The GOP Walked Out Over This??

WTF? Yeah... right. Once again.... blame everything on 7% of the workforce.... it's all their fault that there are no jobs. Not the fuckers with $2T+ that they are sitting on and God knows how many Trillions they sent out of the country that will never come back so they can get slave labor.

Sheep.

Here's a thought, how about unions lowering the union dues of the working guy instead of giving all to clowns like Obama? Baaa baaaa baaaa motherfucker......

Baaaa, Baaaa? How much do you think I pay in union dues? I am a member of AFSCME. Take a guess motherfucker? BTW... Union dues do not go to a Union's PAC.... that is a special(and Voluntary) fund.... in AFSCME, it's called "VIP". Our Actual Union dues are for protecting our benefits.

That's the problem with you ignorant son of a bitches.... you don't have a clue about much of anything that FOX doesn't tell you.

Holy shit!, you're a member of AFSCAM?, hell, why didn't you say so? That changes everything! ......

What per cent of the tax burden is paid by the wealthy?

Meaningless numbers are meaningless.

If I make $100K a year and am taxed 20% and you make $10K a year and are taxed 50%, I pay $20,000 and you pay $5,000 for a total of $25,000 in a total taxes. But, oh my God! I pay 80% of the tax burden!! Clearly I need a tax cut! I am over taxed!!

Not at all. Perhaps you want to try again.

I may be wrong here, but i'll try, you stated in a roundabout way that repubs were against giving the 7 million in funding but said repubs are not really fiscally conservative. Wouldn't voting against 7 million in spending be considered a fiscally conservative move?....

Sorry, my bad. It was the GOP that was for this funding. Dems wanted to defund NASCAR sponsorship by the Pentagon.

My mistake. You were right. I did contradict myself.

No biggy...

I think this was more of an anti military move by the democrats anyway, sponsoring NASCAR is advertising for recruits imo.......

Here's a thought, how about unions lowering the union dues of the working guy instead of giving all to clowns like Obama? Baaa baaaa baaaa motherfucker......

Baaaa, Baaaa? How much do you think I pay in union dues? I am a member of AFSCME. Take a guess motherfucker? BTW... Union dues do not go to a Union's PAC.... that is a special(and Voluntary) fund.... in AFSCME, it's called "VIP". Our Actual Union dues are for protecting our benefits.

That's the problem with you ignorant son of a bitches.... you don't have a clue about much of anything that FOX doesn't tell you.

Holy shit!, you're a member of AFSCAM?, hell, why didn't you say so? That changes everything! ......

Refute me... don't just rhetoric me to death... Prove your position....

You can't... that's your sides' Whole fucking problem. Most of you are a huge bunch of idiots. The rest of you are the people I despise... the "Profit before anything else" people. I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that you are one of the former.

Wonkbook: The debt-ceiling deal so far - Ezra Klein - The Washington Post

A bit more information has trickled out over the last few days detailing the exact state of the budget negotiations when they collapsed. Both sides, as they often said, were shooting for about $2.4 trillion in deficit reduction over 10 years. They'd already agreed on around $1 trillion in spending cuts and were making good progress on the rest of it. But Democrats insisted that $400 billion -- so, 17 percent -- of the package be tax increases. And that's when Republicans walked.

Specifically, the Obama administration was looking at a rule that lets businesses value their inventory at less than they bought it for in order to lower their tax burden, a loophole that lets hedge-fund managers count their income as capital gains and pay a 15 percent marginal tax rate, the tax treatment of private jets, oil and gas subsidies, and a limit on itemized deductions for the wealthy.

It's almost not worth going into the details on those particular tax changes because the Republican position has held that the details don't matter: well-designed tax increases won't be looked at any more favorably than poorly designed tax increases. The point, Republicans say, is that there can't be any tax increases, full stop.

Is there any doubt now where the loyalties of the GOP lie?

No tax increases, whats the problem?

If all you assholes that believe so much in tax increases, why don't all you clowns get together and give the all knowing gubmnet more of your own money?....... :eusa_whistle:

Yes let's tax the middle class that pays 25% more and let the rich who pay 17% get another tax cut. That's worked out real well for us so far, don't you think?

Where was Ezra Klein when the demonRats fled across the borders in Wisconsin?

Seriously? The first reply and already you're trying to deflect and derail the thread?

It's all they have. All they know how to do. Democrats in Wisconsin were protecting the rights of workers. Republicans want to crush those workers.

But I suspect Big Business will be calling in their minions. They don't want to see the world economy collapse when they are making money hand over fist. But will those minions listen? That's the question.

Refute me... don't just rhetoric me to death... Prove your position....

You can't... that's your sides' Whole fucking problem. Most of you are a huge bunch of idiots. The rest of you are the people I despise... the "Profit before anything else" people. I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that you are one of the former.

You poor indoctrianted, naive fool, make no mistake about it, unions make profits. Unlike corporations though, unions give their profits to goons and moonbats like Obama......

We get it, neither part wants to fix the problem

That's not what I got from reading this. It seems that there is a lot of common ground between the two parties on where cuts can happen. That's actually a good sign. The problem seems to be with the GOP continuing to protect the uber-wealthy, even while screaming about needing to reduce the deficit. If we are to have shared sacrifice, and the social programs being cut mainly affect the poor and middle class, then where is the sacrifice from the wealthy?

The wealthy cannot be a part of this equation or they'll take their jobs overseas. Oh crap, I think they already did that.

Wonkbook: The debt-ceiling deal so far - Ezra Klein - The Washington Post

Is there any doubt now where the loyalties of the GOP lie?

No tax increases, whats the problem?

If all you assholes that believe so much in tax increases, why don't all you clowns get together and give the all knowing gubmnet more of your own money?....... :eusa_whistle:

Yes let's tax the middle class that pays 25% more and let the rich who pay 17% get another tax cut. That's worked out real well for us so far, don't you think?

I am the middle class and i don't want a tax increase, i want Washington fat cats to tighten their belts and cut spending.

If I make $100K a year and am taxed 20% and you make $10K a year and are taxed 50%, I pay $20,000 and you pay $5,000 for a total of $25,000 in a total taxes. But, oh my God! I pay 80% of the tax burden!! Clearly I need a tax cut! I am over taxed!!

5,000 is a fucking lot to someone who makes 10K...

Don't be fucking stupid....

what are corporations if they aren't "people" are they dogs, cats, kittens, mittens, salami?? what are they?

Being made of people is not the same as being a person. Is a city a person? Is a state a person? Is Soylent Green a person?

Honestly.

So in your fucked up little pea brain when you hate on corporations and punish them it does nothing to affect persons or people. it only harms kittens.. we got it..

Last edited:

Don't be fucking stupid....

He is fucking stupid. He can't help himself. :lol:

Hey, the guy making $10K could pay 25% tax then. It actually makes my example even more glaring as he would pay $2,500 and the other guy's burden would be 89%. In that case, would you still think the $100K guy needs a tax cut?

We get it, neither part wants to fix the problem

That's not what I got from reading this. It seems that there is a lot of common ground between the two parties on where cuts can happen. That's actually a good sign. The problem seems to be with the GOP continuing to protect the uber-wealthy, even while screaming about needing to reduce the deficit. If we are to have shared sacrifice, and the social programs being cut mainly affect the poor and middle class, then where is the sacrifice from the wealthy?

The wealthy cannot be a part of this equation or they'll take their jobs overseas. Oh crap, I think they already did that.

Would you rather see Boeing in South Carolina or South China? Which?

I am the middle class and i don't want a tax increase, i want Washington fat cats to tighten their belts and cut spending.

You do realize we can't cut discretionary spending enough to balance the budget. You know this right?

We can, but we won't.

You do realize we can't tax and spend our way to a thriving economy right? Please pass that on to Mr. Obama, thanks......

How about the fat cats in the corporate and banking world? I guess you are OK with them outsourcing jobs for as little as $.28/hour, I guess you are Ok with them hoarding Trillions of dollars in Tax Haven Countries.

You are just one of the Faithful who actually believe our problems are because of things like SS, Medicare... and GOD FORBID... the Measly $22B that gets spread across 50 states for welfare.... oh yeah... let's not forget.... the $320 Million that goes to Family Planning(that is only 1/3 of their revenues) that your side JUST KNOWS pays for abortions(Which only makes up 3% of their expenditures).

Baaahhh...

Forum List

Back