"The endless fear of execution fills my heart with a indescribable chill, makes my whole body shiver & shake,” -Hakamada, the longest death row inmate

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
"if you cannot do the time, don't do the crime" - me

Ej9cYtlU8AUCEGa

In 1966, in a small town in Japan, a family of four was stabbed and burned to death in their home. The violence of the crime shook the nation.⁠
As the only suspect with no alibi, Hakamada was sentenced to death in 1968 for their murder.⁠

But he and his sister relentlessly fought for his freedom.

Sirhan Sirhan is also still alive, he's the man who killed Bob Kennedy. Gavin Newsom wants him freed

Ej9cYtlU8AUCEGa

In 1966, in a small town in Japan, a family of four was stabbed and burned to death in their home. The violence of the crime shook the nation.⁠
As the only suspect with no alibi, Hakamada was sentenced to death in 1968 for their murder.⁠

Sirhan Sirhan is also still alive, he's the man who killed Bob Kennedy. Gavin Newsom wants him freed

I'm on the fence about capital punishment, where I used to be strongly in support of it. The reasons are simple, I've learned a little bit too much first hand about how full of shyte and dishonest police apparatuses are, at least in Canada.

Thus, you better be 100% without question and issue of evidence of the guilt of someone. We just had a "revelation" by Toronto Police, that the person who killed a girl named Christine Jessop in 1984, story that made headlines in Toronto because the child was only 10, was in fact identified and subsequently committed suicide in 2015.

The problem is, these muppets went after a guy named Guy Paul Morin who did a decade in prison for a crime he didn't commit. They didn't give a damn about the reality of the facts, in fact, he had been acquited in a first trial, but a second trial occurred and he was wrongfully found guilty. The low performers had tunnel vision on this man. It turns out, the murderer was a family friend and co-worker of the kids dad.

If capital punishment had been in place, he might have been executed for a crime he didn't commit. He received $1.5M for his decade of lost life, which really goes long beyond that, his entire life has been stolen.

A disgrace of the highest order. Not one cop, prosecutor or investigator lost their careers. THAT is the ultimate smack in the face to society.

Ej9cYtlU8AUCEGa

I'm on the fence about capital punishment, where I used to be strongly in support of it. The reasons are simple, I've learned a little bit too much first hand about how full of shyte and dishonest police apparatuses are, at least in Canada.

Thus, you better be 100% without question and issue of evidence of the guilt of someone. We just had a "revelation" by Toronto Police, that the person who killed a girl named Christine Jessop in 1984, story that made headlines in Toronto because the child was only 10, was in fact identified and subsequently committed suicide in 2015.

The problem is, these muppets went after a guy named Guy Paul Morin who did a decade in prison for a crime he didn't commit. They didn't give a damn about the reality of the facts, in fact, he had been acquited in a first trial, but a second trial occurred and he was wrongfully found guilty. The low performers had tunnel vision on this man. It turns out, the murderer was a family friend and co-worker of the kids dad.

If capital punishment had been in place, he might have been executed for a crime he didn't commit. He received $1.5M for his decade of lost life, which really goes long beyond that, his entire life has been stolen.

A disgrace of the highest order. Not one cop, prosecutor or investigator lost their careers. THAT is the ultimate smack in the face to society.

Yes, Juries should be instructed they need to be certain, completely certain, before giving the Death Penalty.

Not having an alibi? That's not very concrete evidence.

As the "Innocence Project" has gotten about 375 wrongly incarcerated individuals out of prison, one wonders how many people that the state has murdered, were actually innocent.
I am only for the death penalty when there can be "absolutely" NO doubt that the person to be executed, definitely committed the murder, which to me means, 100% certainty, not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Sirhan Sirhan, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and similar cases where there is absolutely no doubt, should get the death penalty.

Ej9cYtlU8AUCEGa

Maybe they and we need a BEYOND all doubt of the crime clause-------------------separating those who have no reasonable doubt from those that we all know are guilty beyond any doubt would probably help to ease the choice. Unfortunately, there are lots and lots of really bad awful evil predatory people that need to be killed off to end their attacks on others. Killing off the worse the worse would go a long way in also protecting other criminals in prison from these super predators.

As the "Innocence Project" has gotten about 375 wrongly incarcerated individuals out of prison, one wonders how many people that the state has murdered, were actually innocent.
I am only for the death penalty when there can be "absolutely" NO doubt that the person to be executed, definitely committed the murder, which to me means, 100% certainty, not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Sirhan Sirhan, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and similar cases where there is absolutely no doubt, should get the death penalty.
That makes good press, but truly its an insignificant number in relation to the actual amount of murders and rapes that occur in this country. The tank for that is running dry as DNA and other scientific and technological advances make the 'wrongful' convictions of the past less and less likely...

Forum List

Back