The end of the world as we know it with Whitney Webb.

I just watched all of that interview this morning. She’s brilliant as always.

The title is misleading. Describing it as the end of the world is not accurate. She discusses many issues and doesn’t proclaim it’s the end of the world.

I just watched all of that interview this morning. She’s brilliant as always.

The title is misleading. Describing it as the end of the world is not accurate. She discusses many issues and doesn’t proclaim it’s the end of the world.
gipp. every new year is the end of the world as i know it.

For some reason I've always despised that song...
Yeah. Me, too.

But it really is how I feel about it.

patriot.gif

...and I feel fine...
But that is precisely the point that is being made and I assume you did not listen to the Chat .

Namely , that AI will be used to make you feel fine even though it will not be about reality -- just the version of it that is programmed for you to accept .
Like Chat etc right now . Just as per Go Ogle and Microsoft false / fake Search results .

Last edited:
I try to be optimistic.
( like The Rush song from power windows the Manhattan Project I'm one of the hopeful depending on the World Without End whatever the Hopeless may say

Hope is, in my view, reserved for the weak and the passive. Respectfully speaking.

Anyway. I'm jumping off here. Have a good rest of the morning, man. And a blessed start to the new year. You know, today's date is 123123. Ha...

Writer and investigative journalist Whitney Webb with very insightful refections on where we are in 2023.

I just watched all of that interview this morning.
I watch all of the interviews she does.

IMO, she is that next generation's Sy Hersch, John Pilger, Robert Parry etc. None too soon, as Parry died a few years ago, and Pilger just died.

I don't remember, because it was a few days past that I watched this one, and I get them mixed up. Was it this one that she mentioned a book that Kissinger wrote a book with the former executive chairmen of Google, Eric Schmidt?

A Robot Wrote This Book Review​

27Roose-superJumbo.jpg

". . . . After finishing “The Age of AI,” a new book about artificial intelligence by Henry A. Kissinger, Eric Schmidt and Daniel Huttenlocher, I found myself unmoved by the prospect of reviewing it. I’ve read dozens of books about A.I., and while the conceit of this one was intriguing — bringing together a 98-year-old diplomat, a former Google chief executive and an M.I.T. professor — the book itself was a fairly forgettable entry in the genre.

Then I got a bright idea. What if I could have an A.I. finish this review, and save myself the trouble?

<snip>

". . . One of the most inspiring aspects of this book is its scope. The authors delve deeply into the potential of AI in all areas of human enterprise. They describe the impact of AI on health care, economics, geopolitics, law, urban development, governance, journalism, the military and even the life sciences.

Kissinger, Schmidt and Huttenlocher are not afraid to explore the darkest side of AI, either. They are clear-eyed about the ways that AI could enable dictators to monitor their citizens and manipulate information to incite people to commit violence.

Although AI is already making our lives better in many ways, Kissinger, Schmidt and Huttenlocher caution that it will take us as a species many years to create a system as powerful as we deserve. They wisely suggest that we not lose sight of the values we want to instill in this new machine intelligence.

Thank you, GPT-3! Now, a few notes: . . ."

I watch all of the interviews she does.

IMO, she is that next generation's Sy Hersch, John Pilger, Robert Parry etc. None too soon, as Parry died a few years ago, and Pilger just died.

I don't remember, because it was a few days past that I watched this one, and I get them mixed up. Was it this one that she mentioned a book that Kissinger wrote a book with the former executive chairmen of Google, Eric Schmidt?

A Robot Wrote This Book Review​

27Roose-superJumbo.jpg

". . . . After finishing “The Age of AI,” a new book about artificial intelligence by Henry A. Kissinger, Eric Schmidt and Daniel Huttenlocher, I found myself unmoved by the prospect of reviewing it. I’ve read dozens of books about A.I., and while the conceit of this one was intriguing — bringing together a 98-year-old diplomat, a former Google chief executive and an M.I.T. professor — the book itself was a fairly forgettable entry in the genre.

Then I got a bright idea. What if I could have an A.I. finish this review, and save myself the trouble?

<snip>

". . . One of the most inspiring aspects of this book is its scope. The authors delve deeply into the potential of AI in all areas of human enterprise. They describe the impact of AI on health care, economics, geopolitics, law, urban development, governance, journalism, the military and even the life sciences.

Kissinger, Schmidt and Huttenlocher are not afraid to explore the darkest side of AI, either. They are clear-eyed about the ways that AI could enable dictators to monitor their citizens and manipulate information to incite people to commit violence.

Although AI is already making our lives better in many ways, Kissinger, Schmidt and Huttenlocher caution that it will take us as a species many years to create a system as powerful as we deserve. They wisely suggest that we not lose sight of the values we want to instill in this new machine intelligence.

Thank you, GPT-3! Now, a few notes: . . ."
Losing Pilger is a big blow. I always enjoyed his columns. He was excellent as is Hersch and Parry was.

Whitney does state the Kissinger wanted Schmidt to take his place after his demise.

Green Day’s Rebel Rockers Denounce MAGA! Harvard President Gay Resigns! w/ Dr. Robert Epstein

Edit: Here is the Copy of the live-stream.

“Proof Google Is STEALING Elections!” Says Dr. Robert Epstein​

(I'd love to see them take this guy to court for saying that the election was rigged, or to do a liability case on Google. Discovery would be awesome.)

Joe Rogan and Dr Robert Epstein: Google #1768​

February 15, 2022

Dr. Robert Epstein testifies before the US Senate Subcommittee on Google and Censorship.​

2,544 views Jan 24, 2022
"Discussed On:The Joe Rogan Experience
Episode 1768 - Dr. Robert Epstein
Dr. Robert Epstein testifies before the US Senate Subcommittee on how Google and big tech can do and purposely does certain things to effect election results and more."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back