The Evil is Upon Is

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Tis that time of year. Small devils dressed in brown and green torment us with boxes of delectable sweets. They stalk us at super markets, variety stores, public transit...and worst of all, they even target us in our homes - mercilessly ringing the doorbell until we are drawn into the circle of their influence.

Yesterday, whilst doing the marketing, mr. boe succumbed and acquired two boxes of thin mints and two boxes of do-si-dos.

Oh.The.Horror.

There is no peace for the vigilant.

The Mark of the Beast:

Girl+Scout+cookie+badge.jpg

I got hit up yesterday as well. While I can't enjoy them, I bought 2 boxes, and gave them back to the little monsters that sold them to me.

Well done. That would have been my preferred approach, but mr. boe has a sweet tooth.

A couple of guys at work bring their daughters order sheets into work every year and put them on the break room table.

I never buy any just because I don't eat that stuff anymore.

Tis that time of year. Small devils dressed in brown and green torment us with boxes of delectable sweets. They stalk us at super markets, variety stores, public transit...and worst of all, they even target us in our homes - mercilessly ringing the doorbell until we are drawn into the circle of their influence.

Yesterday, whilst doing the marketing, mr. boe succumbed and acquired two boxes of thin mints and two boxes of do-si-dos.

Oh.The.Horror.

yea, we got nailed by them coming out of lowes.

Oh.The.Horror.

For those in NYC its Girl Scout cookies as well, but the more prevalent is those bastages at Worlds Finest Chocolates. Catholic schools all over fund drive with em.

They used to even include a coupon for McDonalds in the wrapper.....

Oh, and I got hit up for two boxes of GS Cookies at work. With my Weight watchers diet the boxes should last a month or so.

A couple of guys at work bring their daughters order sheets into work every year and put them on the break room table.

I never buy any just because I don't eat that stuff anymore.

I hate that. I am so tired of the cookies, candy, gift wrap emotional blackmail. I just don't participate in these "fundraisers".

I have a NO SOLICITING sign on my door. Works against all forms of evil except Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. For Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses, I keep a printed dictionary definition of "solicit" by my front door which I hand to them when they ignore the sign.

I have considered drawing a chalk outline of a body on the sidewalk with copies of The Watchtower scattered about, surrounded by police tape. Maybe then they will get it.

A neighbor has a NO SOLICITING sign that says, "Unless you are selling Thin Mints".

Yes!

I just go to the local department store where the Girl Scouts camp out at the entrance and get my Thin Mint fix there.

I know. I know. I'm part of the problem.

I'm weak.

The Evil Hath Returned!!!!!

mr. boe just returned from an errand during which Evil Green and Brown Sprites foisted upon him several boxes of demonic delights.

To save him from the horror, I am eating a Dosido.

Oh.The.Horror.

did you hear about the one who set up shop in front of an establishment that sells legal marijuana? someone knows their audience lol

Yep. She sold 117 boxes her first day!

Quite a little entrepreneur.

Oh.The.Horror.

I like the Thin Mints?

The Evil is Upon us Once Again.

The demons tempted me into buying 2 boxes of Thin Mints and 2 boxes of Dosidos. They taunted me by not having any Peanut Butter Patties for sale.

Oh.Teh.Horror.

Forum List

Back