The Evolution Big Lie; Evolution Proves Metapysical Nauralism

Incinerating Presuppositionalism: Michael David Rawlings and the Primacy of a Bad Attitude

Still avoiding the pertinent issues, I see. Are you an Objectivist, orogenicman? LOL!

I have no interest in your mumbo-jumbo psychobabble, the psychology that unwittingly presupposes an unfalsifiable, metaphysical naturalism as its premise for abiogenesis and evolution. You've already demonstrated the fact of my assertion and stupidly go on affirming my charge.

Back to the substance: you asserted something about the results of abiogenetic research. Science, orogenicman, see if you can concentrate on the science, orogenicman.

Answer the questions:

1. How many of these 17 would have realistically been available under the actual conditions of nature?

All of them. Why wouldn't they be? They occur in nature, and so are available IN NATURE.

Focus, orogenicman.

Of course they occur in nature, and so they are available in nature . . . today, and not just the 17 that can be synthesized under controlled conditions, but all 20 that prevail in living organisms.

You think to talk to me as if I were a retard.

Focus, orogenicman.

We're talking about abiogenesis. We're talking about prebiotic material, not post-biotic material.

You. Don't. Know. What. You're. Talking. About. Do. You?

You're. Not. Cognizant. Of. The. Pertinent. Actualities. Are. You?

You're. Confused. Aren't. You?

From my article:

We're not talking about the organic compounds that are available today, i.e., the organic molecules (monomers) that are harvested from extant living cells and are used to synthesis organic macromolecules (polymers) in vitro. Nor are we talking about the various organic molecules that can be produced under a variety of conditions in laboratories today. In other words, we're not talking about the present; we're talking about the past. We're talking about that which was realistically available to Mother Nature approximately 4.2 billion years ago.

In the years since Stanley Miller's landmark experiments, scientists have synthesized 17 of the 20 fundamental amino acids in experiments simulating variously tweaked reducing atmospheres inside variants of Miller's original apparatus. But all of these procedures involved high concentrations of methane and ammonia. With respect to the actual conditions of the primordial world, the geological evidence does not support the presence of these kinds of concentrations. It's not even close. But even if it did, as discussed in the above, there would have been no ozone layer to shield the organic compounds produced, and, once again, in oxidizing atmospheres no biologically useful compounds are produced. Zilch. However, in a semi-reducing atmosphere, some of the simpler and more durable amino acids might have had a fighting chance, and we know for sure that the Murchison Meteorite contains 6 of the fundamentals—exactly the number that might have been produced in a semi-reducing atmosphere here on Earth!

. . . Due to the barely measurable presence and woeful instability of the other 11 . . . they could not have existed in any significant concentrations in the primordial world beyond the environment of a living cell . The 6 are glycine, alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, valine and proline.

They occur in the ocean - in the water, in the ocean floor, and in hydrothermal vents. They occur in meteorites. They occur in stellar nebulae. They occur deep within the Earth, and on its surface. Etc., etc., etc.

Thanks, orogenicman, but I know where they're found, and you're not going to find all of the 17 you're talking about, once again, outside a living cell.

But that doesn't answer the second question, orogenicman. You didn't understand the second question, did you, orogenicman?

Let's try that again with a little more help from someone who does know the science and understands the matter: in what kind of mixture are these 6 found in nature outside of living cells—homochiral or racemic? And what is the difference?

The above was change to read correctly: " . . . Due to the barely measurable presence and woeful instability of the other 11 . . . they could not have existed in any significant concentrations in the primordial world beyond the environment of a living cell . The 6 are glycine, alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, valine and proline.

Last edited:
Still avoiding the pertinent issues, I see. Are you an Objectivist, orogenicman? LOL!

I have no interest in your mumbo-jumbo psychobabble, the psychology that unwittingly presupposes an unfalsifiable, metaphysical naturalism as its premise for abiogenesis and evolution. You've already demonstrated the fact of my assertion and stupidly go on affirming my charge.

Back to the substance: you asserted something about the results of abiogenetic research. Science, orogenicman, see if you can concentrate on the science, orogenicman.

Answer the questions:

1. How many of these 17 would have realistically been available under the actual conditions of nature?

All of them. Why wouldn't they be? They occur in nature, and so are available IN NATURE.

Focus, orogenicman.

Of course they occur in nature, and so they are available in nature . . . today, and not just the 17 that can be synthesized under the controlled conditions, but all 20 that prevail in living organisms.

You're not? Coulda fooled me.

Rawlings said:
We're talking about abiogenesis. We're talking about prebiotic material, not post-biotic material.

Thank you, Mr. Obvious.

Vitamin B3 has been found in a meteorite, as reported just today. Is that pre or post-biologic?

Rawlings said:
You. Don't. Know. What. You're. Talking. About. Do. You?

You. Just. Keep. Posting. Nonsense. Don't. You?

Rawlings said:
You're. Not. Cognizant. Of. The. Pertinent. Actualities. Are. You?

Well. If. You'ins. Don. Yus. Big. Woids. I. Mite. Be. Abel. Ta. Falla.

Rawlings said:
From my article:

We're not talking about the organic compounds that are available today, i.e., the organic molecules (monomers) that are harvested from extant living cells and are used to synthesis organic macromolecules (polymers) in vitro. Nor are we talking about the various organic molecules that can be produced under a variety of conditions in laboratories today. In other words, we're not talking about the present; we're talking about the past. We're talking about that which was realistically available to Mother Nature approximately 4.2 billion years ago.

In the years since Stanley Miller's landmark experiments, scientists have synthesized 17 of the 20 fundamental amino acids in experiments simulating variously tweaked reducing atmospheres inside variants of Miller's original apparatus. But all of these procedures involved high concentrations of methane and ammonia. With respect to the actual conditions of the primordial world, the geological evidence does not support the presence of these kinds of concentrations. It's not even close. But even if it did, as discussed in the above, there would have been no ozone layer to shield the organic compounds produced, and, once again, in oxidizing atmospheres no biologically useful compounds are produced. Zilch. However, in a semi-reducing atmosphere, some of the simpler and more durable amino acids might have had a fighting chance, and we know for sure that the Murchison Meteorite contains 6 of the fundamentals—exactly the number that might have been produced in a semi-reducing atmosphere here on Earth!
No ozone layer, but a great big fat ocean with lots of deep water. And lots of methane on the deep ocean floor in the form of clathrates and venting out of hydrothermal fields - in a reducing environment. And there is evidence that meteorites/asteroids and probably comets rained down on the early Earth with their loads of organic compounds as well.

Rawlings said:
. . . Due to the barely measurable presence and woeful instability of the other 11 . . . they could have existed in any significant concentrations in the primordial world beyond the environment of a living cell . The 6 are glycine, alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, valine and proline.
They occur in the ocean - in the water, in the ocean floor, and in hydrothermal vents. They occur in meteorites. They occur in stellar nebulae. They occur deep within the Earth, and on its surface. Etc., etc., etc.

Rawlings said:
Thanks, orogenicman, but I know where they're found, and you're not going to find all of the 17 you're talking about, once again, outside a living cell.

Says who?

Rawlings said:
But that doesn't answer the second question, orogenicman. You didn't understand the second question, did you, orogenicman?

Well. If. You'ins. Don. Yus. Big. Woids. I. Mite. Be. Abel. Ta. Falla.

Rawlings said:
Let's try that again with a little more help from someone who does know the science and understands the matter: in what kind of mixture are these 6 found in nature outside of living cells—homochiral or racemic? And what is the difference?

In nature, those six have been found inside of 4.5 billion year old meteorites. Moreover, PAHs have also been found in them, as well as inside of stellar nurseries, and in the earliest oceanic crust. Next.

Pat Robertson said creationists are "clowns". Pat Robertson.

You gotta admit, right wingers demanding "proof" when the only proof they have is a book written by bronze age people who didn't know to wash after wiping is pretty ironic.

17 out of 20 amino acids used inprotein synthesis

All the purines and pyrimidines used in nucleic acid synthesis

polyols — compounds with hydroxyl groups on a backbone of 3 to 6 carbons such as glycerol and glyceric acid. Sugars are polyols.

methane (CH4),

methanol (CH3OH),

formaldehyde (HCHO),

cyanoacetylene (HC3N) (which in spark-discharge experiments is a precursor to the pyrimidine cytosine).

polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons

Inorganic building blocks such as carbon dioxide (CO2), carbon monoxide (CO), ammonia (NH3), hydrogen sulfide (H2S), and hydrogen cyanide (HCN)

Cytosine
Guanine

These can form under conditions simulating the early Earth, and have been found ion asteroids and the last one has been found in stellar nebulae.

Now as I said before, you could have found all of this information in my article and learned so much more to boot had you read it instead of assuming all kinds of silly things and wasting everybody's time with your irrelevant gibberish.

Starting here, not grasping what I was actually getting at earlier, you wrote: "17 out of 20 amino acids used in protein synthesis"

I asked you (1) how many of these 17 would have actually been available to nature in the primordial world and (2) in what kind of mixture do they occur in nature?

[1] All of them. Why wouldn't they be? They occur in nature, and so are available IN NATURE.

. . . [2] They occur in the ocean - in the water, in the ocean floor, and in hydrothermal vents. They occur in meteorites. They occur in stellar nebulae. They occur deep within the Earth, and on its surface. Etc., etc., etc.

Focus, orogenicman.

Of course they occur in nature, and so they are available in nature . . . today, but not just the 17 that can be synthesized under controlled, laboratory conditions, but all 20 that exist in living organisms.

You think to talk to me as if I were a retard?

False, orogenicman. (1) For a number of complex reasons of which you are unaware, it does not follow that the 17 that can be synthesized under the controlled conditions of a semi-reducing atmosphere in an apparatus, which artificially shields them from ultra violet light and removes them from the cross-contaminant environment that would have prevailed in nature, just for starters, would have actually persisted in any significant concentrations. Only 6 of these persist in nature outside the controlled conditions of the lab or outside living cells anywhere in the world, including the oceans, where, by the way, peptidyl bonding for protein synthesis cannot occur anyway; and (2) their mixtures in nature are racemic, useless to life!

The 6 are glycine, alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, valine and proline.

Once again, from my article at this link: http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...ves-metapysical-nauralism-10.html#post8955300

orogenicman: "All the purines and pyrimidines used in nucleic acid synthesis"

Let me know when you're ready to move on to the actualities of these outside of controlled/experimental conditions. . . .

Last edited:

polyols — compounds with hydroxyl groups on a backbone of 3 to 6 carbons such as glycerol and glyceric acid. Sugars are polyols.

methane (CH4),

methanol (CH3OH),

formaldehyde (HCHO),

cyanoacetylene (HC3N) (which in spark-discharge experiments is a precursor to the pyrimidine cytosine).

Inorganic building blocks such as carbon dioxide (CO2), carbon monoxide (CO), ammonia (NH3), hydrogen sulfide (H2S), and hydrogen cyanide (HCN)

Cytosine
Guanine

These can form under conditions simulating the early Earth, and have been found ion asteroids and the last one has been found in stellar nebulae.

Now as I said before, you could have found all of this information in my article and learned so much more to boot had you read it instead of assuming all kinds of silly things and wasting everybody's time with your irrelevant gibberish.

Starting here, not grasping what I was actually getting at earlier, you wrote: "17 out of 20 amino acids used in protein synthesis"

I asked you (1) how many of these 17 would have actually been available to nature in the primordial world and (2) in what kind of mixture do they occur in nature?

[1] All of them. Why wouldn't they be? They occur in nature, and so are available IN NATURE.

. . . [2] They occur in the ocean - in the water, in the ocean floor, and in hydrothermal vents. They occur in meteorites. They occur in stellar nebulae. They occur deep within the Earth, and on its surface. Etc., etc., etc.

Focus, orogenicman.

Of course they occur in nature, and so they are available in nature . . . today, and not just the 17 that can be synthesized under controlled conditions, but all 20 that exist in living organisms.

False, orogenicman. (1) For a number of complex reasons of which you are unaware, it does not follow that the 17 that can be synthesized under the controlled conditions of a semi-reducing atmosphere in an apparatus, which artificially shields them from ultra violet light and removes them from the cross-contaminant environment that would have prevailed in nature, just for starters, would have actually persisted in any significant concentrations. Only 6 of these persist in nature outside the controlled conditions of the lab or outside living cells anywhere in the world, including the oceans, where, by the way, peptidyl bonding for protein synthesis cannot occur anyway; and (2) their mixtures in nature are racemic, useless to life!

Once again, from my article at this link: http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...ves-metapysical-nauralism-10.html#post8955300

Let me know when you're ready to move on to the actualities of these outside of controlled/experimental conditions. . . .

Repeating yourself isn't going to help you forward your argument. Those 17 amino acids I was referring to? Are found in 4.5 billion year old
meteorites, so your argument that they only occur today is just stupid, and isn't supported by the facts. At least two of the four base pairs that are critical for DNA also have been found in stellar nebulae, as has vitamin B3.

Now, I am tired of repeating myself, because it if obvious that you are willfully ignorant, and refuse to acknowledge the facts.

You gotta admit, right wingers demanding "proof" when the only proof they have is a book written by bronze age people who didn't know to wash after wiping is pretty ironic.

Lol, further proof you don't know what the hell you are talking about, liar.

The Bible spans from the bronze, into the iron age, and into the age of steel. Iron was a chief advantage of the Phillistines by the time of King David.

This is the pertinent question: How many of the 17 amino acids synthesized under the controlled conditions of a simulated, semi-reducing atmosphere in the laboratory would have actually been available to nature in the primordial world?

Your answer:

Focus, orogenicman.

Of course they occur in nature, and so they are available in nature . . . today, but not just the 17 that can be synthesized under controlled, laboratory conditions, but all 20 that exist in living organisms.

Your answer:

You're not? Coulda fooled me.

Thank you, Mr. Obvious.

Vitamin B3 has been found in a meteorite, as reported just today. Is that pre or post-biologic? [sic]

Look, orogenicman, the issue is not how many amino acids we can synthesize under the controlled conditions of a simulated, semi-reducing atmosphere in the laboratory or where amino acids may be found in nature. I already knew how many have been synthesized under the controlled conditions of a simulated, semi-reducing atmosphere in the laboratory and where amino acids are commonly found to exist in nature—on Earth and in various conveyances in/from outer space.

You would know that had you read my article.

That was not the question that was put to you in the first place. The issue is how many are known to actually exist/persist in nature.

The number is not 17 as you claim. That is patently false!

There are only 6 that are known to exist/persist outside laboratory conditions or living cells, and they are glycine, alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, valine and proline.

You. Don't. Know. What. You're. Talking. About.

Again, from my article:

Your obtuse response:

No ozone layer, but a great big fat ocean with lots of deep water. And lots of methane on the deep ocean floor in the form of clathrates and venting out of hydrothermal fields - in a reducing environment. And there is evidence that meteorites/asteroids and probably comets rained down on the early Earth with their loads of organic compounds as well.

Pay attention. There's nothing profound about any of this, except, of course, your claim that this is true about all of the 17 amino acids synthesized under the controlled conditions of a simulated, semi-reducing atmosphere in the laboratory.

Once again, orogenicman, this is only true about the 6: glycine, alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, valine and proline. Only 6 of the necessary 20! The other 14 of the necessary 20 are not known to exist/persist anywhere in nature outside living cells—not anywhere on Earth, including the oceans, or anywhere in space.

The only "oceans" in which all of the other 11 synthesized under the controlled conditions of a simulated, semi-reducing atmosphere in the laboratory "exist" is in the various, hypothetical, thermodynamic models proposed by materialists who presuppose the hypothesis of abiogenesis as a fact.

Says who?

It's not who, orogenicman, it's what.

The known facts of biochemical science.

Please provide the link for this landmark, peer-reviewed discovery of yours that the other 11 of the 17 amino acids synthesized under the controlled conditions of a simulated, semi-reducing atmosphere in the laboratory commonly occur in nature.

Good luck with that.

*crickets chirping*

Last edited:

methane (CH4),

methanol (CH3OH),

formaldehyde (HCHO),

Cytosine
Guanine

Focus, orogenicman.

Of course they occur in nature, and so they are available in nature . . . today, and not just the 17 that can be synthesized under controlled conditions, but all 20 that exist in living organisms.

Repeating yourself isn't going to help you forward your argument. Those 17 amino acids I was referring to? Are found in 4.5 billion year old
meteorites, so your argument that they only occur today is just stupid, and isn't supported by the facts. At least two of the four base pairs that are critical for DNA also have been found in stellar nebulae, as has vitamin B3.

Now, I am tired of repeating myself, because it if obvious that you are willfully ignorant, and refuse to acknowledge the facts.

methane (CH4),

methanol (CH3OH),

formaldehyde (HCHO),

Cytosine
Guanine

Focus, orogenicman.

Liar!

Provide the link for this landmark, peer-reviewed discovery of yours that the other 11 of the 17 amino acids synthesized under the controlled conditions of a simulated, semi-reducing atmosphere in the laboratory commonly occur in nature.

By the way, you already slipped here. . . .

Special treatment:

Let us all note from his answer that orogenicman still doesn't seem to understand the questions:

In nature, those six have been found inside of 4.5 billion year old meteorites. Moreover, PAHs have also been found in them, as well as inside of stellar nurseries, and in the earliest oceanic crust.

Yes. I know these things, Dummy. You haven't shared one new thing anywhere on this thread, except (1) your amazing claim about DNA replication, (2) your amazing claim about the common occurrence of the other 11 amino acids synthesized under the controlled conditions of a simulated, semi-reducing atmosphere in the laboratory and (3) the not-so-surprising announcement regarding the discovery of Vitamin B3 in a meteorite.

The first two claims are false, indeed, flat-out lies. The third I had to confirm for myself as you cannot be trusted to tell the truth about anything.

And in any event, you didn't answer the actual questions. By the way, is your answer a concession that only the 6 commonly occur in nature, not all of the 17 as you falsely and repeatedly claim in the above?

Last edited:
"God is" and "because the Bible tells me so" may be my faith but are not examples of metaphysical naturalism, which is a weak minded attempt to escape the difficulties of religion: it cannot be proved with facts.

And none of which say 'DNA found generating life!'

lol

BTW, I do think that life was generated in deep space among some dark bodies that cooled down from supernova and eventually landed on other planets.

My suspicion is that Life came about shortly after some stars spread carbon across the universe when they blew up. I do not think it all happened right here on Earth if God chose to let it happen in a natural process. Life on Earth is alien to it, I think, in all likelihood, except for the purposes of God.

Last edited:

Straw man argument. I never claimed that we did.

Jimbo said:
BTW, I do think that life was generated in deep space among some dark bodies that cooled down from supernova and eventually landed on other planets.

My suspicion is that Life came about shortly after some stars spread carbon across the universe when they blew up. I do not think it all happened right here on Earth if God chose to let it happen in a natural process. Life on Earth is alien to it, I think, in all likelihood, except for the purposes of God.

Actually, I am of a similar mind, minus the god part. We know that our solar systems exists because of a supernova that occurred at some point prior to the formation of the sun. It is even likely that the supernova collapsed the bok globule from which our solar system originated. We know this because most of the elements on the periodic table can only form inside the death throes of a dying star. And the debris from this supernova likely seeded the globule with the elements and even the organic compounds we find all over the solar system. Titan, for instance, is loaded with more organic compounds than exists even here on Earth.

Straw man argument. I never claimed that we did.

Jimbo said:

Actually, I am of a similar mind, minus the god part. We know that our solar systems exists because of a supernova that occurred at some point prior to the formation of the sun. It is even likely that the supernova collapsed the bok globule from which our solar system originated. We know this because most of the elements on the periodic table can only form inside the death throes of a dying star. And the debris from this supernova likely seeded the globule with the elements and even the organic compounds we find all over the solar system. Titan, for instance, is loaded with more organic compounds than exists even here on Earth.

Cool, so why do most models of the sun leave out all those heavy elements that we know were generated in a star?

I think there may be a very good chance that the surface of the sun, which is uncharacteristically cool compared to the rest of it, might have a tungsten carbide or similar hardened crust. If our sun formed from a jettisoned heavy metal fragment of a giant star, then it would seem to a dilettante like me that there could be a hardened crust.

574638_3926815241465_367408206_n.jpg

The Bible spans from the bronze, into the iron age, and into the age of steel. Iron was a chief advantage of the Phillistines by the time of King David.

And still, they didn't know to wash after wiping.

And still, they didn't know to wash after wiping.

Bullshit. Prove that, you ignorant fool.

Hygiene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The earliest written account of Elaborate codes of hygiene can be found in several Hindu texts, such as the Manusmriti and the Vishnu Purana.[55] Bathing is one of the five Nitya karmas (daily duties) in Hinduism, and not performing it leads to sin, according to some scriptures.

Regular bathing was a hallmark of Roman civilization.[56] Elaborate baths were constructed in urban areas to serve the public, who typically demanded the infrastructure to maintain personal cleanliness. The complexes usually consisted of large, swimming pool-like baths, smaller cold and hot pools, saunas, and spa-like facilities where individuals could be depilated, oiled, and massaged. Water was constantly changed by an aqueduct-fed flow. Bathing outside of urban centers involved smaller, less elaborate bathing facilities, or simply the use of clean bodies of water. Roman cities also had large sewers, such as Rome's Cloaca Maxima, into which public and private latrines drained. Romans didn't have demand-flush toilets but did have some toilets with a continuous flow of water under them. (Similar toilets are seen in Acre Prison in the film Exodus.)

The Bible commands Jews to wash on a fairly regular basis and the Quran commands Muslims to only use their left hand to wipe with and to wash it afterwards.

RDean, you have to be one of the most ignorant morons on this board.

Those who deny empirical data lose the moral right to argue and should be denied a platform for their arguments.

Those who deny empirical data lose the moral right to argue and should be denied a platform for their arguments.

Lol, there you go with your fascistic belief that you have the right to say who has free speech and who doesn't, you ignorant cretin.

Lol, there you go with your fascistic belief that you have the right to say who has free speech and who doesn't, you ignorant cretin.
I have every right to condemn that belief masquerading as evidence.

In the classroom, your silliness is not permitted.

In business, your silliness is not permitted.

In the military, your silliness is not permitted.

On this day of all days you demonstrate that you do not understand the Christ.

Last edited:
Metaphysical naturalism is only a fancy term for faith.

The term has nothing to do with evidence.

I have every right to condemn that belief masquerading as evidence.

In the classroom, your silliness is not permitted.

In business, your silliness is not permitted.

In the military, your silliness is not permitted.

On this day of all days you demonstrate that you do not understand the Christ.

We do not live in the military, or a classroom, fuckhead.

And I understand the Christ a lot better than a whiney little cock sucker like you, and that is certain.

Forum List

Back