The GOP war on American Voters continues

Heres your problem with the facts.

In all the studies done on the type of vote fraud you mention vertually NONE has been found.

That is why the ID law makes no sense, its millions upon millions of dollars to stop fraud that doesnt exsist.

and Diebold? LOL, you condemn them before the release anything.

OTOH, me, I think everyone should vote by hand/pen/pencil, showing their id. To get an absentee ballot, note from doc or copy of airline/bus/train ticket.

OTOH, me, I think everyone should vote by hand/pen/pencil, showing their id. To get an absentee ballot, note from doc or copy of airline/bus/train ticket.

Even Curious George should have to show his trademark ! :lol:

Florida officials back down on voter purge list

Just eight days after a circuit judge ordered elections officials to make the list public, Florida Department of State has withdrawn their list of over 47,000 ex-felons they wanted removed from the voter rolls. The list was so flawed that Supervisors of Elections across the state were asking why they should use it. People around Florida were finding their names on the list when they had committed no felony or had long since gone through the onerous process of getting their civil rights restored. On July 9, Florida Department of State officials announced that they were withdrawing the list because a database error meant they failed to purge voters with Latino surnames who they claimed had committed a felony.

At first, the state of Florida had refused to release the list to the public. Then, when the Leon County Circuit Court ordered them to release it, the press, civil rights groups, and public officials started to actually check the list to see whether the people on it should be eligible to vote or not. Many were stunned to discover that the State of Florida had targeted them for disenfranchisement.

"I have never seen such an incompetent program implemented by the DOE [Department of Elections]," Leon County supervisor of elections Ion Sancho told the Miami Herald shortly after state officials released the list. On July 2 the Herald wrote that "2,100 Florida voters--many of them black Democrats--could be wrongly barred from voting in November because Tallahassee elections officials included them on a list of felons potentially ineligible to vote, a Herald investigation has found." The Herald found that at least 2,119 of the 47,000 names "should not be on the list because their rights to vote were formally restored through the state's clemency process." ("Thousands of eligible voters are on felon list," Miami Herald, July 2, 2004.)

"Of the 2,119 people who obtained clemency [but who were on the purge list], 62 percent are registered Democrats, and almost half are black," noted the Herald. "Less than 20 percent are Republican."

For the 2000 elections in Leon County, the Supervisor of Elections could only verify 34 actual felons out of a list of 694 names provided by the state.

Last edited:
Florida officials back down on voter purge list

Just eight days after a circuit judge ordered elections officials to make the list public, Florida Department of State has withdrawn their list of over 47,000 ex-felons they wanted removed from the voter rolls. The list was so flawed that Supervisors of Elections across the state were asking why they should use it. People around Florida were finding their names on the list when they had committed no felony or had long since gone through the onerous process of getting their civil rights restored. On July 9, Florida Department of State officials announced that they were withdrawing the list because a database error meant they failed to purge voters with Latino surnames who they claimed had committed a felony.

At first, the state of Florida had refused to release the list to the public. Then, when the Leon County Circuit Court ordered them to release it, the press, civil rights groups, and public officials started to actually check the list to see whether the people on it should be eligible to vote or not. Many were stunned to discover that the State of Florida had targeted them for disenfranchisement.

"I have never seen such an incompetent program implemented by the DOE [Department of Elections]," Leon County supervisor of elections Ion Sancho told the Miami Herald shortly after state officials released the list. On July 2 the Herald wrote that "2,100 Florida voters--many of them black Democrats--could be wrongly barred from voting in November because Tallahassee elections officials included them on a list of felons potentially ineligible to vote, a Herald investigation has found." The Herald found that at least 2,119 of the 47,000 names "should not be on the list because their rights to vote were formally restored through the state's clemency process." ("Thousands of eligible voters are on felon list," Miami Herald, July 2, 2004.)

"Of the 2,119 people who obtained clemency [but who were on the purge list], 62 percent are registered Democrats, and almost half are black," noted the Herald. "Less than 20 percent are Republican."

For the 2000 elections in Leon County, the Supervisor of Elections could only verify 34 actual felons out of a list of 694 names provided by the state.

Great--problem solved---next ?

How is it solved?

How do you give the election of 2000 to the man who actually won now?

DieBold doesnt exsist anymore.

They changed their name so they could sell the company.

No one would buy it with the Diebold name on it.

How is selling it a solution when it still creates machines that can not secure our vote?

So we have proven here that the Republicans Have cheated without a doubt resulting in Americans having their vote ripped away from them illegally.

That they have done it repetedly and now you question wether they would be willing to perform the same acts in this election?

How about recycling them instead.

We can make them into bars for the prisons we need to build to put these treasonous criminals in.

So we have proven here that the Republicans Have cheated without a doubt resulting in Americans having their vote ripped away from them illegally.

That they have done it repetedly and now you question wether they would be willing to perform the same acts in this election?

Donkeycrap!

How about recycling them instead.

We can make them into bars for the prisons we need to build to put these treasonous criminals in.

You are a rabid partisan. You should be concerned with the ACORN crap but you are not.

DieBold doesnt exsist anymore.

They changed their name so they could sell the company.

No one would buy it with the Diebold name on it.

So the problems you had with them have gone poof? How honest of you. :cool:

You are a rabid partisan. You should be concerned with the ACORN crap but you are not.

Yes Im concerned but because I bothered to actually understand what is happeing in the case and you refuse to out of partisan hackery you seem to think ACORN has done something wrong when in fact the republiucans actions against ACORN is more targeting of poor voters to knock legal voters off the rolls in a attempt to steal an election.

Yes Im concerned but because I bothered to actually understand what is happeing in the case and you refuse to out of partisan hackery you seem to think ACORN has done something wrong when in fact the republiucans actions against ACORN is more targeting of poor voters to knock legal voters off the rolls in a attempt to steal an election.

:lol: What you sow, your reap. I think you recognize that.

Forum List

Back