The GOP didn't win on tax cuts

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
obama is going to come out on top for this....

the gop screwed up by not agreeing to tax cuts for those over a million

you watch...obama's compromise will win him over with americans....now he can let the pubs hang themselves, calling themselves victors for "winning" this and "causing" obama to capitulate....just for keeping taxes lower for those making over $1 million dollars....i know the 250 was floated...but then it went up to a million....

in one year or less, pubs will regret this

you watch...obama's compromise will win him over with americans....now he can let the pubs hang themselves, calling themselves victors for "winning" this and "causing" obama to capitulate....just for keeping taxes lower for those making over $1 million dollars....i know the 250 was floated...but then it went up to a million....

However? We still have the fight over ObamaCare which is a large TAX in of itself.

Who says that the parts going into effect have to be funded?

Or any other programs have to be funded in the budget?

This isn't over by a long shot. Lots of work to do.

The Republicans got Obama to fold inspite of being the minority party. Obama held the key cards and still gave in to everything the Republicans wanted

Republican temper tantrum worked

However? We still have the fight over ObamaCare which is a large TAX in of itself.

i didn't mean to imply its all over....just this one issue is not the victory many pubs are claiming....

obamacare is atrocious and needs to be repealed....IMO, we need to expand and FIX medicare, we don't need another government run h/c that is totally seperate

i really don't see the justification for pubs holding strong against not letting tax cuts go for those making over a million....

The Republicans got Obama to fold inspite of being the minority party. Obama held the key cards and still gave in to everything the Republicans wanted

Republican temper tantrum worked

not at all....

obama knows that allowing most of the tax cuts to expire were bad...most economists have said this....this way...he is seen as the great compromiser and can now hold the gop up as the solely the party of the rich....which he has done all day....

this might backfire for obama (but still hold well for most americans) is that the gop agreed to UB for another year, thus, you can't really say the gop is solely about the wealthy....however, them not agreeing to the expiration for those making over a million does not look good

and why is obama not saying the dems are holding UB and the american people hostage when the dems won't agree to his compromise....but he is quick to say the gop are essentially terrorists?

The fact remains that we will borrow from the Chinese to pay tax cuts to billionaires
Who will probably just move more jobs overseas

The wealthy won, the rest of us lost

Regrets seem to all that many repubs have had for the last decade or so.

i know you want so badly for people to see you as independent and not beholden to one party....

but the above is your undoing....BOTH parties should have regrets

The fact remains that we will borrow from the Chinese to pay tax cuts to billionaires
Who will probably just move more jobs overseas

The wealthy won, the rest of us lost

i can't see it any other way...i have no idea why the gop did this....punch drunk love?

i didn't mean to imply its all over....just this one issue is not the victory many pubs are claiming....

obamacare is atrocious and needs to be repealed....IMO, we need to expand and FIX medicare, we don't need another government run h/c that is totally seperate

i really don't see the justification for pubs holding strong against not letting tax cuts go for those making over a million....

In other words the GOP bought a small stake into the Class Warfare scheme?

Which buying into is crap and a large reason why the Statists have been winning.

I think that depends very much on how well the economy does over the next year or so. If it recovers, and the GOP can claim jobs were created because of the extension, they'll do ok. Both parties will lie their asses off about it.

I think that depends very much on how well the economy does over the next year or so. If it recovers, and the GOP can claim jobs were created because of the extension, they'll do ok. Both parties will lie their asses off about it.

It's all about re-election numbers...only about the country when the people scream loud enough for them to hear...until deafness has a relapse.

Who gives a shit which party comes out on top?

If both parties disappeared tomorrow I would still be an American living in America. THAT matters.

The parties are just a cancer eating the nation alive.

Do you morn the loss of the cancer when you survive the disease?

In other words the GOP bought a small stake into the Class Warfare scheme?

The GOP has owned a 50% stake in the class warfare meme since it was invented. Why else would they make the central tenet of their election campaign the expiration of a tax on millionaires and billionaires?

and obama will claim its because of the UB extension...

obama has in his pocket now...the gop would not negotiate even when i or the dems raised the tax bracket to a million dollars.....

that is a huge campaign slogan....ok....i wanted to cut taxes for those making over a million, but....i knew americans were hurting, so i compromised to save millions of americans on UB

Forum List

Back