The Hateful Faithful & Narrow Arguments That Blind

Did the SCOTUS Rule Against Gays and For the Baker's Free Speech Rights?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Maybe....The same gay couple could sue the baker all over again actually. I heard the baker stopped baking wedding cakes with his initial loss. Sad really. Creativity squelched by political correctness.

And you do not consider his bringing in his religious convictions a form of political correctness? Try and be honest and truthful with yourself here. The man made it a political issue.

It was a narrow decision focused on the CCC's disparaging the baker's religion. Reading any more into it is ignorant.
Or scary, depending on your fear of the public finding out what really happened.

What happened is that the USSC told Colorado that they either punish both Christian and gay bakers alike, or respect them and leave them to their convictions alike. To the untrained eye this looks boring, uneventful.

Let's look at the situation as if instead it was simply a black hetero couple or mixed race hetero couple and the baker said "no, I won't make a wedding cake because I don't do weddings where blacks are involved." You would have us believe that the Decision handed down would be the same. But you know it wouldn't. And that's because the "narrow decision" of the 7-2 Supreme Court did include one thing that LGBT bloggers wish you wouldn't notice. It included the distinction of class as not being innate; but behavioral or ideological instead. And that is a HUGE great big deal legally speaking.

You see, all the previous advancements in courts were won with the help of kneejerk sympathetic judicial-activism snowjobbed into believing they were dealing with an innate class. But they weren't. They were dealing with an ideological behavioral group that regularly and for the last 50 years put on parades they line up in unanimous support of, doing deviant sex acts where they hope kids will be watching or marching along with them. This is problematic for the Christian to promote. It's also problematic for any law-abiding citizen to promote. As I said, try any of those depraved acts you see in gay pride parades that the bystanders are applauding with their kids at their side, in front of a schoolyard at recess on any other day and your ass will be in jail faster than you can say "boo".

The problem with pride parades is that they depict an ideological value system synonymous with "LGBT". It's a system that NONE of us can condone, participate in or promote or we would be guilty of aiding and abetting known child endangerment. That's illegal in all 50 states. (Are you catching on yet that Leo's post that "reading any more into it is ignorant" is a hopeful deflection? ) Ignorance is the LACK of knowledge. If you want to educate yourself, just google "gay pride parade" and see the little faces standing by watching. Many of the google images nowadays have been well screened to occlude the presence of children. But the ones showing the boy scouts marching along pretty much lays the myth to rest that "they didn't expect children to be lined up on main street" to see a big colorful parade go by...lots of bright colors...the type that kids really like, you know.

So, we have one of the worst, the most repugnant behavioral groups (thank you recent USSC decision for making that distinction) having been awarded special privileges in 2015 (just them, no others) citing in utter irony both Windsor 2013 (which averred 56 times that marriage definitions are up to the individual states) and the 14th Amendment (which says no one group can be elevated above another). What could be worse than adults declaring "pride" at public acts of deviant sex meant to be seen by children? Yet other behavioral groups like polygamists and on and on and on are left out legally in the cold. Nobody will be telling any baker they'll have to bake a polygamy-wedding cake. Why not? Why not indeed. Because there is no, as in ZERO rational basis for exclusion once one of the most repugnant minority groups can tell the majority to "fuck off" and ignore their regulation. The only thing I can think of that would be worse would be a group called the "CMs" or child-murderers who feel compelled since birth (or so they say subjectively) to murder kids. Yeah, that's just slightly worse than forcing children to participate in adult sex acts or witness them, but you know? There are lesser repugnant groups that are being arbitrarily excluded.

So no, educate yourselves. Figure out the hows and whats of LGBT being soundly placed on an ideological playing field instead of "innate". Walk it through to its end. Think of the other behaviors that also want freedom from majority-regulation (addicts, cleptos, spouse abusers, arsonists..) I mean many of those perps will tell juries that their drive to do those crimes felt compulsive since their earliest memory too. Why is their subjective reality less important than any others? The 14th tells us its not because of equal application of the law and the way the law is rendered and deliberated. No favorites played in the US. Only there was, in 2015.

And hence the reason this rat's nest just got handed this PIVOTAL initial-corrective-decision under the cloak of "it's no big deal".... :popcorn:

Maybe....The same gay couple could sue the baker all over again actually. I heard the baker stopped baking wedding cakes with his initial loss. Sad really. Creativity squelched by political correctness.

And you do not consider his bringing in his religious convictions a form of political correctness? Try and be honest and truthful with yourself here. The man made it a political issue.

The baker has a right to exercise his religious beliefs on his own property.

It was a huge boost for religious freedom....no matter how the left tries to spin it.

How is it a huge boost when the SC said that their ruling applies to only this case and no others? The ruling cannot be applied to any other cases as per SCOTUS.

Because members of these boards have been put on notice that their personal biases will be scrutinized. As they should.

We all deserve impartial judgement.

No, we deserve painful screaming deaths, as all humans do.

We are blessed to live in a country where we might dare to hope that we could receive impartial judgement, should the need arise. Thanks to the Christian tenets upon which our civilization has been built.

I think we forget that.

Not sure where I was going with this.

We are blessed to live in a country where we might dare to hope that we could receive impartial judgement, should the need arise. Thanks to the Christian tenets upon which our civilization has been built.

I think we forget that.

Maybe you were saying that a moral stance for decency, especially around children down a public street, is part of our undeniable and inalienable rights to defend and stand up for?

Or scary, depending on your fear of the public finding out what really happened.
couldn't get past that part of your unintelligible rant. good job. few more posts like that and all opposition and opinion will fade away for fear of contamination

You appear to be confused with property versus a place of business. It's okay though, because without that confusion you would have to look into a mirror and see what others see

You appear to be confused with property versus a place of business. It's okay though, because without that confusion you would have to look into a mirror and see what others see

You have no right to say that.

I think we forget that.

Maybe you were saying that a moral stance for decency, especially around children down a public street, is part of our undeniable and inalienable rights to defend and stand up for?
That sounds good!

You have no right to say that.
What I have is the common sense to see bullshit when it's in front of me

I think we forget that.

That sounds good!
you two need a room? I have connections

I think we forget that.

That sounds good!
you two need a room? I have connections
If someone’s business practices disturb you, don’t give them your business.

If someone’s business practices disturb you, don’t give them your business.

In pockets in the Deep South that would mean that most blacks would not be able to find anywhere to shop except black-owned stores. So there has to be a distinction between something that is innate (born as) instead of behavioral (LGBT). And the Court just let the country know that they consider LGBT behavioral because if this was about a baker turning away a couple because one or both are born black, the Court would've had VERY different wording in their Opinion.

Thanks to the Christian tenets upon which our civilization has been built.
Are you confusing the Pilgrims with the Colonists of 1776? :206:
When do you think western civilization *began*?

It wasn't 1776.
Or 1620.
Or 1462.
Our civilization? "our civilization has been built?" Who is this "ours"
Yours, and mine.

Perhaps this conversation is too advanced for you?

Let me guess...you were raised in a traditional pubic school...they don't teach much of anything except how to be an asshole..

The Influence of Christanity on Western Civilization

Forum List

Back