The first rocker who brought Americanism to the USSR

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
This is Viktor Tsoi. In Russia, this is a legend. As far as I remember, he was the first to bring to the masses the aesthetics of the American superhero, the starry sky and the struggle for Freedom. He has been doing this since 1985, or even earlier.

He stood at the origins of Freedom in the USSR, and the rock movement itself.

At that time the KGB was still very strong, the Soviet troops were still in Afghanistan.

He tragically died in a automobile crash, he was only 28. I think this was the work of the KGB and the Clinton clan.

Before him, there was another rocker, the singer of freedom - Bashlachev. He sang "here's, my friend Prague, here's, my friend, Warsaw", alluding to the uprisings against the KGB regime in Eastern Europe. Then there was very strict censorship. He also died young. But he is less known than Tsoi.

May these two be heroes in America too.

• Banned
Unfortunately, few people understood what they were singing about. In the USSR, both then and now, the level of political literacy is very low. No one really understands this, but they are remembered and loved.

They usually say: "Tsoi is alive"

Giving the variety of American and British rock bands that were and are available for American public, I have great doubts that they will be impressed by Tsoi's music.

Besides, not understanding Tsoi's texts and not knowing the context they were written in it is senseless to listen to his songs.

• Banned
Giving the variety of American and British rock bands that were and are available for American public, I have great doubts that they will be impressed by Tsoi's music.

Besides, not understanding Tsoi's texts and not knowing the context they were written in it is senseless to listen to his songs.
British music is mostly disharmonious and unromantic shit. It's like hippie shit. Tsoi is like the romantic rock music of America, and Bashlachev is like the revolutionary Cobain. This is closer to the Americans. Romantic and militant sound. The music itself, aesthetics and style should please them.

And Americans love hard guitar music that can be played on an acoustic guitar.

• Banned
It seems nowhere else do they like acoustic guitars more than in the USA, Latin America and the Russian Federation.

• Banned
All Tsoi's songs sound good on acoustics. Most of them are pretty easy to play if you can strumming well.

Unfortunately, few people understood what they were singing about. In the USSR, both then and now, the level of political literacy is very low. No one really understands this, but they are remembered and loved.

They usually say: "Tsoi is alive"

They understood the Beatles

And still do

Forum List

Back