The Florida School Board Shooter was a liberal

He couldn't hit anyone because adrenaline was causing his arm to shake. Notice he squeezed off a round accidentally in the floor. Typical accidental-discharge caused from being scared. If you've ever been in a life or death situation you'll know this sometimes happens.

I don't know mudwhistle. When I go to the range I get my blood pumping by doing a few quick sprints then while my heart is beating I will shot.
Here is my last target I shot at doing it that way.
The target was at 50 yeards shot with a 45

No offense but that grouping looks like you're lining your sights up incorrectly. Also...most inexperienced shooters think that they have to shoot from 50 meters away when in fact most of the time you're firing a pistol it's within 15. I suggest working on your accuracy at 11 meters for home defense. It all depends on if you plan on shooting in the street or indoors. Try to put all of the rounds inside the circle. That way you'll get more confidence in your ability to put a round where you want it. Also practice dry-firing whenever possible. That will keep you from jerking the trigger. And above all else...remember Front Sight-post and take your time. Relax.

Actually I had just did a few wind sprints to get my heart rate up spin off of a combat course at 50 yards. I do 50 yards when I do the wind sprints because if I can keep my grouping that close at 50 yards my grouping will be closer at 10 yards. Most of my shots will end up either 9 or 10 ring.

I don't know mudwhistle. When I go to the range I get my blood pumping by doing a few quick sprints then while my heart is beating I will shot.
Here is my last target I shot at doing it that way.
The target was at 50 yeards shot with a 45

No offense but that grouping looks like you're lining your sights up incorrectly. Also...most inexperienced shooters think that they have to shoot from 50 meters away when in fact most of the time you're firing a pistol it's within 15. I suggest working on your accuracy at 11 meters for home defense. It all depends on if you plan on shooting in the street or indoors. Try to put all of the rounds inside the circle. That way you'll get more confidence in your ability to put a round where you want it. Also practice dry-firing whenever possible. That will keep you from jerking the trigger. And above all else...remember Front Sight-post and take your time. Relax.

Actually I had just did a few wind sprints to get my heart rate up spin off of a combat course at 50 yards. I do 50 yards when I do the wind sprints because if I can keep my grouping that close at 50 yards my grouping will be closer at 10 yards. Most of my shots will end up either 9 or 10 ring.

It's like a pentathlon. Good practice...but nothing can simulate a life and death situation.

Btw....The grouping was good. At least it was consistent.

The alignment was off to the left or you're trigger pull is off.

I'd have to see what you were doing to cause it.

Usually when I'm doing something wrong my rounds go a bit low but on line. Yours are all going way to the left. So whatever it is you're doing it's every time.

If you want to reduce trigger-jerk, try dry-firing and place a dime on your rear sight. If you can pull the trigger without knocking it off you're squeezing the trigger property. Always place your finger on the trigger so you can pull straight back, usually at the first finger joint. Never on the finger pad.

Another method you can use to prevent jerking is practice Ball and Dummy. If you have a 9mm semi have somebody stand behind you and with a loaded magazine and an empty mag. Let them load ether one and see if you're jerking the trigger. The trick to a perfect squeeze is in the surprise. This is why somebody else can sometimes out shoot you with your own gun because they don't know where the trigger is set on your weapon. I know it sounds strange, but being surprised makes for a more accurate shot as long as you have your sights lined up when it goes off. Remember always focus on the front sight not the target. Very important.

An excellent method you can use to simulate real situations is slowly walking toward the target. Try to move slowly but smoothly. Then practice side to side movement. This will help you practice keeping your front sight-post on the target as you would during the real deal. I'm not saying you should walk toward someone in a home invasion because staying away is very important, but it will help you build confidence in your ability to shoot and move. Never stop to take aim. Always move....slowly. When you develop the ability to keep your groupings tight then you can speed up. Never run. Never Run. Slow is fast. Running screws everything up. I rarely fire standing still anymore. The only time I do is if I'm firing a new gun and need to sight it or firing from long range.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back