The gift of self-hatred...from feminism to your daughter

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DOTR, May 16, 2017.

1. EverCurious

EverCurious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,223
    Back in the day a husband would pay alimony and/or child support. Somehow that deterrent from divorce went away (I'm not sure that was feminism though.) My first husband insisted on paying child support in addition to being there for the boys (I never needed it, but he insisted it was the "right thing to do" - not all men are assholes, good fathers/husbands will ensure their exes and children are taken care of even /after/ divorce.)

2. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,037
    And I do that by repeatedly- like 6 times- saying that if that is what both of partners in the couple want- that is okay?

I don't know of any 'feminist' who would try to convince these girls to leave your boys- unless your boys were mistreating them.

My daughter- as strong of a feminist as I know- certainly wouldn't. She would be baffled why your boys would settle for girls who you seem to acknowledge as being socially crippled- but she doesn't care what other couples do.

Most feminists don't.

As a father- and feminist myself- I don't accuse your boys of being bad men at all- if they want to pamper these girls fine- I pamper my daughter and wife all the time- but if they hate all feminists then I think that they are ignorant and misguided- and just stupid- to hate my daughter because she happens to believe in equality for women.

3. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,231
    Infuriating that single mothers are punished for being responsible and caring for their children while dead beat dads are called "sowing their wild oats".

And yeah, I can't imagine how that is the fault of equality between men and women.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

4. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,037
    LOL- assholes have been abandoning their families long before divorce and child support were 'easy'- read stories from the Depression- thousands of men abandoned their families.

Good men- and good women- don't abandon their families- but a man or a woman who depends on someone else entirely for their support will be in bad shape when the non-good people abandon them.

5. EverCurious

EverCurious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,223
    Yea. Lets plan for divorce and every woman in the country getting totally fucked over out of this side of our mouth.

On the other side of our mouth, meh let them all in, what's the worst that could happen?

6. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,037
    I live in San Francisco. I don't know if you can find a city in the United States that is more 'feminist' oriented than the City.

My daughter's boyfriend rushes to open the door for her everytime- its very sweet. No feminist has ever yelled at him- or my daughter. Where the hell do you live? Who are these mystery feminists?

And feminists are bad because they want women to be able to support themselves in case their husband does abandon her, or dies.....that is a bad thing?

You must be really opposed to the Boy Scouts- and their whole "Be Prepared" ethos.

7. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,037
    Do you oppose fire insurance because you don't want to 'plan for a fire'?

8. EverCurious

EverCurious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,223
    Syriusly I live in Alaska, like it says under my avatar. All my boys went to Boy Scouts actually, I was a den mother for many years.

Again, feminism would hate my sons simply because they want 'traditional' women - you feminists attach an automatic stigma of abuse and ill intentions to that idea. Oh making them dependent, oh enabling their weakness, etc. Yet these girls exist and that is how they are. My boys are the kind of men they want, yet you will sit there on a high horse telling the women they are wrong, telling my boys they are wrong. This is the hatred face of feminism. It's not a "positive force" in this case at all, it's a rabid rejection of what individuals want to do - a condemnation of individual choice and a concession to "group think" that feminism is the 'better' way to be. These girls disagree, my boys disagree, but feminists don't care, they must attack it because it threatens their "movement"

9. Syriusly

Syriusly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,037
    So why are you against the ethos of 'Be Prepared'?

Seriously.

10. Asclepias

Asclepias Work Hard Play Hard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,805
    The term "traditional" is insulting to them. Thats why they would hate them. They represent a problem. The idea that somehow its wrong to be strong is insulting and frankly ignorant.