The Ferguson verdict and travel plans

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
So with the Grand jury about to release their findings, I have a few questions I have been asking myself.

Is it safe to travel to Baltimore this weekend?
Is it safe to travel to DC right after that?
Am I being racist for asking this question?

I don't consider Baltimore a safe place to be. Period.

The area around the Capital and Washington monuments has more Police per square foot than anywhere on earth, so it's realtively safe. But when you go a few blocks in any direction it can be unsafe.

I used to work in that area.

The questions, Marty, and I don't think they are racist.

They are common sense.

Baltimore's a lot like Chicago and other cities. Lots of murders and other criminal activities but primarily they take place in the various inner city hoods and assuming you aren't heading to them other parts of Balto shouldn't be a problem IMO. And ditto what someone else posted about D.C. Just don't stray off the beaten path where security is everywhere.

And, no, asking such questions isn't racist at all.

Baltimore's a lot like Chicago and other cities. Lots of murders and other criminal activities but primarily they take place in the various inner city hoods and assuming you aren't heading to them other parts of Balto shouldn't be a problem IMO. And ditto what someone else posted about D.C. Just don't stray off the beaten path where security is everywhere.

And, no, asking such questions isn't racist at all.

Staying in inner harbor in Baltimore, and in one of the 4 star hotels in DC.

Travel wherever you please. Whenever a group of thugs conspire to halt your progress, it's unlawful imprisonment. If one threatens or attempts attack they are all guilty by conspiracy, so shoot every one of them.

So with the Grand jury about to release their findings, I have a few questions I have been asking myself.

Is it safe to travel to Baltimore this weekend?
Is it safe to travel to DC right after that?
Am I being racist for asking this question?

Recent update from the City of Baltimore. Thought you might want to know.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

No verdict, so no worries.

The worst thing we ran into walking around were panhandlers, and they were politer than the ones in NYC.

No verdict, so no worries.

The worst thing we ran into walking around were panhandlers, and they were politer than the ones in NYC.
The management of Baltimore's Lexington Market has recently made an effort to increase security and eliminate panhandling. So it's a more pleasant and hassle free experience eating there than it used to be, like six months ago.

Forum List

Back