The end of the American Dream

What i think is that corporations make enough to pay top executives and stock holders
They cannot claim the money is not there to better compensate their employees
The result is a declining standard of living for workers and loss of the American dream

How exactly do corporations compensate stock holders?
Dividends

Do you know why some stocks pay dividends?

Here’s a hint: it’s not to reward anyone in the form of compensation
The point is corporations cannot claim profit margins do not support a higher wage structure.

Employee compensation has been frozen for decades.....
The result is people like you and I do not have the standard of living we normally would have
You may want to celebrate that fact, but I think it is bad for the country

So......why did we give out huge corporate tax cuts again?

It wasn't just huge corporations that benefited from the last tax cut.

Millions of middle class people who are self employed or who own small businesses organized as S corps or LLCs got a huge tax break but no matter how many time I tell you about it you ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative

65 percent of jobs do not pay enough to qualify as middle class

Corporate profits are at record levels, so is executive compensation

Yet, we can’t expect our corporations to pay more than a $7.25 minimum wage. We can’t burden them with health insurance, we can’t expect them to pay wages for employees to support a family

But they deserve a tax cut

And yet 52% of households are in the middle class

you can't have it both ways

American employers have never had an easier time finding qualified hard working devoted workers than this young generation. If they struggle I would hope and pray they continue to struggle.
You never ran a business that employed anyone have you?

Finish school, get a job, get married, raise a family, take family vacations, buy a house, send your kids to college, eventually retire

Most jobs don't support middle-class life after accounting for cost of living, exclusive study shows

Sixty-two percent of jobs fall short of that middle-class standard when factoring in both wages and the cost of living in the metro area where the job is located, according to the study by Third Way, a think tank that advocates center-left ideas.

I agree; The American Dream IS DEAD.

Silicon Valley's dirty secret: Using a shadow workforce of contract employees to drive profits

MONEY has become The American GOD.
PROFIT, PROFIT, PROFIT, PROFIT, PROFIT & AT ALL COSTS.
Americans place GREED above ALL ELSE.

Some 57.3 million Americans, or 36% of the workforce, are now freelancing, reveals a 2017 report by Upwork.

"Permanent employment — there's no such thing anymore. The line will get blurrier and blurrier"

So what do you propose to do about it, boy? Or did you just wanna bitch like the bitch you are?

Well, since you brought it up pilgrim, what the Hell is your bitch boi Trump gonna do about it?

Come on Mr. MadAssSon (did you get the pun); tell US how the TrumpTard gonna fix it.

Better Trade policy to bring back jobs and better immigration policy to increase wages.

Yet, we can’t expect our corporations to pay more than a $7.25 minimum wage. We can’t burden them with health insurance, we can’t expect them to pay wages for employees to support a family

Most states have a MW wage that is higher than the federal MW and only 3% of all workers earn the federal MW

I didn't want to denigrate the real American dream, but since I'm an American :fu:

"The American Dream" died in 2015.

Dusty Rhodes, bitch!

iu

Any business is in business to maximize their earnings. Who are you to say just because a company is making more, they’re employees should be compensated more? Why don’t you start a company and be as generous as you wish with your employees?
Fine.......then stop government subsidies and give them to the employees instead
The GOP Chumps are in favor of screwing over employees and the poor... Amazing dupes....
Our conservative posters seem to be saying.....So what? Employers can do what they want

Then why are we rewarding that behavior?

Most states have a MW wage that is higher than the federal MW and only 3% of all workers earn the federal MW

So then you would have no objection to raising it after ten years

You are bragging about that fact?

How exactly do corporations compensate stock holders?
Dividends

The point is corporations cannot claim profit margins do not support a higher wage structure.

The result is people like you and I do not have the standard of living we normally would have

Millions of middle class people who are self employed or who own small businesses organized as S corps or LLCs got a huge tax break but no matter how many time I tell you about it you ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative
What a load of crap
Pennies

85 percent of the cut went to the wealthy

i've been telling the millenials the same thing for the last 20 - 40 years since about the time women entered the work force in large numbers . Not saying that its women fault , just saying that i have seen whats coming as it comes after the Millenials and their kids RWinger .

Likely a cereal rapist

My point is, the potus or congress are no more than mouthpieces

they account for very little of our economy, the well being of the middle class, or the future of America

they do, however, love partisans , best shield they have

~S~
My ass, dupe. The GOP is a giveaway to the rich end of story.
Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

Oh, i remember.....>>>

Long-term disaster he was...lack of money to invest in education training and infrastructure is making us go to hell except for the rich of course.... So now we have the worst inequality and Upward Mobility and poverty ever not to mention the worst BS propaganda machine ever, the only reason they can stay in power is total doops. All downhill since Reagan, s*** heads.

Over the past 60 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

Blaming Ronnie for our current state of income inequality, is partisan stupidity.

Since only 3% of people earn the federal MW and those people are mostly very young with no experience I see no reason to raise it at all

Dividends

What a load of crap
Pennies

85 percent of the cut went to the wealthy

Wrong again

Look up Section 199 A and educate yourself

It allows small business to deduct 20% of all or a portion of its income

THat Ain't pennies

You are bragging about that fact?

What percentage of the population should be middle class?

100?

80? 50? 30?

Likely a cereal rapist

My point is, the potus or congress are no more than mouthpieces

they account for very little of our economy, the well being of the middle class, or the future of America

they do, however, love partisans , best shield they have

~S~
My ass, dupe. The GOP is a giveaway to the rich end of story.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

Oh, i remember.....>>>

Long-term disaster he was...lack of money to invest in education training and infrastructure is making us go to hell except for the rich of course.... So now we have the worst inequality and Upward Mobility and poverty ever not to mention the worst BS propaganda machine ever, the only reason they can stay in power is total doops. All downhill since Reagan, s*** heads.

Over the past 60 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

Blaming Ronnie for our current state of income inequality, is partisan stupidity.

It is a natural byproduct of supply side economics

You don’t really buy that trickle down crap do you?

Since only 3% of people earn the federal MW and those people are mostly very young with no experience I see no reason to raise it at all
Except they are being exploited

Young people rely on that wage to get started. Pay for college, get a car
Now they must substitute debt

Forum List

Back