The former TV reality show host makes a complete fool of himself ... again

They were given an exclusion to the tariffs, because the tariffs were running them out of business.

Missouri nail maker wins tariff exemption and begins planning a comeback
This company's general managersaid >> "the company was forced to raise prices on its own customers. When it did, orders plummeted,"

This makes no sense at all. How can they be forced to "raise prices", when raising prices cause them to LOSE MONEY ?

This situation reeks of business management ignorance. Did this Cris Pratt guy think anything else was going to happen if he raised his prices ? 18 year old college freshmen talking microeconomics 101, know that you cannot go around raising prices, because the only thing that will do is you'll put your SALES into free fall, and your income along with it.

A knowledgable business manger knows he cannot raise prices, so why do these guys do this ? I guess they just are not knowledgable. Maybe they got the job by being somebody's nephew.

And please explain what "exclusion to the tariffs" means.

Trump thinks of himself as an entertainer without the least bit of concern that he is the President of the United States. How else do you explain his outrageous behavior? He wishes to entertain.

Trump is visiting our powerful ally in the Western Pacific, Japan, and his host is Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. North Korea’s recent firing of short-range ballistic missiles gave Trump an opportunity to entertain his fans back home.

Characteristically, John Bolton, Trump's national security advisor told reporters in Tokyo there was “no doubt” that North Korea’s recent missile launches violated U.N. resolutions, and that sanctions against the North must be kept in place.

North Korea answered by saying, “It will be fit to call Bolton not a security adviser striving for security but a security-destroying adviser who is wrecking peace and security. It is not at all strange that perverse words always come out from the mouth of a structurally defective guy, and such a human defect deserves an earlier vanishing.”

Instead of supporting his NSA, Trump sided with the murderous dictator. “My people think it could have been a violation,” Trump said. “I view it differently. I view it as a man — perhaps he wants to get attention and perhaps not. Who knows?”

Earlier, Trump had thrown his host under the bus. He had tweeted, "North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me. I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me." Trump was being loyal to the murderous North Korean dictator. Trump is big on loyalty.

Standing alongside Abe, Trump was asked if he was bothered by the missile tests, Trump said: “No, I’m not. I am personally not.”

Those "small weapons" can reach Japan and the P.M. of America's strongest ally in the Pacific had a different point of view. Unbeknownst to tone deaf Trump, Japan has long voiced concern about short-range missiles because of the threat they pose to the island nation’s security, and Abe disagreed with the U.S. President, saying the missile tests were “of great regret.” This was renown Japanese courtesy. Abe was being polite with his guest close by.

Trump sided with the murderous dictator when it came to a former American vice-President. “Kim Jong Un made a statement that Joe Biden is a low-I.Q. individual. He probably is, based on his record. I think I agree with him on that,” Trump told reporters.

While he was at it, he decided to give Wall Street a jolt on top of all the other assaults he has made on the American economy. Already his 25% tariffs have caused anxiety, rising prices, and inflation worries, and the Dow is down 1,000 points. He added to the street's worries by saying, "We're not ready to make a deal. And we're taking in tens of billions of dollars of tariffs, and that number could go up very, very substantially, very easily."

This loser for a President does not realize that it is Americans who are paying the "tens of billions of dollars of tariffs."

My God, is he really that stupid?

There is very little doubt the Russian dictator, Vladimir Putin, is very pleased with Trump's performance today. Except for his loyal fans, Trump managed to piss off everyone else in the U.S.
Trump knows exactly what he's doing pertaining to the Japs. He will return successful.

That...doesn't even make any sense.

Lol, look who posted it. Nuff said!

To vote in CA you have to register your political affiliation. I am a card-carrying Republican. Everything I write indicates I am a Republican, including my criticism of Trump. Trump is a RINO. For most of his political life, Trump was a Democrat. He supported Hillary in 2008, and he has contributed heavily to the Clinton Foundation.

You think I am a lefty solely because I criticize Trump. Let's examine where you and I stand.

Protectionist tariffs are a liberal concept. They are used to protect union workers.

You support Trump, a Democrat in Republican clothing.

You support Trump's tariffs, a liberal tactic.

The logical conclusion is, you are a lefty.

I voted a straight Republican ticket for 25 years. I did not vote for Trump because, as I have shown, and I don't care what his name tag says, he is not a Republican.

I strongly believe in free trade which is discouraged by tariffs, particularly high tariffs like Trump's protectionist tariffs.

Grassley on Trump: “He believes in tariffs as a tool to get a negotiation as opposed to being an end in themselves. Then he hasn’t changed anything. If he has used tariffs because he believes they’re good, and I know he says that, but I don’t believe he actually believes that. I don’t see how he could believe it.”

“[H]e hasn’t changed the Republican Party. We’re still a party of free trade … I surely hope that he has learned from history that lower tariffs are good.”

Are Republicans Still the Party of Free Trade?

All that makes me a Republican.

All that makes you a lefty.
Lower tariffs are good all right. For China, for Japan, for Mexico, for Europe. Free trade is the policy of Obama, Hillary Clinton, Biden, etc, and you call this Republican ? Something which enriches foreign countries, while obliterating the US economy ?

Why do you think Hillary Clinton is a member of both the Council on Foreign Relations and the Triateral Commission ? (both top free trade orgs) Because she's such an avid Republican ?

Republicans support American BUSINESS, and in the age of unrestricted access to our market (China, Japan, etc), that means tariffs and protectionism, the same policies upon which this country was built.

Your definitions of Republican and Democrat are BIZARRE.

Trump thinks of himself as an entertainer without the least bit of concern that he is the President of the United States. How else do you explain his outrageous behavior? He wishes to entertain.

Trump is visiting our powerful ally in the Western Pacific, Japan, and his host is Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. North Korea’s recent firing of short-range ballistic missiles gave Trump an opportunity to entertain his fans back home.

Characteristically, John Bolton, Trump's national security advisor told reporters in Tokyo there was “no doubt” that North Korea’s recent missile launches violated U.N. resolutions, and that sanctions against the North must be kept in place.

North Korea answered by saying, “It will be fit to call Bolton not a security adviser striving for security but a security-destroying adviser who is wrecking peace and security. It is not at all strange that perverse words always come out from the mouth of a structurally defective guy, and such a human defect deserves an earlier vanishing.”

Instead of supporting his NSA, Trump sided with the murderous dictator. “My people think it could have been a violation,” Trump said. “I view it differently. I view it as a man — perhaps he wants to get attention and perhaps not. Who knows?”

Earlier, Trump had thrown his host under the bus. He had tweeted, "North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me. I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me." Trump was being loyal to the murderous North Korean dictator. Trump is big on loyalty.
So you are saying there is no way he gets re-elected? Or just blowing off steam?
Standing alongside Abe, Trump was asked if he was bothered by the missile tests, Trump said: “No, I’m not. I am personally not.”

Those "small weapons" can reach Japan and the P.M. of America's strongest ally in the Pacific had a different point of view. Unbeknownst to tone deaf Trump, Japan has long voiced concern about short-range missiles because of the threat they pose to the island nation’s security, and Abe disagreed with the U.S. President, saying the missile tests were “of great regret.” This was renown Japanese courtesy. Abe was being polite with his guest close by.

Trump sided with the murderous dictator when it came to a former American vice-President. “Kim Jong Un made a statement that Joe Biden is a low-I.Q. individual. He probably is, based on his record. I think I agree with him on that,” Trump told reporters.

While he was at it, he decided to give Wall Street a jolt on top of all the other assaults he has made on the American economy. Already his 25% tariffs have caused anxiety, rising prices, and inflation worries, and the Dow is down 1,000 points. He added to the street's worries by saying, "We're not ready to make a deal. And we're taking in tens of billions of dollars of tariffs, and that number could go up very, very substantially, very easily."

This loser for a President does not realize that it is Americans who are paying the "tens of billions of dollars of tariffs."

There is very little doubt the Russian dictator, Vladimir Putin, is very pleased with Trump's performance today. Except for his loyal fans, Trump managed to piss off everyone else in the U.S.

Apparently, Trump does not fit your idea of a president. If you haven't noticed, he is the exact opposite of Obama. Some would say he came along because of Obama-equal and opposite action and re-action. Did you ever send a message to him or just share your wisdom with us?

Is he now? Well he sure spends like Obama only he is doing it at unheard of rates in an expanding economy! So I guess he is different in that way.

So you are saying there is no way he gets re-elected? Or just blowing off steam?

Apparently, Trump does not fit your idea of a president. If you haven't noticed, he is the exact opposite of Obama. Some would say he came along because of Obama-equal and opposite action and re-action. Did you ever send a message to him or just share your wisdom with us?

Is he now? Well he sure spends like Obama only he is doing it at unheard of rates in an expanding economy! So I guess he is different in that way.
Expanding economy, thank you.

Record debts under said conditions, no thank ewe!

They were given an exclusion to the tariffs, because the tariffs were running them out of business.

Missouri nail maker wins tariff exemption and begins planning a comeback
This company's general managersaid >> "the company was forced to raise prices on its own customers. When it did, orders plummeted,"

This makes no sense at all. How can they be forced to "raise prices", when raising prices cause them to LOSE MONEY ?

This situation reeks of business management ignorance. Did this Cris Pratt guy think anything else was going to happen if he raised his prices ? 18 year old college freshmen talking microeconomics 101, know that you cannot go around raising prices, because the only thing that will do is you'll put your SALES into free fall, and your income along with it.

A knowledgable business manger knows he cannot raise prices, so why do these guys do this ? I guess they just are not knowledgable. Maybe they got the job by being somebody's nephew.

They had to raise prices to cover the cost of the tariffs. It was that or lose money on every nail sold. Do you think a company can stay in business selling their product for less than the cost of making it?

are you really this stupid or is it just an act?

Last edited:

You, me. we don't have a choice do we? Let's see what happens.

We know what is happening, record debt. Live it love it own it.

It means they are allowed to buy steel from other countries without paying the tariff.

Not really very complicated...but it does prove that it is the US companies paying the tariffs, not the country doing the exporting.

Reagan printed tons of money-should we do that again?

The only reason that TV Reality Show Host got that gig is that he is a successful Billionaire and a world wide Multi National Real Estate Company CEO with holdings in many foreign countries. I love how the Libs leave that little fact out all the time when referring to Trump as a "Reality TV Star".

That is exactly what the Orange clown is doing now. Huge deficit spending to artificially fuel an already good economy. Just like his personal businesses, a hall of mirrors!

Last edited:

That is exactly what the Orange clown is doing now. Huge deficit spending to artificially fuel an already good economy. Just like his personal businesses, a ball of mirrors!
And the moron thinks he can get China to call UNCLE They will never bow down and kiss trumps ass like those republicans in congress do , and about 25 dotards here do

The only reason that TV Reality Show Host got that gig is that he is a successful Billionaire and a world wide Multi National Real Estate Company CEO with holdings in many foreign countries. I love how the Libs leave that little fact out all the time when referring to Trump as a "Reality TV Star".
He's a billionaire like you're a billionaire He's fos and makes money by selling his name

Former? But he’s still on TV!

Reagan inherited a federal reserve in which the debts of the past were wrung out of the system with interest rates in double digits. The last chance to make real social welfare cuts went by in that era as the Progs of the time renigged on their promise. Reagan bought it hook, line and sinker.

Trump's base claim they hate commies, yet he sides with the worst Stalinist left on the planet.

Reagan inherited a federal reserve in which the debts of the past were wrung out of the system with interest rates in double digits. The last chance to make real social welfare cuts went by in that era as the Progs of the time renigged on their promise. Reagan bought it hook, line and sinker.

Raygun said "deficit spending is good" yup here we are!

Hey dumbass! Do you know what the purpose of a tariff is? Apparently not!

Tariffs are only paid if you import something. If you buy American products, there is no tariff! Why would you not buy American products that cost less than those imported with a tariff applied?

To vote in CA you have to register your political affiliation. I am a card-carrying Republican. Everything I write indicates I am a Republican, including my criticism of Trump. Trump is a RINO. For most of his political life, Trump was a Democrat. He supported Hillary in 2008, and he has contributed heavily to the Clinton Foundation.

You think I am a lefty solely because I criticize Trump. Let's examine where you and I stand.

Protectionist tariffs are a liberal concept. They are used to protect union workers.

You support Trump, a Democrat in Republican clothing.

You support Trump's tariffs, a liberal tactic.

The logical conclusion is, you are a lefty.

I voted a straight Republican ticket for 25 years. I did not vote for Trump because, as I have shown, and I don't care what his name tag says, he is not a Republican.

I strongly believe in free trade which is discouraged by tariffs, particularly high tariffs like Trump's protectionist tariffs.

Grassley on Trump: “He believes in tariffs as a tool to get a negotiation as opposed to being an end in themselves. Then he hasn’t changed anything. If he has used tariffs because he believes they’re good, and I know he says that, but I don’t believe he actually believes that. I don’t see how he could believe it.”

“[H]e hasn’t changed the Republican Party. We’re still a party of free trade … I surely hope that he has learned from history that lower tariffs are good.”

Are Republicans Still the Party of Free Trade?

All that makes me a Republican.

All that makes you a lefty.

Tariffs are a Republican concept. The Bush administration implemented tariffs on Chinese steel in 2002. The tariffs caused more harm than gains to the US economy and employment which completely quashes your "protect Union workers" statement. NOTHING that Republicans have done since the late 50's has helped the American Worker.
I guess you missed the dot com crash.

The dot-com crash was due to speculative investments. How does this relate to tariffs?

Forum List

Back