The GOP Plan Is the Biggest Tax Increase in American History, By Far

The tax bill moving its way through Congress is routinely referred to as a $1.5 trillion tax cut. And, in some ways, that’s true: on net, it would reduce the amount of taxes collected by the federal treasury by about $1.5 trillion over 10 years.

But that figure masks the eye-popping scale and audacity of the GOP’s rushed restructuring of the economy. Most immediately, the plan will take a large chunk out of state and local revenue that isn’t factored into that total. But more broadly, the bill cuts taxes by a full $6 trillion over a decade.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said Friday afternoon Senate Republicans have the votes to pass the plan, which gets referred to as only a $1.5 trillion cut because it raises $4.5 trillion in taxes elsewhere. But the key question is who gets a tax hike and who gets a tax cut. Put simply, the bulk of the tax cut is going toward the rich, while the tax increases go to everybody else.

And so the bill, properly described, is two things: the largest tax cut — and also the biggest tax increase — in American history.

Well, this fucking sucks! This is no tax cut unless you're in the top 5% of our society. This is fucked up.

Trump supporteres would vote to reenact the Jonestown mass suicide, if they thought that it would piss off the democrats.

It's not required, Democrats, at least on the USMB are generally in a constant state of pissed off and desperate..

They need to cut back on the fake news but they're just too addicted and weak.

The Congressional Budget Office is now producing "fake news"? Damn! I thought that Congress was controlled by the GOP! Must be that "Deep State" that I keep hearing about!

GOP tax cut plan would add $1.7 trillion to the deficit, CBO projects

The tax bill moving its way through Congress is routinely referred to as a $1.5 trillion tax cut. And, in some ways, that’s true: on net, it would reduce the amount of taxes collected by the federal treasury by about $1.5 trillion over 10 years.

But that figure masks the eye-popping scale and audacity of the GOP’s rushed restructuring of the economy. Most immediately, the plan will take a large chunk out of state and local revenue that isn’t factored into that total. But more broadly, the bill cuts taxes by a full $6 trillion over a decade.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said Friday afternoon Senate Republicans have the votes to pass the plan, which gets referred to as only a $1.5 trillion cut because it raises $4.5 trillion in taxes elsewhere. But the key question is who gets a tax hike and who gets a tax cut. Put simply, the bulk of the tax cut is going toward the rich, while the tax increases go to everybody else.

And so the bill, properly described, is two things: the largest tax cut — and also the biggest tax increase — in American history.

Well, this fucking sucks! This is no tax cut unless you're in the top 5% of our society. This is fucked up.

Trump supporteres would vote to reenact the Jonestown mass suicide, if they thought that it would piss off the democrats.

It's not required, Democrats, at least on the USMB are generally in a constant state of pissed off and desperate..

The Congressional Budget Office is now producing "fake news"? Damn! I thought that Congress was controlled by the GOP! Must be that "Deep State" that I keep hearing about!

They're history on forecasting the future kinda sucks, did they predict Obama/Democrats would double the national debt and ruin the economy for working Americans and small business .. etc.?

If it is only 1.7 trillion added to the national debt over the next 10 years it would be a miracle by comparison but Democrats sitting on their asses whining will be remembered as the economy continues to expand..

Dems. hate cutting government dependence spending, payoffs to their special interests and pet projects. Now add the desperation to keep the status quo and reject tax reductions at all income levels.. y'all are screwed and obviously out of a touch on reality, Trump hate .. :lol:

The gop and its dumb base makes fake news from out of their ass!!!! A bunch of deluted stupid fuckers that are so fucked in the head that they don't live in reality.

The gop and its dumb base makes fake news from out of their ass!!!! A bunch of deluted stupid fuckers that are so fucked in the head that they don't live in reality.

When you're introduced to reality, try again..:wink_2:

If they double the standard deduction it will zero out my taxes. I'd call that a tax cut and I am in no way rich.

If they double the standard deduction it will zero out my taxes. I'd call that a tax cut and I am in no way rich.

Democrats reject you and all people like you in lockstep.. but. "they say" they do care... :dunno:

I used to be a republican, so I am asking you to please, believe me! If you will simply send your money to VH2017GetRich, I promise that somebody's taxes will decrease dramatically!

I used to be a republican, so I am asking you to please, believe me! If you will simply send your money to VH2017GetRich, I promise that somebody's taxes will decrease dramatically!

A Democrat with a sense of humor.. that's cool..

The top 50% pay 97% of the taxes, who should get a cut or should I ask who can get a cut? Or are you proposing turning the tax code into even a larger welfare program than it already is?

Enjoy your tax cut, suckers! The millionaires and billionaires Who passed it are just DYING to give you a break! They just live for the opportunity to give you more of the money that otherwise would come to them!

Reality is that IF our economy picks up, which they fully believe it will, then none of these D predictions RE "increase taxes over the next 10 years" will come true. The D's are selling a guess just as much as the R's are here. Both sides think it's the best thing to do, both sides might be right, and we won't know which it was until 2025.

I find it interesting that the D's vote for Obama "Hope and Change" and the R's flip out, the R's vote for Trump "Hope and Change" and the D's flip out. And it seems like neither side sees that the other side is doing the same thing they did - voting for hope and change for a better America.

You may believe you know science but your complete shit on history.

In 1944-45, “the most progressive tax years in U.S. history,” the 94% rate applied to any income above $200,000 ($2.4 million in 2009 dollars, given inflation). In World War Two, tax law revisions increased the numbers of “those paying some income taxes” from 7% of the U.S. population (1940) to 64% by 1944

Then liberals and democrats (but I repeat myself) should love it. They always say we need higher taxes and that if you don't want higher taxes, you're selfish.

Then liberals and democrats (but I repeat myself) should love it. They always say we need higher taxes and that if you don't want higher taxes, you're selfish.

I missed out on being a hippie in the 1960's, because I was going to college at night and working during the day, so I did not have the experience of living in an alternative universe fueled by magic mushrooms, and LSD. However, I am having that opportunity to experience an alternative universe now, by way of the republican economic policy. What to do when the country is running a $666 budget deficit for 2017? Why, decrease taxes, of course! What to do about the shrinking middle class on fixed income? Why, reduce Medicare and Social Security, naturally! Need to create new jobs? Give corporations 100% deductibles for buying robots! There is a threat that a guy in Iraq will float his Nissan pickup truck across the Atlantic and plant a homemade bomb under the pavement at Times Square? Then, spend more than the next 7 nations combined on military, and support over 200 military bases combined on foreign soil! What this country needs is to add a trillion dollars to the deficit over the next 10 years with a tax cut for individuals and corporations, and then eliminate those individual tax breaks in 10 years, while making the corporate reductions permanent! WHAT? You complain that the individuals will end up paying for corporate tax breaks? Obviously, you do not understand voodoo economics!

Grassley explains why people don’t invest: ‘Booze or women or movies’

Last edited:

I missed out on being a hippie in the 1960's, because I was going to college at night and working during the day, so I did not have the experience of living in an alternative universe fueled by magic mushrooms, and LSD. However, I am having that opportunity to experience an alternative universe now, by way of the republican economic policy. What to do when the country is running a $666 budget deficit for 2017? Why, decrease taxes, of course! What to do about the shrinking middle class on fixed income? Why, reduce Medicare and Social Security, naturally! Need to create new jobs? Give corporations 100% deductibles for buying robots! There is a threat that a guy in Iraq will float his Nissan pickup truck across the Atlantic and plant a homemade bomb under the pavement at Times Square? Then, spend more than the next 7 nations combined on military, and support over 200 military bases combined on foreign soil! What this country needs is to add a trillion dollars to the deficit over the next 10 years with a tax cut for individuals and corporations, and then eliminate those individual tax breaks in 10 years, while making the corporate reductions permanent! WHAT? You complain that the individuals will end up paying for corporate tax breaks? Obviously, you do not understand voodoo economics!

Hey, we were just being educated that the bill is a tax increase. Liberals are supposed to like that, based on the way they react when a tax cut is even mentioned.

Great post......Grassley is a fucking idiot who should be relegated to a nursing home for the deranged......(as he will soon be....)

This tax SCAM is opposed by more than half of the population, and is being rammed through STRICTLY for political reasons with the pending 2018 midterms.

ALWAYS ask yourself these 2 questions:

1. Why is this tax scam to be enacted AFTER the midterms........?
  2. Why are corporate tax cuts PERMANENT while middle class tax cuts TEMPORARY?

Great post......Grassley is a fucking idiot who should be relegated to a nursing home for the deranged......(as he will soon be....)

This tax SCAM is opposed by more than half of the population, and is being rammed through STRICTLY for political reasons with the pending 2018 midterms.

ALWAYS ask yourself these 2 questions:

1. Why is this tax scam to be enacted AFTER the midterms........?
  2. Why are corporate tax cuts PERMANENT while middle class tax cuts TEMPORARY?

Opposed by half the population....you mean the half that don't pay any taxes.

Fake news...

Forum List

Back