The Fleecing Of The American Taxpayer: Obama To Rent 800 Rooms For Trip to India

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
This is absurd to rent this many rooms to go to India. I think this is a extreme waste of money to be billing the American taxpayers. Obama should scale back his plans to the minimum if he means cutting spending. He needs to be transparent and reveal the cost of this cotton pickin operation.

Barack and Michelle's Mumbai darshan plans - The Economic Times

To ensure fool-proof security, the President’s team has booked the entire the Taj Mahal Hotel, including 570 rooms, all banquets and restaurants. .... 125 rooms at Taj President have also been booked, apart from 80 to 90 rooms each in Grand Hyatt and The Oberoi hotels.

The officer said, “Obama’s contingent is huge. There are two jumbo jets coming along with Air Force One, which will be flanked by security jets. ..... The President’s convoy has 45 cars, including the Lincoln Continental in which the President travels.”

“Rooms at the Hyatt are for the air crew and other members who will accompany Obama. The US president will also bring his chef along,”

Last edited:
they just had a huge terrorist attack there not long ago. I am sure his security detail has every man on deck. relax.

Probably.

Obama wants to clear the place out obviously.

Make sure the only bombers staying in that hotel are the ones who worked on Obama's campaign as fundraisers.

Last edited:
I'm sure posters here are really disappointed that the Secret Service is taking their job seriously with President Obama. I'm sure they'd like to see the SS dial it down a few notches....look the other way....you know.

The America hating CON$ are pissed that Obama will be a harder target.

• Banned
Also in the article, Michelle Obama will visit prostitutes during their stay. Now that is adding grace to the role of the first lady.

I'm sure posters here are really disappointed that the Secret Service is taking their job seriously with President Obama. I'm sure they'd like to see the SS dial it down a few notches....look the other way....you know.

Have other presidents needed such extravagance when traveling abroad? I can't recall other presidents completely booking 500 room 5-star hotels when visiting foreign nations. This seems to be a need solely of the Obama family.

It is this kind of over indulgence on behalf of the president and his wife that is factoring into why the nation is turning away from him. Common sense says when millions are out of work and losing their homes, politicians spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on foreign junkets doesn't quite look good to the masses.

Have other presidents needed such extravagance when traveling abroad? I can't recall other presidents completely booking 500 room 5-star hotels when visiting foreign nations. This seems to be a need solely of the Obama family.

It took 0.26 seconds with the Google to verify that, yes, other presidents have done this. Here's what happened when the last guy went to Israel in 2008:

Hundreds of hotel rooms across Jerusalem have been booked for Bush's group, as well as for the media and even Israeli officials, who fear they might not be able to make it home in the evenings.

Bush, who arrives on Wednesday for his first visit as president, will stay at the King David hotel. Eight truckloads of equipment have already arrived in advance of his two-night stay. All the hotel's rooms will be taken by his entourage - tourists have had their bookings cancelled.​

And yes, the King David is a five star hotel.

Forum List

Back