The GOP Walked Out Over This??

Who is really shocked. The GOP knows where their dollars come from. Look at Rove's cash that he has pooled to unseat Obama. The Supreme Court has given the fat cats a blank check. This is all a political exercise for the repubs. They are in it to unseat Obama, even if the US economy has to come down with him.

The unions already had a blank check, i thought you moonbats liked things to be fair?......:eusa_whistle:

WTF? Yeah... right. Once again.... blame everything on 7% of the workforce.... it's all their fault that there are no jobs. Not the fuckers with $2T+ that they are sitting on and God knows how many Trillions they sent out of the country that will never come back so they can get slave labor.

Sheep.

But Democrats insisted that $400 billion -- so, 17 percent -- of the package be tax increases. And that's when Republicans walked.
This is the part that really amazes me. Cantor could have said "Look, lets just drop the $400B and agree on everything else. The GOP will vote for that and we all look good." He could have gotten all cuts, just like he promised.

But nope, he walked out. I mean, that's just dumb politically!

We get it, neither part wants to fix the problem

That's not what I got from reading this. It seems that there is a lot of common ground between the two parties on where cuts can happen. That's actually a good sign. The problem seems to be with the GOP continuing to protect the uber-wealthy, even while screaming about needing to reduce the deficit. If we are to have shared sacrifice, and the social programs being cut mainly affect the poor and middle class, then where is the sacrifice from the wealthy?

What per cent of the tax burden is paid by the wealthy?

Who is really shocked. The GOP knows where their dollars come from. Look at Rove's cash that he has pooled to unseat Obama. The Supreme Court has given the fat cats a blank check. This is all a political exercise for the repubs. They are in it to unseat Obama, even if the US economy has to come down with him.

The unions already had a blank check, i thought you moonbats liked things to be fair?......:eusa_whistle:

WTF? Yeah... right. Once again.... blame everything on 7% of the workforce.... it's all their fault that there are no jobs. Not the fuckers with $2T+ that they are sitting on and God knows how many Trillions they sent out of the country that will never come back so they can get slave labor.

Sheep.

Here's a thought, how about unions lowering the union dues of the working guy instead of giving all to clowns like Obama? Baaa baaaa baaaa motherfucker......

It's almost not worth going into the details on those particular tax changes because the Republican position has held that the details don't matter: well-designed tax increases won't be looked at any more favorably than poorly designed tax increases. The point, Republicans say, is that there can't be any tax increases, full stop.

All too often the Democrats play bait and switch on the tax issue. First agree to this, then agree to that. You give up on your principle, and then you have nothing left.

It's almost not worth going into the details on those particular tax changes because the Republican position has held that the details don't matter: well-designed tax increases won't be looked at any more favorably than poorly designed tax increases. The point, Republicans say, is that there can't be any tax increases, full stop.

All too often the Democrats play bait and switch on the tax issue. First agree to this, then agree to that. You give up on your principle, and then you have nothing left.

Yep, but i'm afraid principles waved bye bye to these cats a long time ago.......

And they pass a new tax break for NASCAR track owners.

I know, they should be taxed double so they end up shutting down, creating more unemployment that the democrats can blame on obstructionist republicans......

NASCAR receives $7 million a year in Pentagon funding for sponsorships and guess which party was against this funding?

Hint: It wasn't the Dems.

The GOP hates free markets and fiscal conservatism. They love to parade around as champions of it, but in the end, they pick the winners and losers all while bloating the government and expanding our debt.

Last edited:
Wonkbook: The debt-ceiling deal so far - Ezra Klein - The Washington Post

A bit more information has trickled out over the last few days detailing the exact state of the budget negotiations when they collapsed. Both sides, as they often said, were shooting for about $2.4 trillion in deficit reduction over 10 years. They'd already agreed on around $1 trillion in spending cuts and were making good progress on the rest of it. But Democrats insisted that $400 billion -- so, 17 percent -- of the package be tax increases. And that's when Republicans walked.

Specifically, the Obama administration was looking at a rule that lets businesses value their inventory at less than they bought it for in order to lower their tax burden, a loophole that lets hedge-fund managers count their income as capital gains and pay a 15 percent marginal tax rate, the tax treatment of private jets, oil and gas subsidies, and a limit on itemized deductions for the wealthy.

Is there any doubt now where the loyalties of the GOP lie?

This reminds me of a true story I was told several years ago when I attended a corporate workshop/teambuilding event.

A woman told me about how excited she had been to transfer to a particular high profile dept where the management employees engaged in making deals all around the world for our telecommunications company.

She was excited because these people were supposed to be the best and the brightest the company had. They were people with advanced degrees who also spoke multiple languages. She said that she was SO looking forward to all the things she would learn from people whose abilities she was sure were head and shoulders above other depts.

She ended up being VERY disappointed.

It seems that these people were vain, and petty, and were only interested in making and closing deals, regardless of how good or bad those deals were for the company. In fact, many of the deals weren't good deals at all.

I could probably go into more detail, but it's not really that important to the story.

Most people would like to believe that our representatives in DC would put the collective interests of the American people first and foremost -- especially in tough times. Guess again. Many of these representatives are vain and petty just like the management reps of that fortune 500 company. Good versus bad and right versus wrong don't matter as much to many of our representatives as we would like to believe. To them, it's about winning versus losing, regardless of whether what you end up winning is anything other than denying the opposition any kind of victory. Then, of course, many of these representatives aren't working for the betterment of America, or Americans in general. They're trying to please a very small segment of their campaign donors or their perceived political base of followers who scream at even the hint of compromise.

God help America! I say that because I just have no faith that our elected representatives are collectively prepared and/or willing and able to place the interests of average Americans above their desire to satisfy their own egos through petty partisan bickering. If these representatives were fire fighters, they would never make it to your home in time to put out a fire because they would be arguing about what was they best route to get there.

They're pathetic.

And they pass a new tax break for NASCAR track owners.

I know, they should be taxed double so they end up shutting down, creating more unemployment that the democrats can blame on obstructionist republicans......

NASCAR receives $7 million a year in Pentagon funding for sponsorships and guess which party was against this funding?

Hint: It wasn't the Dems.

The GOP hates free markets and fiscal conservatism. They love to parade around as champions of it, but in the end, they pick the winners and losers all while bloating the government and expanding our debt.

I think you just contradicted your own point friend......

Not at all. Perhaps you want to try again.

I may be wrong here, but i'll try, you stated in a roundabout way that repubs were against giving the 7 million in funding but said repubs are not really fiscally conservative. Wouldn't voting against 7 million in spending be considered a fiscally conservative move?....

Sheep.

Here's a thought, how about unions lowering the union dues of the working guy instead of giving all to clowns like Obama? Baaa baaaa baaaa motherfucker......

Baaaa, Baaaa? How much do you think I pay in union dues? I am a member of AFSCME. Take a guess motherfucker? BTW... Union dues do not go to a Union's PAC.... that is a special(and Voluntary) fund.... in AFSCME, it's called "VIP". Our Actual Union dues are for protecting our benefits.

That's the problem with you ignorant son of a bitches.... you don't have a clue about much of anything that FOX doesn't tell you.

Not at all. Perhaps you want to try again.

I may be wrong here, but i'll try, you stated in a roundabout way that repubs were against giving the 7 million in funding but said repubs are not really fiscally conservative. Wouldn't voting against 7 million in spending be considered a fiscally conservative move?....

Sorry, my bad. It was the GOP that was for this funding. Dems wanted to defund NASCAR sponsorship by the Pentagon.

My mistake. You were right. I did contradict myself.

Forum List

Back