The great stimulus and how its working.....thus far

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
A reporter was interviewing a business owner out of NY with how he's dealing with the virus and how he's handling the windfall of free money for his business with the Trump stimulus...he owned 3 restaurants. The guy said something very interesting...he said...I am NOT paying my employee's anything until after this thing is over and we start seeing customers again. If I were to pay them now, for the next 15 weeks, I'd run out of money and have nothing to pay them should and when my business opens up again and he made sense.

The question now becomes... why are we giving this guy money to earn interest in a bank for himself or perhaps pay his bills, his whatever, when his employees, who this money was meant for are relying on a one time stimulus of 1200 and unemployment checks? Why are we the tax payers as always rewarding Wall Street with mega free money and not the little guy?

Another thing noted, this guy, is very cautious and realistic in a sense, bc unless he regain a customer base, that payroll bailout money is useless and he's right.

But here's the reality......we are being premature dolling out tax free payroll retention dollars to any business at this point because the bread and butter of any industry will always hinge on customer participation...without us, you have nothing and that nothing will only dissipate and disappear when "fear" is no longer a presence in this country. And the only way to calm those fears is with mandatory testing and a continuation of spacing ourselves until a vaccine is made available. and of course the maniac in Washington gone. Nobody is out spending that stimulus money....we are either saving it or paying effin bills with it....all of Washington need to get out more and see the real america out here.

The question now becomes... why are we giving this guy money to earn interest in a bank for himself or perhaps pay his bills, his whatever, when his employees, who this money was meant for are relying on a one time stimulus of 1200 and unemployment checks? Why are we the tax payers as always rewarding Wall Street with mega free money and not the little guy?

This is a failure of YOURS to not READ the restrictions on SmallBizLoans in the stimulus.. It is CONTINGENT on the employer continuing to SUPPORT his employees.. Whether that's full time pay or part time pay is complicated in practice...

But for THIS GUY --- HE GETS NOTHING if he stops paying employees completely... We all done HERE? Good...

• Banned

This is a failure of YOURS to not READ the restrictions on SmallBizLoans in the stimulus.. It is CONTINGENT on the employer continuing to SUPPORT his employees.. Whether that's full time pay or part time pay is complicated in practice...

But for THIS GUY --- HE GETS NOTHING if he stops paying employees completely... We all done HERE? Good...
I just saw the interview on the news, I wish I could retrace who it was that was doing the interview....I know the stipulations behind the money, apparently this guy didn't was my effin point, duh!!

The stimulus checks are different than the employee protection loans/grants and Nancy Pelosi is sitting on the bill that could help the man in the interview....

A reporter was interviewing a business owner out of NY with how he's dealing with the virus and how he's handling the windfall of free money for his business with the Trump stimulus...he owned 3 restaurants. The guy said something very interesting...he said...I am NOT paying my employee's anything until after this thing is over and we start seeing customers again. If I were to pay them now, for the next 15 weeks, I'd run out of money and have nothing to pay them should and when my business opens up again and he made sense.

Another thing noted, this guy, is very cautious and realistic in a sense, bc unless he regain a customer base, that payroll bailout money is useless and he's right.

But here's the reality......we are being premature dolling out tax free payroll retention dollars to any business at this point because the bread and butter of any industry will always hinge on customer participation...without us, you have nothing and that nothing will only dissipate and disappear when "fear" is no longer a presence in this country. And the only way to calm those fears is with mandatory testing and a continuation of spacing ourselves until a vaccine is made available. and of course the maniac in Washington gone. Nobody is out spending that stimulus money....we are either saving it or paying effin bills with it....all of Washington need to get out more and see the real america out here.

First off, if he runs out of money in 15 weeks, in payroll, his numbers are way off. The PPP is going off of your annual payroll X 2.5. If he doesn't use it for payroll, utilities and other misc. necessities, his loan isn't forgiven and he will owe the whole sum back, with interest. This is a SBA loan, not a grant, so he has to use it the way the government has instructed or none of it is forgiven.

• Banned
The stimulus checks are different than the employee protection loans/grants and Nancy Pelosi is sitting on the bill that could help the man in the interview....
The man in the interview, as with all business's in this country will never ever ever ever see the type of prosperity once enjoyed, UNTIL PPL FEEL SAFE AGAIN...WHAT ABOUT THIS SHIT DON'T YOU MORONS UNDERSTAND????? GET US ALL TESTED, ISOLATED IF ILL, FUND OUR STATES, OUR MEDICAL COMMUNITY AND THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL THAT GUY OR ANY OF US FIND A SAFE HAVEN AGAIN FOR PROSPERITY...THROWING MONEY TO ANYTHING THAT MOVES, EVEN DEAD PPL ARE GETTING STIMULUS CHECKS IS JUST A WASTE.....TEST TEST AND MORE TEST...I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MINE DONE SOMEDAY...SOON I HOPE.....PENCE ARE YOU LISTENING....YOU IDIOT FUCK

• Banned

First off, if he runs out of money in 15 weeks, in payroll, his numbers are way off. The PPP is going off of your annual payroll X 2.5. If he doesn't use it for payroll, utilities and other misc. necessities, his loan isn't forgiven and he will owe the whole sum back, with interest. This is a SBA loan, not a grant, so he has to use it the way the government has instructed or none of it is forgiven.

The guy is on record, his restaurant was showcased in that interview, we'll see what happens....again, I know the stipulations behind these monies...so stop trying to educate me, please...I'm just sharing the interview I saw, that's all.

The guy is on record, his restaurant was showcased in that interview, we'll see what happens....again, I know the stipulations behind these monies...so stop trying to educate me, please...I'm just sharing the interview I saw, that's all.

The guy is FOS.

/story

The man in the interview, as with all business's in this country will never ever ever ever see the type of prosperity once enjoyed, UNTIL PPL FEEL SAFE AGAIN...WHAT ABOUT THIS SHIT DON'T YOU MORONS UNDERSTAND????? GET US ALL TESTED, ISOLATED IF ILL, FUND OUR STATES, OUR MEDICAL COMMUNITY AND THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL THAT GUY OR ANY OF US FIND A SAFE HAVEN AGAIN FOR PROSPERITY...THROWING MONEY TO ANYTHING THAT MOVES, EVEN DEAD PPL ARE GETTING STIMULUS CHECKS IS JUST A WASTE.....TEST TEST AND MORE TEST...I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MINE DONE SOMEDAY...SOON I HOPE.....PENCE ARE YOU LISTENING....YOU IDIOT FUCK
Do you not have any intestinal fortitude at all?...where is your backbone?...this virus is bad and so is the shutdown but you had better harden yourself snowflake because things worse than this have and can happen....thank God you were not around during the 1st and 2nd world war not to mention the pandemic of 1918...and recession in the 30's....grow a pair you are embarrassing...

If he has an EIDL loan or a PPP loan he has to spend it on certain things. I think the dude is wrong.As far as educating you or other idiots, I gave up on that a long time ago.

I just saw the interview on the news, I wish I could retrace who it was that was doing the interview....I know the stipulations behind the money, apparently this guy didn't was my effin point, duh!!

Dont need to "retrace the interview"., YOU're the one making assumptions that this guy even APPLIED... You said....

A reporter was interviewing a business owner out of NY with how he's dealing with the virus and how he's handling the windfall of free money for his business with the Trump stimulus...he owned 3 restaurants.

"how he's handling the windfall of free money"??? No.. He's not getting a thing..

Actually, the base restriction on having the loan forgiven is that 75% MUST go to employees and 25% can be used to offset other costs.. It's NOT A WINDFALL for anyone except employees that MAY WANT their jobs back when this ends... There isn't even a guarantee for employers that these people getting "free money" WILL come back...

Forum List

Back