The GOP Path to Prosperity — 6 TRILLION in Budget Cuts

What NYC fails to grok is that Medicare is destroying itself via unlimited demand unchecked by individual responsibility.

Taxes would need to be increased by nearly 90% in order to cover projected benefits - and as we have seen so dramatically in public education, increased spending does not equate with improved results.

The Ryan Plan would enable seniors to purchase an insurance plan of their choice based upon their own needs. But somehow, the Left is terrified of millions of individuals making their own decisions instead of being under the control of a few DC "experts".

and Medicaid is even worse shape ( and of course obamacare leaves a larger slice of that for the states to fund on their own, block grants ala Ryan noooo way jose..)..... anyway the DEMOCRATIC Governor, Andrew Cuomo of the great State of NY, wait till dear Andrew shoves that 2% cut and baseline retraction down their strep throats effecting all medicaid funding for hospitals, nursing homes, health care provider etc. etc. etc...

and none of what they said other than in the constitution and its amendments is enforceable law.

did the founders get it right when they said blacks were 3/5 of a person?

when they allowed only landed gentry to vote?

when they denied women the vote?

when they didn't outlaw slavery?

the "founders" may have been correct 200 plus years ago. their musings aren't binding on us now.

idiot.

as for 3/5 a person, that was to protect congress from having a majority of southern representatives. it wasn't 3/5 a person it was 3/5 of a vote, the reasoning was because if the slaves in the south had full voting rights then their owners would force them to vote in the way the owners demanded, and thus congress would have a majority of pro-slave representatives. This would have been bad, so they tricked the south into this compromise to keep out pro-slave representatives out of the majority. This is basic history. The 3/5 clause was a great idea as it allowed for the eventual emancipation.

Also, I want to discuss the present time, all of the issues that you seem to have a problem with have been rectified with amendments and laws to protect the amendments over time.

My question is, what problem with the founders do you still have that relate tot he present time?

That's incorrect. 3/5 was because representatives to the constitutional congress who were from free states didn't want enslaved people counted at all for purposes of allocating the number of representatives per State. Representatives from slave states wanted the slaves to be counted for purposes of allocating representatives. it certainly wasn't 3/5 of a vote because SLAVES COULDN'T VOTE.

Constitutional construction isn't only about amendments and laws. It is about CONSTRUCTION of the words. For example, what is due process as it is set forth in the Constitution? Answer: It is what the Court has said it is over more than 200 years of caselaw and varies with the right which is at risk.

If you really want to learn the constitution, learn that. The constitution isn't some fundie's bible with only one possible meaning per word.

Start here: FindLaw | Cases and Codes

because if you don't know what the process is, you know very little.

it was 3/5's for the purpose of representative enumeration vs. taxes etc. and it started out in the Art. of Confed. too before being settled Jillian and you are not saying a lot else that needs to be said, but anyway.

This is a ts a digression. the court inho ruled correctly.

And as I alluded, you don't get to decide when you want stare decisis to be honored, unless you want to open yourself up to charges of hypocrisy, its best just to leave it alone.

I agree that we should cut back on defense spending - but there is a difference between the government's purchase of legitimate goods and services and funneling taxpayer dollars into failing companies facing bankruptcy.

When was Post Office bailed out?

Can the Postal Service be Saved? - CBS News
This is just a recent example....
They lost 3.8 billion last year.....so tell me how a non subsidized bussiness could operate with loses like that?

people who in the bag for unions love the USPS because it is all union. Closed shop. As far as protecting incompetent lazy workers the USPS takes the cake. The USPS also has perhaps double the number of employees it actually needs. One of the main reasons why the USPS bleeds money is because of absurdly high labor costs. And of course the pensions and benefits for retirees.
Self funded..My ass. As far as I am concerned the USPS should be blown up and started all over again. First thing..Get rid of the union, get rid of the pension and benefits. Pay these people for production and pay them based on the skill level required to do the job. Make the clerks who serve the public place the CUSTOMER before themselves.
Too often I have been to the PO with a line out the door. Without so much as a blink of an eye one of the clerks walks off to take their fucking union coffee break.
I watched a guy nearly snap when one time he had been waiting 30 minutes when it was time for coffee. He was yelling loud enough to rouse the post master out of her office to see what the commotion was about. Of course, the Post Master was powerless to get the idiot clerk back to the counter until the line was gone.
This is one issue people have with government worker customer service. It always seems that at the busiest times, there is a coffee break. A break mandated by stupid union rules. We're sick of shitty customer service and customer service workers with bad attitudes.

If tax cuts worked, then the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut (with more than 52% going to the top 1%) from Bush plus the extension, there would be 0 unemployment. Factor in the hundreds of billions in tax cuts from the Obama stimulus package and our economy should be exploding.

Only the wealthy don't create jobs. "Supply and demand" creates jobs.

Republicans are equally successful in all their policies. Whether it's cleaning up after Katrina, getting Bin Laden, the Iraq fiasco, the economy. You have to admit, Republicans are "consistent".

If tax cuts worked, then the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut (with more than 52% going to the top 1%) from Bush plus the extension, there would be 0 unemployment. Factor in the hundreds of billions in tax cuts from the Obama stimulus package and our economy should be exploding.

Only the wealthy don't create jobs. "Supply and demand" creates jobs.

Republicans are equally successful in all their policies. Whether it's cleaning up after Katrina, getting Bin Laden, the Iraq fiasco, the economy. You have to admit, Republicans are "consistent".
False dichotomy that ignores everything else done in the meantime to decrease revenue.

Conservatism is economic enslavement by the money interests. Do you think further privatizing healthcare where private for-profit interests have already inflated the cost of healthcare to all but intolerable levels is a formula for economic freedom? Do you think taking the oppressive cost of a grossly bloated defense budget off the table is a asset to economic freedom?
While progressive liberalism is enslavement to the federal government.
Do you think the government can do anything better than a private business?

Yes, of course I do.

Government can govern better than businesses.

The business of business isn't to govern, it's to generate profits for its owners.

Seriously...you didn't know this?
Then why would you want the government operating businesses like rail, mail, health care, tv/radio?
We know that anything they manage operates at a loss.
Who wants to deliberately flush their money away?
:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back