The Fossil Fuel Industry Misinformation Campaign

The deniers here constantly accuse the world's climate scientists of ALL being involved in a massive and decades-long hoat to push global warming in order to 1) Get rich 2) Remain employed 3) Gain control over the population 4) Destroy western civilization. Unfortunately for them, they have ZERO evidence to support those claims.

Deniers here have also constantly IGNORED the possibility that the fossil fuel industry, seeing global warming mitigation measures as an existential threat, might make efforts to slow the acceptance of the science and the measures required to combat this problem. Unfortunately for them, there is a wealth of evidence to prove that this is precisely what they have done and that all deniers have served admirably as the industry's "useful idiots".

I'll have to agree that the fossil fuel industry has waged a misinformation campaign. They've been telling me it's dangerous to fill my gas tank with the engine running and smoking a cigarette. But in almost 60 years of doing that, I haven't blown up yet.

"ZERO evidence", other than that every one of the "solutions" proposed...

1) Redistributes wealth from the hoi polli to the elites.​
How? Where? When? I thought the complaint was that we were distributing wealth from us (the rich) to third world nations most affected but least responsible for global warming. You now claim its going in the other direction?
2) Keeps the hoaxers employed and in high cotton.​
You need to first establish the existence of a hoax.
3) Centralizes control over the entire population.​
How? Where? When?
4) Destroys western industrialized civilization.​

Newp....Not a shred of evidence at all! :uhoh3:
You stating that such things are taking place is NOT EVIDENCE you witless fool.

Firstly. The topic is very broad and will not be compartmentalized, limited and maintained conforming to the scope of your particular interest in it.
The topic is not particularly broad.
And I'll say whatever the fuck I wanna say, so long as it's relevant in scope.
Our posts are subject to moderation.
I responded directly to your own claims on the topic.
You attempted to make it looks as if you were responding, but we both know that you were not.
And don't make me explain myself again...
I couldn't care less whether or not you ever post another word. It's not as if your contribution had value.

The topic is not particularly broad.

You attempted to make it looks as if you were responding, but we both know that you were not.

I couldn't care less whether or not you ever post another word. It's not as if your contribution had value.

I'm gonna go out an idle my Corvette for an hour to heat the oil up.

There's a foot of snow on the ground but gare awn teed it'll start right up.

How do you like them apples? Hm?

Good old 93 octane...

Good old 93 octane...
How do I like them apples? Since its you wasting your money, I feel just fine about it.

Do you know what you're subject to?

I'll tell you what.

The bird...

me-mr-rogers.gif

How? Where? When? I thought the complaint was that we were distributing wealth from us (the rich) to third world nations most affected but least responsible for global warming. You now claim its going in the other direction?

You need to first establish the existence of a hoax.

How? Where? When?

You stating that such things are taking place is NOT EVIDENCE you witless fool.
Talk about denial! :lmao:

What choice is that? ICE vs EV?

1) Where does the Constitution give you any such right?
2) There are numerous examples of government's ability to take harmful products off the market
3) No one is yet using a gun to hold down your GHG emissions.
4) What does any of this have to do with the thread topic?

OMG! You're insane!

I just rented a car on line and I took the cheap one which they called providers choice or something like that. So when I got to the counter, they said it was an electric car. What? I'm on vacation and I'm stuck with an electric car? So I ended up paying to upgrade. Not so cheap anymore. I definitely didn't want the hassle of finding charging stations and waiting hours for the car to charge. So, the morals of the story are, The cheapest is not always what you think thanks to the sneaky bastards at the rental companies and never choose the providers choice because the rental guy told me you always get an EV. Tricking people seems to be the only way they can get people to rent EVs.

I just rented a car on line and I took the cheap one which they called providers choice or something like that. So when I got to the counter, they said it was an electric car. What? I'm on vacation and I'm stuck with an electric car? So I ended up paying to upgrade. Not so cheap anymore. I definitely didn't want the hassle of finding charging stations and waiting hours for the car to charge. So, the morals of the story are, The cheapest is not always what you think thanks to the sneaky bastards at the rental companies and never choose the providers choice because the rental guy told me you always get an EV. Tricking people seems to be the only way they can get people to rent EVs.
I think it might be about the only way you would get someone on vacation to rent an EV as vacation time is expensive in every sense of the word. But not everyone who rents a car is on vacation.

That's obviously the tow truck driver, putz.

They had to call flatbeds to haul their dead EVs that wouldn't charge.

Duh.

"This is crazy. It’s a disaster. Seriously," said Tesla owner Chalis Mizelle. Mizelle said she abandoned her car and got a ride from a friend after hers would not charge.

Chicago-area Tesla charging stations lined with dead cars in freezing cold: 'A bunch of dead robots out here'

''Sumlak was forced to hire a flatbed tow truck to try to find a working charging station.''
Tesla supercharging station packed in Oak Brook, dead cars line parking lot due to frigid temps

no-juice-bunch-dead-robots-872473659.jpg

Last edited:
So, while you folks claim that scientists have been lying to us about global warming - a charge for which you have no evidence whatseover - the oil industry has been found and has admitted to spending hundreds of millions of dollars to lie to YOU about, among other things, climate scientists lying to you.

Now don't you look sharp.

The IPCC funds NO science.

The number of active climate scientists that support this document is minute.

Our understanding of climate allows us to make broad projections of averge global temperature dependent on a range of emissions scenarios. It is not a local weather forecast for a century in the future. CO2 is already 140 ppm higher than pre-industrial levels and the effects that that has caused have been studied extensively.

Because the climate data available today is not available for the Little Ice Age

It precedes the invention of the thermometer. There is NO widespread instrument data during the period. It is almost all proxy data.

It is NOT well documented compared to the present time.

It has not been studied as extensively or as accurately as the last 50 years.

It does pass the smell test.

Here we go again. Which of the following do you believe to have been "wrong"?

View attachment 891657

View attachment 891658

View attachment 891659

View attachment 891660

View attachment 891661

View attachment 891662

View attachment 891664

View attachment 891665

Where is the model for 1940-1980?

Good old 93 octane...

Extra points if you run the AC and the radio up full blast. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back