The Geography Of WWIII

"China’s J-20 stealth fighter jet lines up for combat duty, boosting firepower in the sky

Deployment comes as Beijing pushes ahead with patrols in the South China Sea

how-chinas-stealthy-new-j-20-fighter-jet-compares-to-the-uss-f-22-and-f-35.jpg

China has intensified its air and naval drills in the South China Sea in recent months, raising concerns among its neighbours. In November, Chinese H-6K bombers and fighter jets flew through the Bashi Channel between Taiwan and the Philippines, and along the Miyako Strait to the south of Japan.

The announcement came two days after Beijing announced its Su-35 fighter jets had taken part in a combat patrol over the contested South China Sea."
China’s J-20 stealth fighter jet lines up for combat duty

"A U.S. Aircraft Carrier's Historic Vietnam Port Call Sends a Message to China
(DANANG, Vietnam) — For the first time since the Vietnam War, a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier is paying a visit to a Vietnamese port, seeking to bolster both countries’ efforts to stem expansionism by China in the South China Sea.

The visit comes at a time when China is increasing its military buildup in the Paracel islands and seven artificial islands in the Spratlys in maritime territory also claimed by Vietnam. China claims most of the South China Sea and has challenged traditional U.S. naval supremacy in the western Pacific."
U.S. Carrier's Vietnam Port Call Sends Message to China

"President Trump is showing Vietnam more love than President Obama.

LOY: (Speaking Vietnamese).

SULLIVAN: "In the past, U.S. presidents talked a lot. But there was little action," Voka Loy says. "I think Trump wants to change things." And this carrier visit, Voka Loy and his friends say, shows he's serious about helping Vietnam. They're not looking for a fight, the men insist. They just want China to back off."
U.S. Aircraft Carrier Visits Vietnam For The First Time Since The War

Both China and Vietnam are let by the Communist Party.

Agree that China's attempts to annex international waters are wrong.

Not sure if Trump will do anything considering his Bank of China loan and his daughter's businesses.

"Washington (CNN)US Air Force B-52 Stratofortress bombers flew a training mission over the South China Sea on Tuesday, according to the US military.

The bombers took off from Andersen Air Force Base on the island of Guam according to a statement from US Pacific Air Forces, which oversees air operations in the region. The flight also involved additional training with F-15 Strike Eagle jets in the vicinity of Okinawa, Japan. The training mission was part of the US Air Force's routine "Continuous Bomber Presence" in the region.
A US military official told CNN that the two bombers flew between two Chinese claimed features in the Spratly Islands, claims unrecognized by China's neighbors and the US government."
US flies bombers over South China Sea - CNNPolitics

"Washington (CNN)US Air Force B-52 Stratofortress bombers flew a training mission over the South China Sea on Tuesday, according to the US military.

The bombers took off from Andersen Air Force Base on the island of Guam according to a statement from US Pacific Air Forces, which oversees air operations in the region. The flight also involved additional training with F-15 Strike Eagle jets in the vicinity of Okinawa, Japan. The training mission was part of the US Air Force's routine "Continuous Bomber Presence" in the region.
A US military official told CNN that the two bombers flew between two Chinese claimed features in the Spratly Islands, claims unrecognized by China's neighbors and the US government."
US flies bombers over South China Sea - CNNPolitics

Is china ANGRY at us?

"WAR FOOTING
US Navy warships in ‘serious incident’ with China after sailing into disputed waters

It comes after experts warn biggest Pacific land and sea grabs since the Japanese invasions of 1930s and 1940s ‘almost complete’ as Beijing packs artificial islands with game-changing military hardware

CHINESE warships have confronted US Navy vessels today in what has been described as a “serious incident”.

The tense naval drama unfolded after the American warships sailed near South China Sea islands claimed by China.
nintchdbpict000401093673.jpg

US warships engulfed in 'serious incident' with China in contested seas

Just as blood keeps the human organism alive, oil is the life's-blood of an industrial nation....imagine how absurd it would be for the leader of an modern nation to suggest...'Well, seeing as how much trouble and strife oil causes....our nation is going on a ten-year plan to wean ourselves off oil and all the other petroleum products.'
(Did somebody say 'Obama'??)

So how many children are you willing to sacrifice to keep the oil flowing?

I would say, none.

The thing is, Petroleum is a limit resource. They aren't making any more of it So we really do need to find alternatives.

Just as blood keeps the human organism alive, oil is the life's-blood of an industrial nation....imagine how absurd it would be for the leader of an modern nation to suggest...'Well, seeing as how much trouble and strife oil causes....our nation is going on a ten-year plan to wean ourselves off oil and all the other petroleum products.'
(Did somebody say 'Obama'??)

So how many children are you willing to sacrifice to keep the oil flowing?

I would say, none.

The thing is, Petroleum is a limit resource. They aren't making any more of it So we really do need to find alternatives.

And, now....a reminder of what you are.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

clip_image004.gif

John Stuart Mill

"...the aim of the reforms is to surpass the American military might.

The documents were leaked as the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) navy launched two advanced warships designed for surface warfare, long-range air defence and anti-submarine operations, as the country's naval modernisation continues.

In May, the United States raised concerns with China about its latest militarisation of the South China Sea and claimed there will be short-term and long-term consequences.

In the disputed South China Sea, China has built up its presence on the islands more than any other country in the area, installing air bases, radar systems, and defence capabilities.

It has also emerged the country has been recently testing radar cross-sections (RCS) for new fighter jets.

A RCS index can measure how detectable an object is by radar and can be used in ballistic missiles."
China's military reforms to 'WIN A WAR' and overtake the US revealed in leaked memo

The documents were leaked as the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) navy launched two advanced warships designed for surface warfare, long-range air defence and anti-submarine operations, as the country's naval modernisation continues.

In May, the United States raised concerns with China about its latest militarisation of the South China Sea and claimed there will be short-term and long-term consequences.

Gee, I can't get upset that China wants to control something called the "South China Sea". YOu know, because it has "China" in the title.

Gee, I can't get upset that China wants to control something called the "South China Sea". YOu know, because it has "China" in the title.

I would suggest that you restrict your posting to topics about which you have some understanding....but then you'd be mute.

And we'd have less to laugh at.

I would suggest that you restrict your posting to topics about which you have some understanding....but then you'd be mute.

Still waiting for you to give me a good reason why I should care about the "South China Sea".

Frankly, we need to start minding our own fucking business. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars protecting these countries and they steal all our jobs... does this seem smart to you?

Still waiting for you to give me a good reason why I should care about the "South China Sea".

Frankly, we need to start minding our own fucking business. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars protecting these countries and they steal all our jobs... does this seem smart to you?

Please try to post like an adult, sans the vulgarity.

Your post serves to validate what I wrote previously, that you are clueless about the topics you refer to....and simply work every post along the lines of "I hate America!!!"

Clearly you are both ignorant and hate-filled.

Here are the facts.

"The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) estimates that roughly 80 percent of global trade by volume and 70 percent by value is transported by sea. Of that volume, 60 percent of maritime trade passes through Asia, with the South China Sea carrying an estimated one-third of global shipping.Click here for more details." title="" style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(196, 45, 32); transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out;">1 Its waters are particularly critical for China, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea, all of which rely on the Strait of Malacca, which connects the South China Sea and, by extension, the Pacific Ocean with the Indian Ocean.

As a vital artery of trade for many of the world’s largest economies, the South China Sea has garnered significant attention. The high concentration of commercial goods flowing through the relatively narrow Strait of Malacca has raised concerns about its vulnerability as a strategic chokepoint. Writings on the South China Sea frequently claim that $5.3 trillion worth of goods transits through the South China Sea annually, with $1.2 trillion of that total accounting for trade with the U.S. This $5.3 trillion figure has been used regularly since late 2010, despite significant changes in world trade over the last five-plus years."
Exports Through the SCS (billions)
Top ten exporters
China$874South Korea$249Singapore$214Thailand$170Vietnam$158Japan$141Hong Kong$140Indonesia$121Germany$117Malaysia$106
How much trade transits the South China Sea? | ChinaPower Project

See if you can find someone to explain to you why China cannot be allowed to control that avenue....anyone with more than a double digit IQ will do.

Your post serves to validate what I wrote previously, that you are clueless about the topics you refer to....and simply work every post along the lines of "I hate America!!!"

No, I just don't mistake the interests of the oil companies for America's interests.

See if you can find someone to explain to you why China cannot be allowed to control that avenue....anyone with more than a double digit IQ will do.

Again, since China is the one using that avenue to choke our industry already, it really doesn't make sense for them to block it, does it.

Hey, here's a crazy idea, instead of worrying about stuff coming from over there... how about making stuff here? You know, like your hero Trump claims he wants to, but now even fucking Harley Davison is leaving the country.

No, I just don't mistake the interests of the oil companies for America's interests.

Again, since China is the one using that avenue to choke our industry already, it really doesn't make sense for them to block it, does it.

Hey, here's a crazy idea, instead of worrying about stuff coming from over there... how about making stuff here? You know, like your hero Trump claims he wants to, but now even fucking Harley Davison is leaving the country.

That is because it costs more to comply with all the laws and regulations than making to bikes.

Nope . . . it is because American workers have a much higher standard of life to support and that takes much higher wages.

Forum List

Back