The History of Palestine

Many flags have flown over city hall but the same people have been there forever.

Wow they must be really hardy to live that long.
I thought the maximum human lifespan was ~120 years. Even the Old testament tops it out at around 1000 years.
Recorded history goes back more than 1000 years, so how are they still the same people?

Let's clear out the whole country. None of those people lived there a hundred years ago.

How about we engage in scholarship instead of polemic.

King Hussein Bin Talal Al Hashemi, born in Amman in November 1935, was king of Jordan from 1952 to his death in 1999 His first marriage in 1955 to his cousin, Princess Dina of the Egyptian branch of the Hashemite family, was dissolved. This was an “in the family” match in which the two principals had little in common other than illustrious Middle Eastern bloodlines.
His mainly Bedouin army was fiercely loyal to him, not just because the monarchy and the East Bank Bedouin tribes depended upon each other in a land where Palestinian refugees and their descendants have been the majority for half a century, but also because, in personal style, King Hussein was a classic Bedouin leader.
The king traced his lineage to the Al Hashem family, or tribe, of the Prophet Muhammad. The king’s great-grandfather, Sharif Hussein bin Ali Al Hashemi, headed the Muslim hierarchy in the Holy City of Mecca.
In the Arabian peninsula the Hashemites lost out after World War I to the Al Saud family/tribe following a long struggle.
The king traced his lineage to the Al Hashem family, or tribe, of the Prophet Muhammad. The king’s great-grandfather, Sharif Hussein bin Ali Al Hashemi, headed the Muslim hierarchy in the Holy City of Mecca.
In the Arabian peninsula the Hashemites lost out after World War I to the Al Saud family/tribe following a long struggle. This was the period when Britain made promises to Sharif Hussein to get Arab support against the Ottoman Turks. Unfortunately for all concerned, those promises conflicted with British World War I undertakings to the early Zionists over Palestine, and to France over Syria.
…keep in mind that deep in their hearts most Palestinians see the Hashemite family—the first King Abdallah, and, despite his many admirable personal qualities, the late King Hussein as well—as having betrayed their chances for a state of their own more than half a century ago.
In Memoriam: The Late King Hussein of Jordan (A Reminiscence)

Transjordan was created by the British in 1921 when they detached it from Palestine within their League of Nations Mandate. Abdullah bin Hussein Ali al-Hashem, a son of Sharif Hussein of Mecca, the king of Hijaz (now part of Saudi Arabia), had established himself in Amman with the intention of moving against the French in Syria. Instead he accepted the British offer to become emir of Transjordan, with that state as a semiautonomous entity under British colonial tutelage. Britain held control of the country’s finances, external relations, and its army, the Arab Legion.
Abdullah also welcomed Arab nationalists who had been expelled from neighboring Syria. Amman became an open city, where Arab dissidents could mingle with the Hashemites. Against some odds Abdullah painstakingly developed key institutions, including the country’s 1928 Organic Law that planted the seeds of a full-fledged constitution. Difficult negotiations culminated with the comprehensive 22 March 1946 treaty that formally ended the British mandate. Transjordan gained formal independence and changed its name to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan; Abdullah formally became King Abdullah I. The British retained substantial control, however; under a 1948 treaty they managed Jordan’s finances, stationed troops in the country, and retained command of the Arab Legion.
Hussein built his regime on the support of loyal and conservative Bedouin tribes, and increasingly, East Bank Jordanians—the monarchy’s political base. Relying on these elites permitted the energetic monarch to suppress opponents—perhaps best illustrated by the April 1957 coup attempt as well as the fierce struggle with Palestinian fighters in September 1970
Hussein Bin Talal (1935?1999) - PERSONAL HISTORY, INFLUENCES AND CONTRIBUTIONS, BIOGRAPHICAL HIGHLIGHTS, PERSONAL CHRONOLOGY:, Political Evolution, CONTEMPORARIES, Parliamentary Politics, The Succession

An autonomous Palestinian political identity did not begin to assert itself until the mid-1960s. In the 1950s, no political organization existed around which a specifically Palestinian identity could be articulated. Pan-Arabism was a dominant mode of political expression, and the Hashimite regime strongly promoted Jordanian sovereignty over Palestinian affairs and identity.
Jordan - Palestinians

In the Arabian peninsula the Hashemites lost out after World War I to the Al Saud family/tribe following a long struggle. Transjordan was created by the British in 1921 when they detached it from Palestine within their League of Nations Mandate. Abdullah bin Hussein Ali al-Hashem, a son of Sharif Hussein of Mecca, the king of Hijaz (now part of Saudi Arabia), had established himself in Amman with the intention of moving against the French in Syria. Instead he accepted the British offer to become emir of Transjordan, with that state as a semiautonomous entity under British colonial tutelage. Britain held control of the country’s finances, external relations, and its army, the Arab Legion.

The territory was underpopulated, and mostly small villages. To populate, Abdullah welcomed Arab nationalists of all stripes, including many Palestinians, in addition to the Hashemites that he brought with him. On March 22, 1946, a treaty formally ended the British mandate. Transjordan gained formal independence and changed its name to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan; Abdullah formally became King Abdullah I.

Palestinian refugees and their descendants became the majority but Hussein built his regime on the support of loyal and conservative Bedouin tribes, and increasingly, East Bank Jordanians—the monarchy’s political base. An autonomous Palestinian political identity did not begin to assert itself until the mid-1960s. In the 1950s, no political organization existed around which a specifically Palestinian identity could be articulated. Pan-Arabism was a dominant mode of political expression, and the Hashimite regime strongly promoted Jordanian sovereignty over Palestinian affairs and identity.In personal style, King Hussein was a classic Bedouin leader.
This support allowed him to put down the Black September revolt.

So, by Jordanian, if we divide the population by motivation, the King has Hashemite decendents, and Bedouins. The ones we call Palestinians hate his accomodations with Israel.

If you intend this question to mean that Palestinians are merely Jordanians, you simply intend to have someone else handle the problem for Israel.

I remember what one Israeli once told me: There is no such thing as a distinct Palestinian people...

Arabs say the same.

Former PLO leader Zuheir Mohsen...
"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oopsie.

I remember what one Israeli once told me: There is no such thing as a distinct Palestinian people...

Arabs say the same.

Former PLO leader Zuheir Mohsen...
"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oopsie.

Former Palestine Liberation Organization leader Zuheir Mohsen..

"The Palestinian people does not exist."

A perfect person for you to quote.

Here is a different take.

Who are the Palestinians? Tradition and history demonstrate (to educated historians) that the Palestinians are descendants of the first century Christian sect of Judaism. Modern genetic archeology proves unquestionably that this historical impression is correct. The majority of Palestinians are not ethnic "Arabs" but are in fact descendants of the ancient Israelites making them ethnic Hebrews. (A fact which most Palestinians are perfectly aware.) The complete ignorance of most regarding the actual identity of the Palestinians is shocking. See references pasted below for an extensive investigation of the Palestinian genome by Hebrew University. The crux of which, is the fact that many Jewish groups are more closely related to Palestinians then are other Jewish groups. The Palestinians are more closely related to the Jews then to the Arabs. (The Palestinians are also more closely related to the Kurds, Turks, and Armenians then to most Arabs.) The ancestors of modern-day Jews of the Diaspora were forced out of the Holy Land 2000 years ago, while their Palestinian brothers were left clinging to the land for 2000 years, and they won't let it go nor should they be expected to do so. These facts also support the return of Jews to Israel but not the exclusion of Palestinians since both have an ancestrial claim based on the mythos that G-d gave their ancestors the land. Of course, at the time G-d purportedly did this, they were the same ancestors.

The Palestinians are refugees from an ancient homeland to which they will always earn to return. - Reader comments at Daniel Pipes

I recently read “The Oxford History of the Biblical World,” edited by Dr. Michael D. Coogan, director of publications for the Harvard Semitic Museum and expert in Near Eastern languages and literatures. The book is excellent on Syria-Palestinian archeology.
The following will shed light on the question.

The end of the thirteenth century BCE saw major disruptions in the civilizations of the Near East, Cyprus and Greece for unclear reasons (possible major droughts). “Many populations appear to have migrated….Egypt was attacked by groups called ‘Sea Peoples.’ They were repelled from Egypt, but the Egyptians could not stop them from taking over the Canaan coast. The Philistines …were among the Sea Peoples.”

“…the Philistines did not occupy the coast of Canaan until the twelfth century BCE…”
“Not long before, another group had appeared in the land of Canaan…This group called itself Israel…The Egyptians maintained some control over parts of Canaan until just after the death of Rameses III in 1153 BCE….[including] Canaanites, Egyptians, Israelites, and the mysterious ‘Sea Peoples,’ of whom the Philistines are the best known. The settlement process in highland Israel began a generation or two before the Sea Peoples arrived on the coast…The displacement and migration of the tribe of Dan from the central coast to the far north is symptomatic of …this event.”

“This movement is documented by a variety of written sources in Akkadian, Ugaritic, Egyptian, and Hebrew, by Egyptian wall reliefs and by archeology.”
“The Philistines bequeathed their own name to Philistia (and later to all of Palestine).”
“Cypriot archaeologists invoke the Achaeans or Danaoi of Homeric epic as the agents of culture change in Cyprus; in the Levant, the same change is ascribed to the Sea Peoples. Both agents participated in the event recorded by Rameses III and should be related to the same confederacy of Sea Peoples, or Mycenaean Greeks, who invaded the coastlands of (Cyprus) around 1185-1175.”

Further evidence of the origin of the Philistines can be seen in biblical texts, which indicate expert bowman, “chariot-warriors,” and “chariots of iron,” (I Samuel 31.3, Judg. 1.18-19) and pottery which show warriors armed like the Mycenaean warriors depicted on the famous “Warrior Vase” found in Mycenae. The description fits Goliatath, as in I Samuel 17.5-6.
Under King David, first quarter of the tenth century, the Philistines were driven back to their original coastal cities.

i remember what one israeli once told me: there is no such thing as a distinct palestinian people...

arabs say the same.

Former plo leader zuheir mohsen...
"the palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of israel for our arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between jordanians, palestinians, syrians and lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a palestinian people, since arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct palestinian people to oppose zionism.

For tactical reasons, jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to haifa and jaffa, while as a palestinian, i can undoubtedly demand haifa, jaffa, beer-sheva and jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite palestine and jordan.
zuheir mohsen - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oopsie.

former palestine liberation organization leader zuheir mohsen..

"the palestinian people does not exist."

a perfect person for you to quote.

pwned.

Zionists immediately started seizing land, even land beyond what the UN partition set for the proposed Jewish State. Attacks were from both sides but were instigated by the Zionists seizing land and a reaction to the aggressive ethnic cleansing under way. After the massive ethnic cleansing and expansion beyond the UN suggested boarders, Arab states responded INTO THE AREAS THAT WERE TO BE FOR THE UN PROPOSED PALESTINIAN STATE. Also, Jordan had an agreement with Israel to prevent a Palestinian State so Jordan invaded the West Bank.

"The Zionists were by far the more powerful and better organized force, and by May 1948, when the state of Israel was formally established, about 300,000 Palestinians already had been expelled from their homes or had fled the fighting, and the Zionists controlled a region well beyond the area of the original Jewish state that had been proposed by the UN. Now it's then that Israel was attacked by its neighbors - in May 1948; it's then, after the Zionists had taken control of this much larger part of the region and hundreds of thousands of civilians had been forced out, not before."

History of Israel: 1947 UN Partition Proposal

The history of IsNtReal.
Your "greatest ally"
The lowest life forms on earth.

"Our race is the master race. We Jews are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, as compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves." Menachim Begin, Israeli Prime Minister to the NEW STATESMAN MAGAZINE, June 25, 1982.

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that...I want to tell you something very clear: We, the Jewish people, control America and the Americans know it." Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001.

The history of IsNtReal.
Your "greatest ally"

"Our race is the master race. We Jews are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, as compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves." Menachim Begin, Israeli Prime Minister to the NEW STATESMAN MAGAZINE, June 25, 1982.

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that...I want to tell you something very clear: We, the Jewish people, control America and the Americans know it." Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001.

The history of Israel...

The only democracy in the Middle East.
The only country in the Middle East that embraces freedom, human rights and civil liberties to all its population, irrespective of ethnicity, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
Jews transformed barren desert and malaria-infested swamps into orange groves and a viable society.
Israel is one of the most advanced, successful and prosperous countries in the world.
Israel is a leader in technology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, solar technology, electric transportation technology, water filtration technology and military technology.

Now, even you know, pinhead.

The history of IsNtReal.
Your "greatest ally"

The history of Israel...

The only country in the Middle East that embraces freedom, human rights and civil liberties to all its population, irrespective of ethnicity, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
Jews transformed barren desert and malaria-infested swamps into orange groves and a viable society.
Israel is one of the most advanced, successful and prosperous countries in the world.
Israel is a leader in technology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, solar technology, electric transportation technology, water filtration technology and military technology.

Straight out of the "Brand Israel" brochure.

The history of IsNtReal.
Your "greatest ally"

The history of Israel...

And, you cannot factually refute one word, Forum Dunce.

You are PWNED, again. :clap2:

The history of Israel...

And, you cannot factually refute one word, Forum Dunce.

You are PWNED, again. :clap2:

I don't have to refute your sales brochure.

It is all irrelevant.

Forum List

Back