The Hateful Faithful & Narrow Arguments That Blind

Did the SCOTUS Rule Against Gays and For the Baker's Free Speech Rights?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For the record? I said months ago the baker would win
On what grounds? Narrow hateful ones, or something insightful on the legality and constitutionality?

Religious freedom
Who was interfering with the man's religious freedom, and more to the point - how?

he did not want to make a cake with ---two plastic male figures standing
together in front of a cross--------over "LOVERS FOREVER" in royal icing
surrounded by little blue sugar flowers
That would be funny if it were true

It was a huge boost for religious freedom....no matter how the left tries to spin it.
How would you feel if it was a Muslim baker refusing to bake a cake for a Christian couple?

The real question is just how that would work out in a shariah compliant
society. No doubt----the muslim would NOT have to bake a "CHRISTIAN
CAKE"--------but it is not clear to me that a Christian could get out of baking
a muslim cake
That's nice kid, now would you like to answer the question I asked instead of substituting your own?

It was a huge boost for religious freedom....no matter how the left tries to spin it.
How would you feel if it was a Muslim baker refusing to bake a cake for a Christian couple?
wtf does that or would that have to do with the particulars of the case in question?

did you even read where at least three cases of a man wanting words written the bakers found offensive?

Who was interfering with the man's religious freedom, and more to the point - how?

Queers...the point how is obvious

Gays or 'Queers' as you want to call them (why not phags?) have the power to interfere with a man's religious freedom? How would they do that, and isn't the amendment appealed to, about the government not being allowed to do that?

You need to study up and try again
Oh now you have the time? Sweet. How do individuals have the power to interfere with a man's religious freedom?

tumblr_nenxdu5YBA1sww4emo1_500.gif

wtf does that or would that have to do with the particulars of the case in question?

did you even read where at least three cases of a man wanting words written the bakers found offensive?
Has to do with the post I quoted. "A huge boost for religious freedom"...

Would it still be a huge boost for religious freedom if it was a Muslim refusing service to a christiaC?

SCOTUS kicked the can down the road.

In this particular case they didn't have to look at anything other than how crappy the commission was; they not only displayed extreme prejudice against the mans religion and failed to uphold the constitutional requirement of not being biased about any religion, but they also failed to look at the evidence that the man was turning away all kinds of stuff he didn't want to work on - like Halloween cakes and the like. The commission on the other hand flew off the PC handle, labeled him as a homophobic bigot and blew their own ruling on the case out of the water.

It was about Religious Freedom. Not to be forced to do a service that is against your specific Religious Beliefs.

It is not a catch all case. It is incident specific.

Would be similar if a Muslim Baker was asked to bake a Cake for a gay person.

The people purposely targeted these Bakers for a legal fight........There were plenty of other bakers in the area.

It was about Religious Freedom. Not to be forced to do a service that is against your specific Religious Beliefs.

The people purposely targeted these Bakers for a legal fight........There were plenty of other bakers in the area.
They did not rule on that. "Not to be forced to do a service that is against your specific Religious Beliefs" They ruled that the state board discriminated against him. So your claim about even if it were a Muslim baker does not apply either

"Given all these considerations, it is proper to hold that whatever the outcome of some future controversy involving facts similar to these, the Commission’s actions here violated the Free Exercise Clause; and its order must be set aside."

Just bake the cake.
Exactly.

I sell, well sold (semi-retired) appliances. If a white guy came in looking for a fridge I sold him a fridge. Same for a black guy, an Asian guy, a gay guy, a Mexican transvestite, a Michael Jackson look alike.......

You get the picture.

Oh now you have the time? Sweet. How do individuals have the power to interfere with a man's religious freedom?
THEY didn't. The State did. And THAT violates the First Amendment on every level.
Given all these considerations, it is proper to hold that whatever the outcome of some future controversy involving facts similar to these, the Commission’s actions here violated the Free Exercise Clause; and its order must be set aside.

Just bake the cake.
I agree. But if it were me, I'd just go to another bakery. Life is too short. It isn't like Colorado had a rash of bakers refusing to make those 'gay cakes'

Yeah…me too.

Seeking to litigate everything is not only annoying, it affects those who actually have a need to bother the courts with their dispute.
and I fully understand the need to find cases to litigate, like Rosa Parks. She did set that up with help, and it needed to be done, but most people just moved because like I say , life is too short for us as individuals

They did not rule on that. "Not to be forced to do a service that is against your specific Religious Beliefs" They ruled that the state board discriminated against him. So your claim about even if it were a Muslim baker does not apply either

"Given all these considerations, it is proper to hold that whatever the outcome of some future controversy involving facts similar to these, the Commission’s actions here violated the Free Exercise Clause; and its order must be set aside."

Yep. Funny though that the "Colorado Civil Rights Commission' was basically found to have violated the bakers' civil rights. Apparently 'Civil Rights' are only for 'special' people.

Just bake the cake.
I agree. But if it were me, I'd just go to another bakery. Life is too short. It isn't like Colorado had a rash of bakers refusing to make those 'gay cakes'

Yeah…me too.

Seeking to litigate everything is not only annoying, it affects those who actually have a need to bother the courts with their dispute.
and I fully understand the need to find cases to litigate, like Rosa Parks. She did set that up with help, and it needed to be done, but most people just moved because like I say , life is too short for us as individuals

me too…

I always wondered what the big deal was from all sides of the dispute.

Yep. Funny though that the "Colorado Civil Rights Commission' was basically found to have violated the bakers' civil rights. Apparently 'Civil Rights' are only for 'special' people.
Civil rights? I thought the man was upset over his religious freedom? And why would you draw on that pathetic snarky comment of yours on this one instance?

Forum List

Back