The Hateful Faithful & Narrow Arguments That Blind

Did the SCOTUS Rule Against Gays and For the Baker's Free Speech Rights?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I'm free to go to a Muslim food establishment and order bacon, egg and cheese, right, and fully expect the ACLU to compel them to make it for me, even with extra bacon, right?

They probably don't stock bacon. I don't think that kosher restaurants have any pork in the house, either.

So I'm free to go to a Muslim food establishment and order bacon, egg and cheese, right, and fully expect the ACLU to compel them to make it for me, even with extra bacon, right?

They probably don't stock bacon. I don't think that kosher restaurants have any pork in the house, either.

I'm pretty sure Christian bakers don't stock homofaggot fake marriage cakes, either.

It was a huge boost for religious freedom....no matter how the left tries to spin it.

How is it a huge boost when the SC said that their ruling applies to only this case and no others? The ruling cannot be applied to any other cases as per SCOTUS.

Because members of these boards have been put on notice that their personal biases will be scrutinized. As they should.

We all deserve impartial judgement.

It was a huge boost for religious freedom....no matter how the left tries to spin it.
How would you feel if it was a Muslim baker refusing to bake a cake for a Christian couple?
Stealth Invasion

Muslims have no right to be here, allowing them religious freedom is simple-minded submission to simplistic legalisms. As Justice Holmes said, "The Constitution is not a suicide pact."

What "religion"? Some trash thing like phillips?

Doesn't matter. There lies your problem Listerine.

Constitutional right is going to trump the ghey
Listeria...blech.

Listeria (Listeriosis) | Listeria | CDC

Not the brighest bulb on the strand

So you can't think, then? This pig go his way today, but his kind will not win. The rest of us have rights, too. You disgrace the Irish.

Tsk tsk tsk the Irish laugh at you
The Real Lightfoot

"The Rising of the Moon" sounds like a rah-rah song, when it should be as tragic and foreboding as "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald." The lack of determined seriousness is why the Irish lost in 1798 and didn't win until 120 years later.

How would you feel if it was a Muslim baker refusing to bake a cake for a Christian couple?
Stealth Invasion

Muslims have no right to be here, allowing them religious freedom is simple-minded submission to simplistic legalisms. As Justice Holmes said, "The Constitution is not a suicide pact."

Really? You can only believe in certain religions here in America?

Thomas Jefferson translated and had his own Koran.

Stealth Invasion

No doubt it influenced his descion to wipe our the Muslim slave trade on the Barbary Coast. The medium of war was the only way to end the Muslim problem.

Stealth Invasion

No doubt it influenced his descion to wipe our the Muslim slave trade on the Barbary Coast. The medium of war was the only way to end the Muslim problem.
What Muslim problem was that?

I beg to differ that Religion wasn't a motivating factor in the decision. Picking Kennedy's position by the OP doesn't give the opinion of the rest............Kennedy being a swing vote.

If you'd notice........that just as the Gay couple had a right to protection..........so does the Religious beliefs of Phillips.

If wasn't just to Bake a Cake...........it was to participate in the wedding............Which is a Religious conflict of interest to the Bakers...............

Not as cut and dry as the OP would have us believe.
No one said it was about participating in the wedding. This is what I was talking about with the thread title.
I got the opinions from more than one Justice.....................You not so much...............what's with that one sidedness............Do you walk through life with blinders on.............I suspect you do.............

How is it a huge boost when the SC said that their ruling applies to only this case and no others? The ruling cannot be applied to any other cases as per SCOTUS.

That's a hilarious rendering. Of course the logic can be drawn from in this Decision deciding future cases. Otherwise it's not a Decision at all but more like a staff memo.

Yep. Funny though that the "Colorado Civil Rights Commission' was basically found to have violated the bakers' civil rights. Apparently 'Civil Rights' are only for 'special' people.
Civil rights? I thought the man was upset over his religious freedom? And why would you draw on that pathetic snarky comment of yours on this one instance?

Isn't religion a civil right? One would think that a 'Civil Rights Commission' would include ALL Americans that's all. I meant no 'snark' with the word 'special'....It seems that only CERTAIN people have civil rights according to this commission. That's why SCOTUS shot them down.
Why would you keep attempting to mislead with disingenuous diatribes?

The stupid Commission for all it's faults and bigotry, did not say religion is not protected. They attacked this man's honesty. They went overboard over the rights of gays and others to expect to be treated with dignity and respect in public places and services. Do not misconstrue things. You become your own worse enemy for a cause you attempt to defend when you do

Attacking a man with regard to his religious honesty is a violation of civil rights. I never said the commission said religion is not protected. Where do you get that shit from? Your ass?
I went fishing up your arse. I never said "Attacking a man with regard to his religious honesty" is not "a violation of civil rights." Where do you get your shit from?

For the record? I said months ago the baker would win
On what grounds? Narrow hateful ones, or something insightful on the legality and constitutionality?
Hello troll. The bakers won because the court found that the Colorado commission showed extreme bias and prejudice against the baker’s Christian religion. You got that now?
yet most on his side keep saying differently. as a matter of fact, being such a Troll magnet yourself, you should read what I wrote, rather than knee jerk go all out troll. Like that other hormonal poster Sil, you have misrepresented and lied about what I said. WillowTree's are such sad looking thangs
Poor misunderstood ewe!
So are you in the Union of Trolls, or are you a rebel?

I beg to differ that Religion wasn't a motivating factor in the decision. Picking Kennedy's position by the OP doesn't give the opinion of the rest............Kennedy being a swing vote.

If you'd notice........that just as the Gay couple had a right to protection..........so does the Religious beliefs of Phillips.

If wasn't just to Bake a Cake...........it was to participate in the wedding............Which is a Religious conflict of interest to the Bakers...............

Not as cut and dry as the OP would have us believe.
No one said it was about participating in the wedding. This is what I was talking about with the thread title.
I got the opinions from more than one Justice.....................You not so much...............what's with that one sidedness............Do you walk through life with blinders on.............I suspect you do.............
Oh! I see you believe commentary is to be confused with legal argument? Okay

It was a narrow decision focused on the CCC's disparaging the baker's religion. Reading any more into it is ignorant.

It was a narrow decision focused on the CCC's disparaging the baker's religion. Reading any more into it is ignorant.
So we are in agreement
Maybe....The same gay couple could sue the baker all over again actually. I heard the baker stopped baking wedding cakes with his initial loss. Sad really. Creativity squelched by political correctness.

So we are in agreement
Maybe....The same gay couple could sue the baker all over again actually. I heard the baker stopped baking wedding cakes with his initial loss. Sad really. Creativity squelched by political correctness.
The man allowed his religious convictions to get the better of himself. Screw him. He made it an issue. Maybe he could go into private practice and bake for friends, and church members?

Forum List

Back