rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal
What will the dog Sunni Man say now:

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=98711&sectionid=351020101

Guardian Council: Over 100% voted in 50 cities
Sun, 21 Jun 2009 23:33:38 GMT

Iran's Guardian Council has suggested that the number of votes collected in 50 cities surpass the number of people eligible to cast ballot in those areas.

The council's Spokesman Abbas-Ali Kadkhodaei, who was speaking on the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) Channel 2 on Sunday, made the remarks in response to complaints filed by Mohsen Rezaei -- a defeated candidate in the June 12 Presidential election.

"Statistics provided by Mohsen Rezaei in which he claims more than 100% of those eligible have cast their ballot in 170 cities are not accurate -- the incident has happened in only 50 cities," Kadkhodaei said.

The spokesman, however, said that although the vote tally affected by such an irregularity could be over 3 million and the council could at the request of the candidates re-count the affected ballot boxes, "it has yet to be determined whether the possible change in the tally is decisive in the election results," reported Khabaronline.

Three of the four candidates contesting in last Friday's presidential election cried foul, once the Interior Ministry announced the results - according to which incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was declared the winner with almost two-thirds of the vote.

Rezaei, along with Mir-Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi, reported more than 646 'irregularities' in the electoral process and submitted their complaints to the body responsible for overseeing the election -- the Guardian Council.

Mousavi and Karroubi have called on the council to nullify Friday's vote and hold the election anew. This is while President Ahmadinejad and his Interior Minister Sadeq Mahsouli have rejected any possibility of fraud, saying that the election was free and fair.

There is an 11 million vote difference. I doubt they will hold another election if they do not feel that there is any way--that an over-vote would not come close.

Remember we have the same problems in some of our cities too. It was a big mess in Minnisota too.

And you would think that the elections we have that the counties all over this country could get a handle on it. Not yet anyway.

There is an 11 million vote difference. I doubt they will hold another election if they do not feel that there is any way--that an over-vote would not come close.
President Obama should offer former President Carter's services to oversee another election in Iran. He just finished one in Lebanon, and might even still be in the region. Iran is an old case for Jimmy.

i guess its OK for Bush and Obama to rig voter registration and vote counting but it's not OK for Ahmadinejad ...

Where do you come up with this Bush & Obama rigging votes? You guys have really got to get over your little conspiracy theories.

In fact, if you're old enough-- volunteer to work at your polling station next election--& you will experience "checks & balances" that prevent voter fraud. For each pollster--there will be a democrat matched by a republican all looking over each other's shoulder to prevent this. Both parties take the "locked" ballot box down to get counted & watch those votes get counted. They are both present when the count is announced. The "errors" we experience are not from the voters, but from the voting stations or polling districts that cannot get their act together--like we saw in Florida in 2000 & Minnisota last year. I am convinced they were errors--& not purposely perpertrated by any candidate.

The only discrepancies we have had come from ACORN who registered anyone & everyone & some idiots will register numerous times. It doesn't mean that they passed entrance & received more than one ballot.

DID YOU KNOW: Anyone in this nation caught voting more than once is considered a FELON. They lose their right to vote EVER again in any election.

Last edited:
President Obama should offer former President Carter's services to oversee another election in Iran. He just finished one in Lebanon, and might even still be in the region. Iran is an old case for Jimmy.

Ha.Ha.--I doubt Jimmy is too interested in monitoring an election in Iran--he might be an uninvited guest that they may keep for 1-1/2 years he.he.he.

Remember we have the same problems in some of our cities too. It was a big mess in Minnisota too.

And you would think that the elections we have that the counties all over this country could get a handle on it. Not yet anyway.
dont forget King County WA too

Forum List

Back