The FOX and the Saudi Prince.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Well it appears that NewsCorps second largest investor is Prince Walid Bin Talal..

Prince Walid bin Talal of Saudi Arabia is also the second-largest shareholder of Fox News’s parent, the News Corporation, with a stake worth more than $2 billion, which was not always disclosed on Fox News.

In fact, Prince Walid, in his first public comments about the matter, says he is actually opposed to the Islamic center’s being built in downtown Manhattan.

“I have been associated with this mosque in New York, but frankly speaking, I have nothing to do with it,” he said in an interview. “I’m not for putting that mosque there.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/18/b...=1&scp=1&sq=October 18, 2010 Fox Saudi&st=cse

This disclosed after NewsCorp made several million dollars in donations to Republican Candidates.

So the right wing propaganda arm of the Republican Party, which created the current Tea Party has now disclosed that a huge investor is a Saudi Prince.

Outstanding.

How come nobody cares about "foreign influence" when it comes to where the cash for the mosque is coming from?

What percent of News Corp does he own?

Does GE/NBC disclose its ties to Obama's stimulus?

How come nobody cares about "foreign influence" when it comes to where the cash for the mosque is coming from?

I sort of don't give a rats ass about the "Mosque" or who invests in it.

What I do give a rats ass about is a "News Organization" claiming that it is unbiased and spews false stories almost on a daily basis. Then it contributes millions to political causes. And THEN it's disclosed that a big stake owner comes from a backward extremely conservative theocratic nation who's main source of revenue is oil.

Does NBC state it's role in Obama's stimulus scheme?

Do we have to let poor illiterate foreigners stream across our borders illegally and let their homelands sue us, but get our xenophobia on about legitimate foreign investors?

Swallow said:

I sort of don't give a rats ass about the "Mosque" or who invests in it.

What I do give a rats ass about is a "News Organization" claiming that it is unbiased and spews false stories almost on a daily basis. Then it contributes millions to political causes. And THEN it's disclosed that a big stake owner comes from a backward extremely conservative theocratic nation who's main source of revenue is oil.

If you truly believed that then you wouldn't "swallow" the NY Slimes...

Well it appears that NewsCorps second largest investor is Prince Walid Bin Talal..

Prince Walid bin Talal of Saudi Arabia is also the second-largest shareholder of Fox News’s parent, the News Corporation, with a stake worth more than $2 billion, which was not always disclosed on Fox News.

In fact, Prince Walid, in his first public comments about the matter, says he is actually opposed to the Islamic center’s being built in downtown Manhattan.

“I have been associated with this mosque in New York, but frankly speaking, I have nothing to do with it,” he said in an interview. “I’m not for putting that mosque there.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/18/b...=1&scp=1&sq=October 18, 2010 Fox Saudi&st=cse

This disclosed after NewsCorp made several million dollars in donations to Republican Candidates.

So the right wing propaganda arm of the Republican Party, which created the current Tea Party has now disclosed that a huge investor is a Saudi Prince.

Outstanding.

You are going to lose. Deal.

Outstanding.
And GE contributes several millions in donations to Democratic candidates and lobbying.

It's what business does in a democratic republic.

The deflections are amazing.

It's in the best interest of the Saudis we keep buying oil. They buy off their population. They don't really produce much else and they are oppressive as heck. Not only that..within their borders they tell their people all their woes are because of America. And the Princes travel world wide and don't live like the common folk they force their misery upon.

And it is those very people, the Princes, that are very well involved in our political process.

It's in the best interest of the Saudis we keep buying oil. They buy off their population. They don't really produce much else and they are oppressive as heck. Not only that..within their borders they tell their people all their woes are because of America. And the Princes travel world wide and don't live like the common folk they force their misery upon.

And it is those very people, the Princes, that are very well involved in our political process.
And, the corpoaration in which the prince invests overwhelmingly supports the Democratic Party.

And, the corpoaration in which the prince invests overwhelmingly supports the Democratic Party.

NewsCorp supports the Democratic party? That's rich.

But even if they did..are you folks going to abandon FOX? It's an aberration of American Journalism.

NewsCorp supports the Democratic party? That's rich.
Yes, it does, more than the GOP and even more than GE does. I guess I posted the link above for no reason. ;)

Of course he's against the mosque, it is being built by a MODERATE muslim group...he belongs to an EXTREME muslim group.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why FOX is against it as well.

:eusa_eh:

Does NBC state it's role in Obama's stimulus scheme?

Do we have to let poor illiterate foreigners stream across our borders illegally and let their homelands sue us, but get our xenophobia on about legitimate foreign investors?

images

Forum List

Back