The east sea is the east sea, not the Sea of Japan.

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by bluesky79, Apr 14, 2009.

1. bluesky79

bluesky79 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The Japanese government is trying to change the term East Sea in to Sea of Japan. Starting from April, Japan started the campaign in 10 languages stating that the island of Dokdo is a Japanese territory. This is preposterous. How pathetic.

When the North Korea launched the missile few days ago, I was shocked to see that the CNN and other major broadcast channels were using the expression sea of Japan. Most of the historical documents use the term the east sea instead of the Sea of Japan. I can not understand why the Americans use the term Sea of Japan.

Then I saw the American text book on the world history that used the term east sea. This textbook is used in Orlando, Austin, New York and San Diego.
    The children need to learn the true history. The Japanses are distorting the innocent minds of American children.

I hope I will see more signs of the east see in the textbook. The broadcast stations of the world should be ashamed of themselves using the term Sea of Japan.

The east sea is the east sea, not the Sea of Japan.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Down here we call it Lake Texas.

3. foggedinn

foggedinn VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Perspective.

I don't imagine that the Japanese will ever consider calling a sea directly to their west the East Sea.

The Koreans and the Chinese on the other hand have such historical animosity towards Japan that they will never willingly call it the Sea of Japan.

Someone call the pc police so that we can get this mess straightened out.

P.S. I grew up calling it the Sea of Japan and consider the term "East Sea" to be very nondescriptive to everyone except the Koreans and the Chinese.

4. Munin

Munin VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Asian nations seem to be so imperialistic lately. The Chinese seem to be trying to think they can use their increased naval power to simply take over parts of the sea. At least the Japanese are less agressive, probably because the Japanese are on the winning side.

War Games in the South China Sea: Behind the U.S.-China Spat - TIME

right now their seem to be a couple of asian conflicts:

Japan vs Korea
    Japan vs China
    VS vs China

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009