The GOPS southern Southern strategy

t_polkow

Rookie
Mar 3, 2013
Not jesusland
And why the GOP is nothing more today then a regional bible thumping racist party

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X_8E3ENrKrQ#]Exclusive: Lee Atwater's Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy - YouTube[/ame]!

Republicans say, "How dare anyone saying we are racist. We just point out that peanut eating black people are stupid and lazy and only want handouts. That doesn't make us racist."

And why the GOP is nothing more today then a regional bible thumping racist party

Exclusive: Lee Atwater's Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy - YouTube!
Lee Atwater died a horrible, painful death at 40. At the end he begged forgiveness for his dirty dealing, and became a Catholic.

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a February 1991 article for Life magazine, Atwater wrote:
My illness helped me to see that what was missing in society is what was missing in me: a little heart, a lot of brotherhood. The '80s were about acquiring — acquiring wealth, power, prestige. I know. I acquired more wealth, power, and prestige than most. But you can acquire all you want and still feel empty. What power wouldn't I trade for a little more time with my family? What price wouldn't I pay for an evening with friends? It took a deadly illness to put me eye to eye with that truth, but it is a truth that the country, caught up in its ruthless ambitions and moral decay, can learn on my dime. I don't know who will lead us through the '90s, but they must be made to speak to this spiritual vacuum at the heart of American society, this tumor of the soul.[16]
This article was notable for an apology to Michael Dukakis for the "naked cruelty" of the 1988 presidential election campaign.[16][17]
Ed Rollins, however, stated in the 2008 documentary Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story, that "[Atwater] was telling this story about how a Living Bible was what was giving him faith and I said to Mary (Matalin), 'I really, sincerely hope that he found peace.' She said, 'Ed, when we were cleaning up his things afterwards, the Bible was still wrapped in the cellophane and had never been taken out of the package,' which just told you everything there was. He was spinning right to the end."[10]

Last edited:
Porky..you got your ass kicked....in my thread......what else ya got?????

Your typical ass kicking is actually called a 'swing and a miss'. True story.

rdean.. no.

This is what happens when you argue (thats you on the left)

75342.gif

Last edited:
Did he really think that if it's getting that abstract it's not racism?

Sure he did. He's a games player just like the GOP has always been

And that same dishonest game is played here often, too.

Racism isn't about word use, it's about hatred in the heart.

There is no mythical GOP southern strategy in the south. Democrats controlled North Carolina for over 140 years until around 2010. When the state grew tired of democrats southern strategy of welfare. Kicked their asses out.

So you think that the GOP does NOT strategize how to appeal to blocks of voters?

I think that the GOP does and does so rather brilliantly.

I think that the GOP's Southern Strategy would not have worked thought had it not been for the arrogance of the uberliberal DEMS that imagined that they could villify WHITE MALES to gain the growing feminist voters block, without at the same time, creating a block of voters that was called (after the win by Reagan) the REAGAN DEMOCRATS.

The Uberliberal wing of the DEM party made a terrible miscalculation back in the late 70s.

The DNC embraced SEXISM and RACISM and called it AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

It did NOT have to go down like that.

They could have created an Affirmative Action policy that was NOT sexist and racist.

But in order to do that?

They SHOULD have devised a policies to increase the pie, rather than merely deciding that this go-round women and minorities would be given the golden ring and men would be put at the back of the line.

The above is one of the reasons I personally loath LIMO LIBERALS.

After all, they knew perfectly well that their male kids would never be effected by their CLASSIST, racist and sexist Affirmative Action policies.

Last edited:
There is no mythical GOP southern strategy in the south. Democrats controlled North Carolina for over 140 years until around 2010. When the state grew tired of democrats southern strategy of welfare. Kicked their asses out.

So you think that the GOP does NOT strategize how to appeal to blocks of voters?

I think that the GOP's Southern Strategy would not have worked thought had it not been for the arrogance of the uberliberal DEMS that imagined that they could villify WHITE MALES to gain the growing feminist voters block, without at the same time, creating a block of voters that was called (after the win by Reagan) the REAGAN DEMOCRATS.

The Uberliberal wing of the DEM party made a terrible miscalculation back in the late 70s.

They could have created an Affirmative Action policy that was NOT sexist and racist.

But in order to do that?

They SHOULD have devised a policies to increase the pie, rather than merely deciding that this go-round women and minorities would be given the golden ring and men would be put at the back of the line.

After all, they knew perfectly well that their male kids would never be effected by their CLASSIST, racist and sexist Affirmative Action policies.
The mythical GOP southern strategy that I am referring to is the one the OP is trying too push as if it exists

But in order to do that?

The mythical GOP southern strategy that I am referring to is the one the OP is trying too push as if it exists

The Neocons and Nixon?s Southern Strategy

But in order to do that?

The Neocons and Nixon?s Southern Strategy

?I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.? - Lyndon B. Johnson

Exclusive: Lee Atwater's Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy - YouTube!

1. The thread is an attempt to claim that the Democratic Party isn't the party of slavery and segregation ....

Democrats 100 years ago,
or 50 years ago, or anytime in the past, were racists and segregationists,..

It seems it is so very important to cloud history by defaming those who actually fought slavery and racist: the Republicans.

a. Dixiecrats lost in 1948 (64 years ago)....then went right back to being Democrats.

2. Let's take a look at the most popular Democrat today, and see what we can find....

a. Governor Clinton was among three state officials the NAACP sued in 1989 under the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965. “Plaintiffs offered plenty of proof of monolithic voting along racial lines, intimidation of black voters and candidates and other official acts that made voting harder for blacks,” the Arkansas Gazette reported December 6, 1989.

b. Bill Clinton had a Confederate flag-like issue, every year he was governor: Arkansas Code Annotated, Section 1-5-107, provides as follows:

(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as ‘Confederate Flag Day’ in this state.

(b) No person, firm, or corporation shall display an Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America. [Emphasis added.]

(c) Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

Bill Clinton took no steps during his twelve years as governor to repeal this law.
Hillary Clinton's Confederacy Hypocrisy | The Gateway Pundit

3. (BTW...Orval Eugene Faubus, attended Bill Clinton’s 1979 gubernatorial inauguration, where the two pols hugged, as Arkansas Democrat-Gazette editorial page editor Paul Greenberg recalls.)
Know who Faubus was?
Yup...he used the National Guard to prevent blacks from going to school

4. Bill Clinton wrote his first letter, dated June 21, 1994, of congratulations to the UDC [Untied Daughters of the Confederacy] celebrating their 100th anniversary. Later Clinton wrote a letter September 8, 1994 letter of congratulation to the Georgia Division of the UDC celebrating their 100th anniversary, then August 9, 1995 welcoming to Washington, D.C. for their 1995 national convention. Each letter was given a full page with Clinton’s picture in the United Daughters of the Confederacy Magazine (UDC Magazine) giving legitimacy to the UDC.

For reference, the UDC magazine includes " a Ku Klux Klan praising book, not just the Klan of Reconstruction but the Klan of the 1920s, a book which recommends the racist books of Thomas Dixon, “The Clansman” ...
Anti-Neo-Confederate: Bill Clinton Enables Neo-Confederates & Betrays Carol Moseley-Braun: UPDATED

a. "Clinton praised Arkansas’ late Democratic senator J. William Fulbright, a notorious segregationist who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act. He also signed the Southern Manifesto, which denounced the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark Brown vs. Board of Education school desegregation decision in 1954. Clinton called Fulbright “My mentor, a visionary, a humanitarian.”Dems Need to Houseclean - Deroy Murdock - National Review Online

and....

Fulbright was a full-bore segregationist, voting against the 1957, 1960, 1964, and 1965 civil rights bills.
But...in 1993, Bill Clinton gave the Medal of Freedom award to a lifelong segregationist, Democrat Wm. J. Fulbright. And another life-long segregationist, Democrat Albert Gore, Sr. was in attendance.

Hey...didn't Bill Clinton just recently speak at the Democrat National Convention?

… President Bill Clinton
argued that Colin Powell, promoted
to brigadier general during Mr.
Alexander’s tenure, was the product
of an affirmative action program.
http://cdn.virtuallearningcourses.com/ivtcontent/images/edw12_ch05_e.pdf

So....why refer to ancient history, you know, the slavery/segreation history of the party that prevented every anti-lynching bill that came up in the Senate: that is the Democrat Party.

Let's concentrate on the current icon, the rapist, Bill Clinton.

No one here denies that the Democratic Party until the 1960s had bad race history, which began to change only slightly in the 1930s (the fair employment requirements for federal contracts with unions), Truman's beginning to integrate the Armed Forces (leading to the Dixiecrat revolt), and Kennedy/Johnson and Civil Rights.

But since the Civil Rights, the ancient history is . . . old . . . has nothing to do with the Dems today.

We Republicans need to accept that fact and reach out to minorities honestly.

Or we will continue to lose national elections.

ps: if we don't, eventually the southwest will go democratic and we will lose our hold on the House.

That the GOP’s Southern Strategy was predicated on racism is beyond dispute.

Was that racism sanctioned or condoned officially by the GOP? No.

Does this mean that all republicans are racist? No.

Does this mean all Southerners are racist? No.

But the Strategy allowed the GOP to take advantage of racial animosity among a significant number of voters in the South to the extent that these voters were more likely to vote for republican candidates as opposed to democratic. It allowed the GOP to create the myth among many Southerners that the Democratic Party was concerned only for minorities, while ignoring the problems of whites.

Voters motivated by race, therefore, when added to social conservatives and Christian fundamentalists, made for a powerful, dependable voting block for the GOP that republicans couldn’t resist, a voting block they used to end the democrats’ control of Congress.

And again, this raises a difficult issue for republicans, as to why many racists feel comfortable in the GOP, and why racists are more prone to vote for republican candidates.

No one here denies that the Democratic Party until the 1960s had bad race history, which began to change only slightly in the 1930s (the fair employment requirements for federal contracts with unions), Truman's beginning to integrate the Armed Forces (leading to the Dixiecrat revolt), and Kennedy/Johnson and Civil Rights.

But since the Civil Rights, the ancient history is . . . old . . . has nothing to do with the Dems today.

We Republicans need to accept that fact and reach out to minorities honestly.

Or we will continue to lose national elections.

ps: if we don't, eventually the southwest will go democratic and we will lose our hold on the House.

"Or we will continue to lose national elections."

In the famous words of Tonto to the Lone Ranger, as the Indians attacked....
'What's this "we," white man?"'

Everyone knows the truth, Jakal.

That the GOP’s Southern Strategy was predicated on racism is beyond dispute.

Was that racism sanctioned or condoned officially by the GOP? No.

Does this mean that all republicans are racist? No.

Does this mean all Southerners are racist? No.

But the Strategy allowed the GOP to take advantage of racial animosity among a significant number of voters in the South to the extent that these voters were more likely to vote for republican candidates as opposed to democratic. It allowed the GOP to create the myth among many Southerners that the Democratic Party was concerned only for minorities, while ignoring the problems of whites.

Voters motivated by race, therefore, when added to social conservatives and Christian fundamentalists, made for a powerful, dependable voting block for the GOP that republicans couldn’t resist, a voting block they used to end the democrats’ control of Congress.

And again, this raises a difficult issue for republicans, as to why many racists feel comfortable in the GOP, and why racists are more prone to vote for republican candidates.

"That the GOP’s Southern Strategy ..."

You again, myth-man???

1. The thread is an attempt to claim that the Democratic Party isn't the party of slavery and segregation ....

Democrats 100 years ago,

It seems it is so very important to cloud history by defaming those who actually fought slavery and racist: the Republicans.

a. Dixiecrats lost in 1948 (64 years ago)....then went right back to being Democrats.

2. Let's take a look at the most popular Democrat today, and see what we can find....

a. Governor Clinton was among three state officials the NAACP sued in 1989 under the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965. “Plaintiffs offered plenty of proof of monolithic voting along racial lines, intimidation of black voters and candidates and other official acts that made voting harder for blacks,” the Arkansas Gazette reported December 6, 1989.

b. Bill Clinton had a Confederate flag-like issue, every year he was governor: Arkansas Code Annotated, Section 1-5-107, provides as follows:

(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as ‘Confederate Flag Day’ in this state.

(b) No person, firm, or corporation shall display an Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America. [Emphasis added.]

(c) Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

Bill Clinton took no steps during his twelve years as governor to repeal this law.

3. (BTW...Orval Eugene Faubus, attended Bill Clinton’s 1979 gubernatorial inauguration, where the two pols hugged, as Arkansas Democrat-Gazette editorial page editor Paul Greenberg recalls.)
Know who Faubus was?

4. Bill Clinton wrote his first letter, dated June 21, 1994, of congratulations to the UDC [Untied Daughters of the Confederacy] celebrating their 100th anniversary. Later Clinton wrote a letter September 8, 1994 letter of congratulation to the Georgia Division of the UDC celebrating their 100th anniversary, then August 9, 1995 welcoming to Washington, D.C. for their 1995 national convention. Each letter was given a full page with Clinton’s picture in the United Daughters of the Confederacy Magazine (UDC Magazine) giving legitimacy to the UDC.

For reference, the UDC magazine includes " a Ku Klux Klan praising book, not just the Klan of Reconstruction but the Klan of the 1920s, a book which recommends the racist books of Thomas Dixon, “The Clansman” ...
Anti-Neo-Confederate: Bill Clinton Enables Neo-Confederates & Betrays Carol Moseley-Braun: UPDATED

a. "Clinton praised Arkansas’ late Democratic senator J. William Fulbright, a notorious segregationist who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act. He also signed the Southern Manifesto, which denounced the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark Brown vs. Board of Education school desegregation decision in 1954. Clinton called Fulbright “My mentor, a visionary, a humanitarian.”Dems Need to Houseclean - Deroy Murdock - National Review Online

and....

Fulbright was a full-bore segregationist, voting against the 1957, 1960, 1964, and 1965 civil rights bills.
But...in 1993, Bill Clinton gave the Medal of Freedom award to a lifelong segregationist, Democrat Wm. J. Fulbright. And another life-long segregationist, Democrat Albert Gore, Sr. was in attendance.

Hey...didn't Bill Clinton just recently speak at the Democrat National Convention?

… President Bill Clinton

So....why refer to ancient history, you know, the slavery/segreation history of the party that prevented every anti-lynching bill that came up in the Senate: that is the Democrat Party.

Colin Powell’s former chief of staff: GOP is ‘full of racists’

Colin Powell?s former chief of staff: GOP is ?full of racists?

Last edited by a moderator:

Democrats 100 years ago,

Know who Faubus was?

and....

… President Bill Clinton

Colin Powell’s former chief of staff: GOP is ‘full of racists’

Colin Powell?s former chief of staff: GOP is ?full of racists?

Surprised you never learned this rule of life,....

Reality is defined by actions, not by words.

Immediately: laminate the above and put it in your wallet!
'Else, you may embarrass yourself further.

That means that what the racist-rapist Clinton has done....

...represents reality....

...less so, what anyone says.

But....I've seen your attempts at posting.....

....no shock that you have difficulty understanding the real world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back