The Great RW myth about the Founders' meaning of 'Republic'.

BTW quit being a commie bastard.. Again why do you think this is OK ? Unless you're another asshole who is jealous of someone who has some money and land.. Please explain it in your own words a dude works his butt off and buys land Then he wants to drink a beer on his land..
You sound stupidly as did reb on communism. You have no idea what you are talking about, do you, boo boo? We own far, far more than you could ever imagine. No one is jealous of you, boo boo, in the slightest. If the cops catching you drinking heavily on your land and deem you a threat, yes, you can be arrested. Why would you think not?
Translation - your jealous
Of you getting drunk on your little acre? OK. :lol:

Did you take your Xanax today? You know you're not supposed to skip any doses.

What's remarkable about you is, you NEVER manage to say anything intelligent. It's like batting 1.000.

One would think that at some point you might ACCIDENTLY say something intelligent, but even that doesn't happen.

You're a marvel in that sense.
You wouldn't know intelligent if it hit you on your pointy head. When you says something worthy of a thoughtful reply, I'll let you know so that you don't miss it.

So that's your excuse for only making thoughtless posts in this thread?

lol
You have it all wrong. I, and the others, are the only ones making thoughtful, intelligent posts. You are trying to rewrite history as part of a temper tantrum that you can't have your way. You are seeking to subvert the Constitution for your own selfish purposes.

Now, say something intelligent or just give it up.

No, I am compiling a long list of conservatives who insist our system of government is UNDEMOCRATIC,

and they are very pleased that it is so.

You're the one stating it's undemocratic. We are contending that it is not
a Democracy. Words have meaning, and there is a great difference between the two.

America has a Democratic style of government insomuch as it's not an oligarchy, monarchy, or anarchy, etc. Our form of government is a Federal Republic. As there are different forms of a Democracy, so are there different forms, or interpretations, of a Republic and what that means.

I know you won't do it because it would poke holes in your diatribe But you really should study multiple sources so you can at least sound educated instead of a left-wing, talking points spewing, shill. Then maybe people would take you serious. But I doubt it.

Seeing as it is the rule by the majority...

NYCarbineer, you are again talking way beyond your depth. You should not attempt adult stuff, it is too complicated for you.

Obviously it's not rule by majority or else Hillary would be the next prez. She's beating Trump by almost 2,000,000 votes now.

Trump: 62,238,425
Clinton: 64,156,255

2016 presidential election results

Of course it's the rule of the majority, Trump won 67% of the States, that's the majority that counts.

That's a majority of dirt, ground, geographical acres. That is meaningless to a democratic system of government.

You fucking idiot, the federal government is a representative form of government, NOT A DEMOCRATIC FORM. States elect those representatives per the Constitution, deal with it fool.

If NYcarbneer really knew anything about our American history, he would know the Founders already entertained the option of electing the president on the basis of a democratic majority vote, before considering the electoral college, and REJECTED it. Yet I'm vety certain he would not have the slightest clue as to why. These liberals really ought to open up an American history book sometime, I just can't believe how little they really know about our country.
They got the impression somewhere that if they fundamentally change it, America will become perfect. Never mind the fact that America is already better than almost every other country right now. They think they can make it better. It's a pipe-dream of course, because smarter more visionary men then they are already considered everything they're trying to do.

Says the right wing talking points spewing shill, muddy.

We are a federated constitutional republic with democratic practices. We elect people to represent us, and they generally appoint those who run the government. Thus a school board is democratically elected as its representatives, but they appoint the Superintendent who appoints other members of his administration with the SB normally doing a rubber stamp approval. City managers are appointed by a City Council, and it is the city manager who is the CEO of the town government.

The left generally want a democracy because it can sway the mob to their side to the horror of the right.

When a populist demagogue like Trump wins office, a demolite playing conservative, the system becomes very interesting!

And I see the brains of the RW operation has already trolled in before even reading it.

Such is the intellect of the USMB right.
Considering your past posts can you blame them?
Usually you try to take a ridiculous position and then attempt to prove it with nothing but opinion.

I posted verbatim verified quotes. In our country those are considered factual.

Out of context quotes can often be misleading, why didn't you post the complete letters, so people could understand the real meaning?

Why don't you go find the letters, and prove that they contain context that reverses the meaning of what I posted.

Already found them and they're call The Federalist Papers.

But don't bother, people. All he will do is say they are full of errors because they don't coincide with his beliefs, even though his clueless about the topic.

Obviously it's not rule by majority or else Hillary would be the next prez. She's beating Trump by almost 2,000,000 votes now.

Trump: 62,238,425
Clinton: 64,156,255

2016 presidential election results

Of course it's the rule of the majority, Trump won 67% of the States, that's the majority that counts.

That's a majority of dirt, ground, geographical acres. That is meaningless to a democratic system of government.

You fucking idiot, the federal government is a representative form of government, NOT A DEMOCRATIC FORM. States elect those representatives per the Constitution, deal with it fool.
Nycarb is a commie idiot.

There should be a special board for drive-by neanderthals who really have nothing to say.
You mean like you and NYcarbineer?

BTW quit being a commie bastard.. Again why do you think this is OK ? Unless you're another asshole who is jealous of someone who has some money and land.. Please explain it in your own words a dude works his butt off and buys land Then he wants to drink a beer on his land..
You sound stupidly as did reb on communism. You have no idea what you are talking about, do you, boo boo? We own far, far more than you could ever imagine. No one is jealous of you, boo boo, in the slightest. If the cops catching you drinking heavily on your land and deem you a threat, yes, you can be arrested. Why would you think not?

I don't have an acre.. Three acres.

Nycarb is a commie idiot.
There should be a special board for drive-by neanderthals who really have nothing to say.
You mean like you and NYcarbineer?
Oh, you mean you, of course. Talk like a political neanderthal, D_D, you will get called out on it. I do not agree with NYC on this, but he is much brighter than you.

I don't have an acre.. Three acres.
Wow!

We have more than 1,800 in seven states. We could get drunk on the biggest chunk and LEO would never find us.

A republic is defined as a representative democracy. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You forgot the Federal!

Some Communist country's are Republics because they have representatives. Their representatives are not elected however, and instead of the people telling them what they, the representative tells the people what what they want.

"A democracy [is] the only pure republic,but impracticable beyond the limits of a town." --Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1816. ME 15:65

Don't even try.

""I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times..."
Jefferson to H. Tompkinson (AKA Samuel Kercheval), July 12, 1816

Ahhh yes. The stale old assertion that the Constitution is "A Living Document" and has outlived its usefulness.

We're a representative republic. We elect representatives so we don't have a pure democracy. But we elect those representatives via popular vote, so it is democratic.

We use democratic practices along with appointments by representatives to choose and govern in our system.

A republic is defined as a representative democracy. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You forgot the Federal!

Some Communist country's are Republics because they have representatives. Their representatives are not elected however, and instead of the people telling them what they, the representative tells the people what what they want.
Not real republics then.

And I see the brains of the RW operation has already trolled in before even reading it.

Such is the intellect of the USMB right.
Considering your past posts can you blame them?
Usually you try to take a ridiculous position and then attempt to prove it with nothing but opinion.

I posted verbatim verified quotes. In our country those are considered factual.

Out of context quotes can often be misleading, why didn't you post the complete letters, so people could understand the real meaning?

Why don't you go find the letters, and prove that they contain context that reverses the meaning of what I posted.

Already found them and they're call The Federalist Papers.

But don't bother, people. All he will do is say they are full of errors because they don't coincide with his beliefs, even though his clueless about the topic.

Why don't you prove that Jefferson didn't say what I posted, for starters?

What's remarkable about you is, you NEVER manage to say anything intelligent. It's like batting 1.000.

One would think that at some point you might ACCIDENTLY say something intelligent, but even that doesn't happen.

You're a marvel in that sense.
You wouldn't know intelligent if it hit you on your pointy head. When you says something worthy of a thoughtful reply, I'll let you know so that you don't miss it.

So that's your excuse for only making thoughtless posts in this thread?

lol
You have it all wrong. I, and the others, are the only ones making thoughtful, intelligent posts. You are trying to rewrite history as part of a temper tantrum that you can't have your way. You are seeking to subvert the Constitution for your own selfish purposes.

Now, say something intelligent or just give it up.

No, I am compiling a long list of conservatives who insist our system of government is UNDEMOCRATIC,

and they are very pleased that it is so.

You're the one stating it's undemocratic. We are contending that it is not
a Democracy. Words have meaning, and there is a great difference between the two.

democratic is the adjective form of the noun democracy. If we are not a democracy then we are undemocratic.

You think the word democracy only means direct democracy. That's where you're going wrong.

Forum List

Back