The Golden Compass Points to Hell

cranston36

Apr 11, 2006
The cute, cuddly Panda Bear of the World Wildlife Federation is on the web site of the movie, 'The Golden Compass'. That movie, as you may know, and the books it is extracted from is fervently anti-Catholic with select attacks on every Christian branch with the exception of the Church of England, whose Archbishop of Canterbury Dr. Rowan Williams, supports it.
The book the movie was made from was written by an Englishman, you see, and many of the arguments in it support that particular Christian branch. The production company hails from New Zealand, where again, hatred of the Catholic Church and love the Church of England is strong.
The Archbishop was also hotly against the invasion of Iraq and luridly opposes the continued occupation of that country by the United States.
Says the Archbishop of Canterbury, "We are doing all we can to support the Iraqi people."
Recently in a British Muslim magazine the Archbishop of Canterbury called the United States the ‘worst’ imperialist.
He further stated, “We have only one global hegemonic power. It is not accumulating territory: it is trying to accumulate influence and control. That’s not working.”
He then started talking in glowing tones about the British travesties in India, “It is one thing to take over a territory and then pour energy and resources into administering it and normalising it. Rightly or wrongly, that’s what the British Empire did — in India, for example.”
He skipped the part about mass killings, deforestation, the destruction of the countryside, disease and starvation caused by the ignorant and heavy-handed occupation of India which lasted over 200 years.
The movie ’The Golden Compass’ echoes and brings to the modern movie screen centuries of ignorance and hatred. Many of the misguided morals and themes of the movie are the same as those which have pushed many animals to the brink of extinction. Just which way is World Wildlife Federation headed? Towards the light of civilized society or into the darkness of fear and dread? The movie presents half-baked science and twists philosophical ideas until they make no sense - ideas like conservation, love, fidelity and honor. I have no intention of giving any more money to that fund nor even supporting it in public unless they distance from that flickering obscenity of hate that is being circulated in movie theatres as 'entertainment'.
Though I am no religious extremist I will not truck with people whose minds are filled with hate for humanity and the natural world in which we live. Your organization is being exploited by the marketers of the movie who now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have a major problem on their hands.
The movie is being advertised as being in line with stories like Narnia or Middle Earth. It is really only a collection of wicked ideas which have led to burning witches, war and the dark ages in centuries and eons past.
Here is what the WWF claims to be doing : “By 2015 WWF will conserve 19 of the world's most important natural places and significantly change global forces to protect the future of nature.”
…protect the future of nature. How? By destroying the United States and attacking the pope with armored polar bears?

Perhaps it's because I'm a reader but I've been enjoying these little skirmishes between christian material and openly non-christian material. The Davinci Code, Harry Potter and now this? fun stuff.

My advice to people who don't like the content is to avoid it. Form your little boycotts if you want. We all know this may have a negative OR positive affect on sales. It really is only as big of a deal as it is made into. In fact, i'm getting some Chic tract deja vu here remembering the reaction to heavy metal and D&D in the 80s.

Let's let the christian make more movies from the Narnia series and let the non-christians enjoy their davinci codes and harry potters. To be honest, I read all the Narnia books as a child and never really made the christian connection. Sometimes a good book is just a good book.

Personally, I wish that, instead of bitching about what non-christians do, they would produce a movie trilogy based off of Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness series. Those are some great christian fiction.

ThisPresentDarknesscover.jpg

Perhaps it's because I'm a reader but I've been enjoying these little skirmishes between christian material and openly non-christian material. The Davinci Code, Harry Potter and now this? fun stuff.

My advice to people who don't like the content is to avoid it. Form your little boycotts if you want. We all know this may have a negative OR positive affect on sales. It really is only as big of a deal as it is made into. In fact, i'm getting some Chic tract deja vu here remembering the reaction to heavy metal and D&D in the 80s.

Let's let the christian make more movies from the Narnia series and let the non-christians enjoy their davinci codes and harry potters. To be honest, I read all the Narnia books as a child and never really made the christian connection. Sometimes a good book is just a good book.

Personally, I wish that, instead of bitching about what non-christians do, they would produce a movie trilogy based off of Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness series. Those are some great christian fiction.

ThisPresentDarknesscover.jpg

What is the most hilarious part of this is MOST people never see any such connections in almost any movie until some wingnut starts claiming it is there. So I would suggest if the intent of the movie was to sway people on those points, they fail miserably.

I suggest you read the book and then educate yourself a little about America's Christian heritage before you start calling people that have more information than you names.

In any case the movie is 'disappointing' in ticket sales.

It's a loser. They misjudged. The World Wildlife Federation will have to explain itself. You know that gun rights advocates now have an opening that is like a blessing from God. You see - the atheists don't want you to have guns to shoot animals for food. The atheists want to take the guns away from you. Apparently the atheists also want to buy your land and put it in 'reserve' for millions of years and keep human beings out of it.

Did you ever hear of Sister Stang and the work she did in Brazil? Well - a bunch of ranchers had her murdered for her good work. She was Catholic and her life and actions and deeds (which were heroic) are opposed by the film and the books referring to 'The Golden Compass'. There is a lot of money being used to attack these ideas and ideals - basic human decency, heroism, selflessness.

By the way - the movie was financed by the Royal Bank of Scotland which had some trouble in the United States when it tried to do a deal with Pat Robertson's church. He called Scotland 'a dark land filled with homosexuals'.

This movie is little more than propaganda for the Anglican Church - take a look at the board of directors of the Royal Bank of Scotland and get back to me.

Money is the root of all evil. It's ridiculous. Kids starving and war raging and the fat bellies spend money on evil fairy tales to make themselves feel better.

cranston, you seem a bit loony. No offense or anything.

Like I said, normal people do not see the nefarious conspiracy in these movies until someone explains in some great detail what the supposed meanings are.

What I got out of the movie was simple, Some organizations exist to exert THEIR beliefs of whats right and proper and acceptable on everyone even if by force and by hurting people to do it.

Sounds just like man, now doesn't it?

It says, "The Golden Compass Points to Hell. Imagine the United States in the same political turmoil as Lebanon."

If you play it on 45rpm then it says, "The Royal Bank of Scotland, fat with North Sea oil cash and Arabian investments (including fancy clothing stores in the desert) financed this movie. That is, the accumulation of oil wealth is being directed into the 'entertainment' industry to put into the movie houses films that are fueled by hatred and dishonesty. Most of the profit that the high gas prices we are paying appears to be going up noses in Scotland and Hollywood."

Want a toot?
Oh, look - an armored polar bear! Now, that's wild!

Like I said, normal people do not see the nefarious conspiracy in these movies until someone explains in some great detail what the supposed meanings are.

What I got out of the movie was simple, Some organizations exist to exert THEIR beliefs of whats right and proper and acceptable on everyone even if by force and by hurting people to do it.

Sounds just like man, now doesn't it?
Indeed it does. Religion in and of itself is harmless. It's man using it to his wants that is dangerous.

I also really wanna see this movie!

Indeed it does. Religion in and of itself is harmless. It's man using it to his wants that is dangerous.

I also really wanna see this movie!

Now that is exactly what I've tried unsuccessfully to get across for ages. Christianity is not evil, and Christians are not evil. But people can USE Christianity and Christians for evil purposes.....and that goes for many other religions/belief systems as well.

And Shogun...Christians do have supermovies. The Lord of the Rings trilogy has a very secure Christian foundation. And Narnia...which was very good and is supposed to run for all seven of the books.

The Golden compass is a movie, plain and simple. There are movies with killing and much more, so I don't really see the big deal with this one.

Now that is exactly what I've tried unsuccessfully to get across for ages. Christianity is not evil, and Christians are not evil. But people can USE Christianity and Christians for evil purposes.....and that goes for many other religions/belief systems as well.

And Shogun...Christians do have supermovies. The Lord of the Rings trilogy has a very secure Christian foundation. And Narnia...which was very good and is supposed to run for all seven of the books.

Illl give you the Narnia books. I read every one of em as a child and never realized the christian themes.

But, do you REALLY think that a story with a character like Gandalf who fights a Balrog demon has "a secure christian foundation"? I'd be very interested to hear how you come to that conclusion.

I'm not sure if I've asked you before but have you read any Frank Peretti?

If not, I highly recomend "This Present Darkness" and "Piercing the Darkness" as well as "The Visitiation". Reminds me of a christian stephen king really.

ps.. is this thread old enough for me to post some Helloween videos in? Maybe some D&D links? hehehehe.. I crack me up.

This movie is little more than propaganda for the Anglican Church - take a look at the board of directors of the Royal Bank of Scotland and get back to me.

That's a helluva lot of money to spend on propoganda for a church. My local Anglican Church can't afford to get the roof repaired. They must be livid.

Maybe it's because, in Britain, Anglicanism is referred to as C of E (Church of England). We all know the Scots don't like the English. That's it! The Bank of Scotland funded this film as a way to taunt the Church of England! I bet they funded that Mel Gibson film about William Wallace as well! The bastards!

Forum List

Back