The Goodenough Battery Will End the Internal Combustion Automobile

Ford is focusing on trucks and SUVs -- what AMERICANS want

You mean what Detroit wants us to want.

Member all those public demonstrations around the 1990s where the public demanded the right to buy bulbous inverted bathtubs with absurd centres of gravity that would handle like a drunk walrus?

I don't either. Yet there they came, didn't they.

As for these silly-ass monster trucks capable of towing an asteroid.... sometimes if I'm on an all-day drive I'll count up the pickup trucks I see tallying which ones have any payload in them. In an efficient world such a truck would be loaded all the time, bringing something from point A to point B and then something else from point B back to point A. That's not realistic but we should expect a minimum of 50% of trucks loaded with something, assuming the other 50% are returning from or going to their cargo. Because absent that, what's the point of being a truck?

But in the real world when I actually count the beds that are visible it counts out to 80 to 90% empty. Nothing in there at all.

What they're selling is not "trucks". What they're selling is "illusions".

Nope. Americans want TRUCKS and SUVs.

Godvernment wants you driving little 2 seater Euro cars

Again --- Detroit plants that seed, not "Americans". They do that because it puts more money in their own pockets. Screw the consumer, screw the fuel efficiency, screw traffic safety, all they want is Profit.

Again, the entire function of advertising is to persuade us to buy shit we don't need. Things we actually DO need, don't have to be persuaded. That's what makes the truck ad necessary. If you actually needed a truck ----- you'd go out and find one, they're not a secret.

Meanwhile that "little 2 seater Euro car" will literally run rings around that Tootall Tonka truck with one piston tied behind its back, and that makes it a FAR safer and funner ride. And it'll sip a ton less fuel doing it.

My daily driver is neither "Euro" nor a 2-seater but I guarantee you if I go start it up right now it will show at least 45 mpg on the current tank. Even my actual Euro car (a MINI) will hand me 38 to 40 driving it hard on a spirited run.

Government doesn't give a shit what you drive. You don't drive the Government around.

not much safer than a 1 ton truck,,,

1 ton truck?

Hell, my little Saturn station wagon weighed more than that, and it was made out of fiberglas.

Member all those public demonstrations around the 1990s where the public demanded the right to buy bulbous inverted bathtubs with absurd centres of gravity that would handle like a drunk walrus?

As for these silly-ass monster trucks capable of towing an asteroid.... sometimes if I'm on an all-day drive I'll count up the pickup trucks I see tallying which ones have any payload in them. In an efficient world such a truck would be loaded all the time, bringing something from point A to point B and then something else from point B back to point A. That's not realistic but we should expect a minimum of 50% of trucks loaded with something, assuming the other 50% are returning from or going to their cargo. Because absent that, what's the point of being a truck?

But in the real world when I actually count the beds that are visible it counts out to 80 to 90% empty. Nothing in there at all.

Again --- Detroit plants that seed, not "Americans". They do that because it puts more money in their own pockets. Screw the consumer, screw the fuel efficiency, screw traffic safety, all they want is Profit.

Again, the entire function of advertising is to persuade us to buy shit we don't need. Things we actually DO need, don't have to be persuaded. That's what makes the truck ad necessary. If you actually needed a truck ----- you'd go out and find one, they're not a secret.

Meanwhile that "little 2 seater Euro car" will literally run rings around that Tootall Tonka truck with one piston tied behind its back, and that makes it a FAR safer and funner ride. And it'll sip a ton less fuel doing it.

My daily driver is neither "Euro" nor a 2-seater but I guarantee you if I go start it up right now it will show at least 45 mpg on the current tank. Even my actual Euro car (a MINI) will hand me 38 to 40 driving it hard on a spirited run.

Government doesn't give a shit what you drive. You don't drive the Government around.

1 ton truck?

Hell, my little Saturn station wagon weighed more than that, and it was made out of fiberglas.

sorry,,,an american 1 ton truck,,,,

upload_2019-11-19_20-25-20.jpeg

1 ton truck?

View attachment 290739

Whatever that monstrosity is, I GUARANTEE you it weighs way more than a ton. My MINI Cooper weighs more than a ton.

My Da Bus Pass cost me $35.00 a year... Unlimited use... My carbon footprint is smaller than my tallywhacker now days... No insurance, no fuel of any kind, no parking hassles of any sorts... Been back in Hawaii almost 3 years now and have not missed owning a vehicle at all... I do understand that living on an island that measures right around 120 miles around the perimeter has its advantages...

Life is good...

ln05a_b.jpg

My Da Bus Pass cost me $35.00 a year... Unlimited use... My carbon footprint is smaller than my tallywhacker now days... No insurance, no fuel of any kind, no parking hassles of any sorts... Been back in Hawaii almost 3 years now and have not missed owning a vehicle at all... I do understand that living on an island that measures right around 120 miles around the perimeter has its advantages...

Life is good...

ln05a_b.jpg

You were BOTH born in November of 1904? Isn't that special.

Ford the company no longer making cars because they want japs doing it
Ford is focusing on trucks and SUVs -- what AMERICANS want

Detroit has nothing to do with Toyota honda and nissan cars that Americans are buying

1 ton truck?

View attachment 290739

Whatever that monstrosity is, I GUARANTEE you it weighs way more than a ton. My MINI Cooper weighs more than a ton.

sorry I didnt know you were an ignorant moron,,,

its rated to haul a ton ,,,not sure how they rate them in your country,,,

So, if that electric truck won't start, you don't need jump cables but an extension cord.

Very possibly. I don't know that vehicle at all, it's what came up when I searched around for something that would fit the description of a "one-ton truck". I don't know what it weighs but it should be close.

1 ton truck?

View attachment 290739

Yuh huh. And its curb weight is ----------?

You kind of need to know that for a vehicle you're going to be projecting onto the public streets. Because that directly influences what you can do with it --- and what you can't. Like, corner. Like, brake. I've successfully avoided a couple of these behemoths specifically because I was in a vehicle that could corner, and brake, and react in an instant without oozing over on its belly like a moving waterbed.

Why don't you regale us on the arcane circumstances under which you'd need to haul a TON? What happened, a meteor landed in your back yard?

This all goes back to the definition of advertising --- persuading people to buy shit they don't need. The key word there is NEED.

1 ton truck?

View attachment 290739

You kind of need to know that for a vehicle you're going to be projecting onto the public streets. Because that directly influences what you can do with it --- and what you can't. Like, corner. Like, brake.

Why don't you regale us on the arcane circumstances under which you'd need to haul a TON? What happened, a meteor landed in your back yard?

This all goes back to the definition of advertising --- persuading people to buy shit they don't need. The key word there is NEED.

well some of us that work for a living have a need to haul a ton of gravel,dirt,wood,steel,and many other things you ingrates need for your everyday life,,,
my 1 ton van is almost always loaded to 1/2 capacity in just tools let alone materials to do a job,,,at times I exceed that limit,,,

The video implies that truck to have its entrance in the US as for farming use.

But for farming best is trucks with big wheels or high space between the bottom of the vehicle and ground.

The truck from the video I think will hardly pass from the street to the sidewalk.

To me, that truck with that low bumper will hit the sidewalk instead.

I guess changes will be made to make fit that truck for the needs in rural areas.

1 ton truck?

View attachment 290739

You kind of need to know that for a vehicle you're going to be projecting onto the public streets. Because that directly influences what you can do with it --- and what you can't. Like, corner. Like, brake.

well some of us that work for a living have a need to haul a ton of gravel,dirt,wood,steel,and many other things you ingrates need for your everyday life,,,
my 1 ton van is almost always loaded to 1/2 capacity in just tools let alone materials to do a job,,,at times I exceed that limit,,,

That would mean you have a NEED for it. You should serve that need with what works.

Yahoos around here, and around the country, however, just wander out like zombies and obediently do what the TV god tells them. And they ain't hauling shit. There's a vast difference between acquiring something because the need came first, and acquiring something only because the TV tells you to. This all directs right back to the original proposition that trucks are "what Americans want". That's impossible. For that to happen all Americans would be hauling stuff around all the time.

The video implies that truck to have its entrance in the US as for farming use.

But for farming best is trucks with big wheels or high space between the bottom of the vehicle and ground.

The truck from the video I think will hardly pass from the street to the sidewalk.

To me, that truck with that low bumper will hit the sidewalk instead.

I guess changes will be made to make fit that truck for the needs in rural areas.

I saw it more as an urban delivery truck but yes good points.

I saw a tiny tiny little Daihatsu (I think) truck in Mississippi of all places, for sale, seemed to be around this size. It had right hand drive, pure Japanese. I was tempted just because it was so quirky. That was the only time I ever considered a truck. Personally, like most people, the number of times I actually need a truck (and I used to drive them) just don't make it practical to own all the time. For those times I just rent one.

View attachment 290739

That would mean you have a NEED for it. You should serve that need with what works.

Yahoos around here, and around the country, however, just wander out like zombies and obediently do what the TV god tells them. And they ain't hauling shit. There's a vast difference between acquiring something because the need came first, and acquiring something only because the TV tells you to. This all directs right back to the original proposition that trucks are "what Americans want". That's impossible. For that to happen all Americans would be hauling stuff around all the time.
if thats the case then no one needs a car at all,,,humans have survived eons without them,,,,

this is a free country so why does need matter anyway,,,

if thats the case then no one needs a car at all,,,humans have survived eons without them,,,,

"Need" is relative. If you've got large equipment you work with every day you need a way to transport them. If my town is 17 miles away I need a way to transport myself there. Those of course are two different needs served by two different solutions. I'm certainly not going to town in an empty truck. That would be inefficient. It would also puff up the coffers of the Detroit Megatruck EnormoCorp with no benefit to me whatsoever, so fuck 'em.

"Need" is relative. If you've got large equipment you work with every day you need a way to transport them. If my town is 17 miles away I need a way to transport myself there. Those of course are two different needs served by two different solutions. I'm certainly not going to town in an empty truck. That would be inefficient. It would also puff up the coffers of the Detroit Megatruck EnormoCorp with no benefit to me whatsoever, so fuck 'em.

"need" is a problem in your mind not mine, nor is my choice any of your business,,,,

Forum List

Back