The Germans and Japanese didnt like each other

Germany and Japan were essentially involved in two different wars. What little cooperation that did exist was due to having common enemies in the US and GB. Hitler's disastrous decision to declare war against the US after learning of the Pearl Harbor attack provided a rationale for the US to devote 80% of its war effort to defeating Germany before turning its full attention to Japan.

Germany would have cleaned Japan's clock had the 2 nations fought.

Infinitely superior equipment and technology.

Hmmmm. On land in reasonable terrain I agree 100%.

In naval games I do not like taking the European nations against the U.S. or Japan. Think of what Japan did to the U.K. in the Indian Ocean. Germany's naval strategy was decent for raiding but really their auxillaries accomplished as much as their capital ships. Plus Germany (and for good reason), never even had one carrier.

Historian Stephen Ambrose in one of his books called the German Army "one of the greatest fighting forces in history."

Gin's ability to state the obvious is rivaled by few.

Let me try a couple.

The sky is blue during the day and black at night.
They often used bombs in the Iraq war.
Matthew hates black people.

Gin's ability to state the obvious is rivaled by few.

Let me try a couple.

The sky is blue during the day and black at night.
They often used bombs in the Iraq war.
Matthew hates black people.

VE Day meant something beating the superhumans.

How many VE or VJ days have their been since then?

not sure what the op's point was, but they did trade secretes we all know the japenese was close to building the bomb and some say they tested one in what is now North Korea.

Germany and Japan were essentially involved in two different wars. What little cooperation that did exist was due to having common enemies in the US and GB. Hitler's disastrous decision to declare war against the US after learning of the Pearl Harbor attack provided a rationale for the US to devote 80% of its war effort to defeating Germany before turning its full attention to Japan.

Germany would have cleaned Japan's clock had the 2 nations fought.

Infinitely superior equipment and technology.

The real irony is that Germany's ally Japan was actually the country that really screwed Germany. Stalin had kept a massive force on the far eastern front fearing a Japanese invasion coinciding with Germany's invasion in the West. Once it was clear Japan had no intention of invading Russia's eastern end, Stalin pulled most of that force out and headed them straight at the Germans -essentially dooming Hitler's invasion of Russia by 1942. Saying Germany would have destroyed Japan is a ludicrous statement. Germany did not have the resources necessary to move an invasion force halfway around the world to strike Japan -even if they had wanted to. Germany wasn't even prepared to invade England which was just the English Channel away from occupied France. Had Hitler not declared War in 1941 against the U.S., the Soviet Union would probably stretch all the way to the French/German border today.

Had Hitler not declared War in 1941 against the U.S., the Soviet Union would probably stretch all the way to the French/German border today.

Had Hitler not declared war against the US he might well have defeated the USSR. If, If, If...

:eusa_silenced:LoL. What am I doing commenting on this pointless thread.:eusa_angel: Was the original poster sleep-typing?

Forum List

Back