blacks, and sold to whites.

I have read that black slaves in the United States tended to be taller and to live longer than blacks in Africa. This indicates better health.

I am not justifying the slave trade. I think the worst mistake European settlers in the Americas and their descendants made in the New World was to allow the slave trade.

Americans don't want a discussion in which some solutions could be explored.

They are still committed to the use of violent force to solve their country's race problem.

Yes, there is a race problem, that was created by white America many years ago. And then the outcome of your civil war wasn''t accepted and hence they built monuments to slavery instead of accepting defeat and adjusting their attitudes.
Solve your racism in your small simplistic country. Then you might have a tad bit of authority to talk about our country, until then you are a hypocritical fool.

According to O'Brien in George Orwell's 1984 (1949), “Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.” (Orwell p. 34) In the novel Orwell reveals that the citizens of Oceania have a very short memory, and are willing to believe anything that the Party tells them.

---------

It has been decades since I have attended school. Nevertheless, I have read that whites are made to feel guilty about high rates of black incarceration and poverty.

If this is true, it should not be allowed. American Negroes are more affluent and in better health than Negroes in black run countries in sub Saharan Africa, the Caribbean, and Haiti.

Solve your racism in your small simplistic country. Then you might have a tad bit of authority to talk about our country, until then you are a hypocritical fool.
The words "racism" and "racist" are examples of name calling. Name calling is the lowest form of discourse, and has no place in an erudite discussion.

Expressions of hostility for Jews bother me, but I do not use the words "antisemitism" and "antisemite." Instead I draw attention to the facts that Jews tend to be more intelligent, successful, and prosperous than white Gentiles.

Expressions of hostility for East Asians bother me too. I draw attention to the facts that East Asians tend to be more intelligent, and to have lower rates of crime and illegitimacy than white Gentiles do. I am a white Gentile.

The words "racism" and "racist" are examples of name calling. Name calling is the lowest form of discourse, and has no place in an erudite discussion.

Expressions of hostility for Jews bother me, but I do not use the words "antisemitism" and "antisemite." Instead I draw attention to the facts that Jews tend to be more intelligent, successful, and prosperous than white Gentiles.

Expressions of hostility for East Asians bother me too. I draw attention to the facts that East Asians tend to be more intelligent, and to have lower rates of crime and illegitimacy than white Gentiles do. I am a white Gentile.
Expressions of hostility of any race, religion, creed or sex bother me. Aggression towards others show’s ignorance.

Expressions of hostility of any race, religion, creed or sex bother me. Aggression towards others show’s ignorance.
When someone expresses hostility for Jews or Orientals I post facts about their high intelligence. In addition, Orientals (AKA, East Asians) have lower rates of crime and illegitimacy than white Gentiles.

I have not found data comparing the rates of crime and illegitimacy between Jews and white Gentiles. I am fairly confident that Jews have lower averages.

I do not need to descend to name calling to defend my two favorite minorities.

When someone expresses hostility for Jews or Orientals I post facts about their high intelligence. In addition, Orientals (AKA, East Asians) have lower rates of crime and illegitimacy than white Gentiles.

I have not found data comparing the rates of crime and illegitimacy between Jews and white Gentiles. I am fairly confident that Jews have lower averages.

I do not need to descend to name calling to defend my two favorite minorities.
That’s fine by me, never said otherwise.

No one who tells the truth should be frightened into apologizing.
Yes, Dog forbid anyone behave humbly "in an erudite discussion.":rolleyes:
Especially someone apologizing for be untruthful.
This absolutely is not true. It wasn’t my intention to leave that impression, but my provocation completely missed the mark.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The Qur'an does not explicitly condemn slavery or attempt to abolish it. Nonetheless, it does provide a number of regulations designed to ameliorate the situation of slaves. It recommends freeing slaves, especially “believing” slaves (Q. 2.177).
Brandeis University › muslim
Islam and Slavery | The Feminist Sexual Ethics Project - Brandeis University

• Thanks
Slavery was acceptable in that era. The root of slavery can be traced back to its origin in Africa where Africans sold their own people for profit.
It didn't happen that way. But that's the white supremacist spin.

You cannot discuss slavery without that one white person telling you how Africans enslaved and sold other Africans. This claim is supposed to absolve whites of their role in the slave trade or somehow equally implicate blacks for modern American racism. This is at best, a disingenuous claim. Blacks have not been perfect and African nations had conflicts just like every other nation or tribe on this planet during the history of the world. Many European cultures killed those who they captured in wars. Most African tribes enslaved prisoners of war.

Slavery was used to pay off debt. Slavery was also a punishment for criminal behavior. There were sex slaves also. None of these things are right, but neither is the Africans sold other Africans’ argument.

Before European colonization, it is written that Africa had up to10,000 states or nations with different languages and customs. There have been numerous kingdoms and dynasties on that continent. Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop wrote that the ancient name of Africa was Alkebulan. According to Dr. Diop this is what the continent was called by the Moors, Nubians, Numidians, Carthaginians, and Ethiopians. All of these were nations in Alkebulan. The name Africa itself is said to have come from the Greeks and Romans.

I write this so that we understand how distorted the European tale about Africa has been. Africa was not some barren land where everybody ran around in loincloths. We learn about the significant accomplishments of Egypt, but Egypt is in Africa and Egyptians were not white. When Europeans arrived, Alkebulan was full of nations containing cities with universities, businesses, trade, and governments. The comment that Africans sold each other into slavery is disingenuous because these nations did not consider themselves Africans; they were citizens of their respective kingdoms. No different than the French, the Spanish, the Germans, and the Norwegians.

This is the first truth that must be established because an Irishman and an Englishman are white but they do not consider themselves as the same people.

You cannot discuss slavery without that one white person telling you how Africans enslaved and sold other Africans. This claim is supposed to absolve whites of their role in the slave trade or somehow equally implicate blacks for modern American racism. This is at best, a disingenuous claim. Blacks have not been perfect and African nations had conflicts just like every other nation or tribe on this planet during the history of the world. Many European cultures killed those who they captured in wars. Most African tribes enslaved prisoners of war.

Slavery was used to pay off debt. Slavery was also a punishment for criminal behavior. There were sex slaves also. None of these things are right, but neither is the Africans sold other Africans’ argument.

Before European colonization, it is written that Africa had up to10,000 states or nations with different languages and customs. There have been numerous kingdoms and dynasties on that continent. Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop wrote that the ancient name of Africa was Alkebulan. According to Dr. Diop this is what the continent was called by the Moors, Nubians, Numidians, Carthaginians, and Ethiopians. All of these were nations in Alkebulan. The name Africa itself is said to have come from the Greeks and Romans.

I write this so that we understand how distorted the European tale about Africa has been. Africa was not some barren land where everybody ran around in loincloths. We learn about the significant accomplishments of Egypt, but Egypt is in Africa and Egyptians were not white. When Europeans arrived, Alkebulan was full of nations containing cities with universities, businesses, trade, and governments. The comment that Africans sold each other into slavery is disingenuous because these nations did not consider themselves Africans; they were citizens of their respective kingdoms. No different than the French, the Spanish, the Germans, and the Norwegians.

This is the first truth that must be established because an Irishman and an Englishman are white but they do not consider themselves as the same people.
The Khazars constituted one of the two great furnishers of slaves to the Muslim market (the other being the Iranian Sâmânid amîrs), supplying it with captured Slavs and tribesmen from the Eurasian northlands. It profited from the latter which enabled it to maintain a standing army of Khwarezm Muslim troops.
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki
Khazars - Wikipedia

• Informative

Dublin had the largest slave market.

• Informative
It didn't happen that way. But that's the white supremacist spin.
It did too happen that way. Blacks were enslaved by other blacks who sold them to white slave traders. Whites could not enter the interior of Africa back then because of African diseases.

It did too happen that way. Blacks were enslaved by other blacks who sold them to white slave traders. Whites could not enter the interior of Africa back then because of African diseases.

The Khazars were huge slavers. So were the Vikings.

• Informative
You really should read a little history—not political rants misrepresenting history—to at least get your bearings before discussing the complex issue of slavery and the civil war.

Dutch Orthodox Rabbi Lody van de Kamp wrote a book about Dutch Jewish complicity in the transatlantic slave trade. He talks about the Jodensavanne (“Jewish Savannah”), an agricultural community with 40 Jewish-owned plantations with at least 5,000 enslaved people in a part of former Dutch Guyana.

Seymour Drescher, a historian at the University of Pittsburgh states that Dutch Jews may have accounted for the resale of at least 15,000 enslaved people on the Caribbean island of Curacao.

• Informative

Dutch Orthodox Rabbi Lody van de Kamp wrote a book about Dutch Jewish complicity in the transatlantic slave trade. He talks about the Jodensavanne (“Jewish Savannah”), an agricultural community with 40 Jewish-owned plantations with at least 5,000 enslaved people in a part of former Dutch Guyana.

Seymour Drescher, a historian at the University of Pittsburgh states that Dutch Jews may have accounted for the resale of at least 15,000 enslaved people on the Caribbean island of Curacao.
This is some very informative stuff surada. Thanks.

Forum List

Back