Where in the Bible can we find the correct assumptions and good science to find the actual age?

God said that he will keep some things to himself such as the age of the Earth and universe. Thus, we will not know the exact age using science. We will have to make some assumptions, too. One method assumes that the six days of creation presented in Genesis 1 were literal 24-hour periods and that there are no gaps in the chronology of Genesis. The years listed in the genealogies of Genesis are then added to get an approximate time from creation to certain Old Testament figures. This gives us around 6,000 years for the age of the Earth.

We also had radiocarbon dating of coal and diamonds by RATE since C14 still remained. That showed a young Earth around 48 to 50,000 years old.

Radiocarbon in Diamonds Confirmed

How old do you believe the Earth to be and why?

God said that he will keep some things to himself such as the age of the Earth and universe.

Where did he say that?
Why does that mean that some rocks aren't billions of years old?

I can see that you're what I call an internet atheist.

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

"The London Artifact was found near London, Texas in Kimble County. The site is part of a large geographical zone called the Edwards Plateau. It primarily consists of Cretaceous rock. In June of 1934, Max Hahn discovered a rock, sitting loose on a rock ledge beside a waterfall outside London, Texas. Noticing that this weathered rock had wood protruding from it, he and family members cracked it open with a hammer and chisel, exposing the hammerhead to the light of day for the first time since the stone formed around it. To verify that the hammer was made of metal, they cut into one of the beveled sides with a file. In the resulting nick, bright, shiny iron was exposed. The bright metal in the nick is still there, with no detectable corrosion. The metal hammerhead is approximately six inches (15.24cm) long with a nominal diameter of one inch. This seems somewhat small for a gross pounding instrument, suggesting that this tool was meant for fine work or soft metal."

Creation Evidence Museum of Texas

What kind of museums do you go to?

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

"The London Artifact was found near London, Texas in Kimble County. The site is part of a large geographical zone called the Edwards Plateau. It primarily consists of Cretaceous rock. In June of 1934, Max Hahn discovered a rock, sitting loose on a rock ledge beside a waterfall outside London, Texas. Noticing that this weathered rock had wood protruding from it, he and family members cracked it open with a hammer and chisel, exposing the hammerhead to the light of day for the first time since the stone formed around it. To verify that the hammer was made of metal, they cut into one of the beveled sides with a file. In the resulting nick, bright, shiny iron was exposed. The bright metal in the nick is still there, with no detectable corrosion. The metal hammerhead is approximately six inches (15.24cm) long with a nominal diameter of one inch. This seems somewhat small for a gross pounding instrument, suggesting that this tool was meant for fine work or soft metal."

upload_2019-12-20_6-55-33.png

The London Artifact (Texas) - Bad Archaeology

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

View attachment 295714

Science!

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

Paleontologists brought to tears, laughter by Creation Museum

Science tells us some rocks are billions of years old.

Radiometric dating is based on wrong assumptions and bad science. You got rocks in your head.

You need to be careful here. Although radiometric dating can be faulty due to possible confounding factors, there are other ways to measure the age of the universe that are each independent of each other, and all point to a universe that is billions of years old.

In addition, we have Biblical hints as well such as this verse in Genesis.

Genesis 2:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

So if the days in Genesis are literal days, what is Genesis saying about the generations?

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

The London Hammer: An Alleged Out of Place Artifact

Although the hammer has been kept under close guard by Baugh and thus not readily available for detailed analysis by conventional scientists, in 1985 NCSE researcher John Cole briefly reviewed Baugh's hammer claims. Although Cole did not challenge Baugh's presumption at the time that the nearby rocks were Ordovician, Cole pointed out that minerals dissolved from ancient strata could harden around a recent object, stating:

The stone is real, and it looks impressive to someone unfamiliar with geological processes. How could a modern artifact be stuck in Ordovician rock? The answer is that the concretion itself is not Ordovician. Minerals in solution can harden around an intrusive object dropped in a crack or simply left on the ground if the source rock (in this case, reportedly Ordovician) is chemically soluble (Cole, 1985). Cole also noted that the hammer is of "recent American historic style," and concluded that it was probably a 19th century miner's hammer. Others have suggested that it might be a metal working hammer, and that the protrusion on one end of the head might have once contained a leather or wood cap that has since weathered away (Helfinstine and Roth, 1994). Perhaps further research will clarify its actual use and precise age.

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

View attachment 295714

6b780ba68b8aaf7b36b1d71219f469ea.png

These kind of things are all over the place including petrified trees going through rock layers.

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

Wrong museum, moron. You need to stop getting drunk all the time.

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

View attachment 295714

These kind of things are all over the place including petrified trees going through rock layers.

So that tree is proof that the Earth is 6000 years old?
Proof that some rocks aren't billions of years old?

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

View attachment 295714

You just need to get a brain so you can figure these things out, moron. Again, we are done here.

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

View attachment 295714

You just need to get a brain so you can figure these things out, moron. Again, we are done here.

Trees buried by Mt Pinatubo are also proof the Earth isn't billions of years old?

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

Wrong museum, moron. You need to stop getting drunk all the time.

One silly creationist carnival is the same as any other.

What does this tell you?

london_artifact_k16.jpg

View attachment 295714

Why would you suppose that is evidence of a 6,000 year old planet?

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

We are not physical bodies with a spirit, we are spiritual beings inside physical bodies. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (From memory. If you wish, look it up and make any corrections.)

We are not physical bodies with a spirit, we are spiritual beings inside physical bodies. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (From memory. If you wish, look it up and make any corrections.)

I have never heard of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin until now, but it sounds right. I told atheist OldBiologist who believes in evolution and there is no supernatural that an example of the supernatural is the life spirit itself. We can see that every day of out lives. Humans can conceive life through sexual reproduction, but cannot create life outside the cell.

It’s funny when religious extremists blather on with abstract ideas such as “spirits” and supernaturalism while not submitting any case to support them.

Most of what people believe and postulate about evolution is a fraud, yes, the merits of it, or the other theories of evolution which have existed independently and proceeded Darwin's own take on the subject, or of the other theories or mathematical approximations under the scope of Francis Bacon's scientific methodologies, being a different subject entirely....

Evolution, more often than not, sadly, is just what ugly people use as a surrogate for an imaginary friend or heathen deity, much as is the case in most superstitious and supercilious views and homages to "science", popular science to be more specific... were Francis Bacon still here, he may very well be rolling in his grave, cliché as that one often is... or perhaps he would've just chalked it up to human nature and stupidity in general, of which we are all potentially prone to.

Most of what people believe and postulate about evolution is a fraud, yes, the merits of it, or the other theories of evolution which have existed independently and proceeded Darwin's own take on the subject, or of the other theories or mathematical approximations under the scope of Francis Bacon's scientific methodologies, being a different subject entirely....

Evolution, more often than not, sadly, is just what ugly people use as a surrogate for an imaginary friend or heathen deity, much as is the case in most superstitious and supercilious views and homages to "science", popular science to be more specific... were Francis Bacon still here, he may very well be rolling in his grave, cliché as that one often is... or perhaps he would've just chalked it up to human nature and stupidity in general, of which we are all potentially prone to.

Ah. Another Harun Yahya groupie.

Forum List

Back