In the silence he has heard
Talking bee and ladybird,
And the butterfly has flown
O'er him as he lay alone.

Not a word will he disclose,
Not a word of all he knows.
I must lay him on the shelf,
And make up the tale myself.

It is indeed 'dumb' to put on a uniform and accept becoming an automaton.

My great, great great grandfather was a Civil War veteran.

My grandfather was a WWI veteran

My father was a WWII veteran

I am a Vietnam War Veteran

My son is an Iraqi War veteran.

How many of those wars were dumb? I think the answer is all of them. However, we all did our duty to our country at the time. We all have our veteran's uniforms hanging in closets or stored away in a chest. We all have the experience of being part of something bigger than ourselves. We earned our right to be a citizens of this country rather than it just being handed to us or stealing it by being illegal.

Wars are always dumb. We humans like to fight one another. It is in our nature. This stupid hippy placard thingy about "suppose they gave a war and nobody came" sounds cute but goes against human nature.

Equally dumb is venerating and glorifying American warriors...yet this seems quite common in America today.
Yeah....thank God.
Yes...killing and destroying for the ruling class, is so God like.
So you think that the only thing soldiers do is kill?
Did you know that most of the emergency aide last year after natural disasters was provided by soldiers in our military?

The choice of reducing oneself to a pawn for others is the most serious thing one can do. "Just following orders" is an inhuman excuse for committing crimes. That humans do it does not mean it is part of our nature, only that it is a potential that can be obviated by other potentials.
Again, 'we' don't want a population that thinks; 'we' want obedience.

Equally dumb is venerating and glorifying American warriors...yet this seems quite common in America today.
Yeah....thank God.
Did you know that most of the emergency aide last year after natural disasters was provided by soldiers in our military?
Yeah...that's why we have the largest military in the world, by far...because we need it for emergency aid.

Frankly the laziness and lack of thought of the American libertarian and conservative snowflakes astounds those of us who did serve. And 'dumb' is silent, and if you believe as most do our soldiers look down on you poor examples of humanity and wonders. I'd love to see the draft come back and for the weak and afraid community service for those living in a free country. You flakes talk freedom but you hide from any responsibility for it.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist....We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together." Dwight D. Eisenhower - Eisenhower's Farewell Address to the Nation January 17, 1961 Eisenhower's Farewell Address to the Nation

Yeah....thank God.
Yeah...that's why we have the largest military in the world, by far...because we need it for emergency aid.
Actually the Chinese have a larger military.
Our's is just the most expensive.

Frankly the laziness and lack of thought of the American libertarian and conservative snowflakes astounds those of us who did serve. And 'dumb' is silent, and if you believe as most do our soldiers look down on you poor examples of humanity and wonders. I'd love to see the draft come back and for the weak and afraid community service for those living in a free country. You flakes talk freedom but you hide from any responsibility for it.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist....We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together." Dwight D. Eisenhower - Eisenhower's Farewell Address to the Nation January 17, 1961 Eisenhower's Farewell Address to the Nation
Yeah...they are fighting for my freedoms in Iraq, Afghanistan, Niger, Syria, Libya, etc........................................o_O:rolleyes::confused::confused::confused::uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3::uhh:

U.S. Currently Fighting 74 Different Wars … That It Will Publicly Admit
Posted on May 11, 2013 by WashingtonsBlog
And Many More Covert Wars Without Congressional Oversight … Let Alone Public Knowledge
Fire Dog Lake’s Kevin Gosztola notes:

Linda J. Bilmes and Michael D. Intriligator, ask in a recent paper, “How many wars is the US fighting today?”

Today US military operations are involved in scores of countries across all the five continents. The US military is the world’s largest landlord, with significant military facilities in nations around the world, and with a significant presence in Bahrain, Djibouti,Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Kyrgyzstan, in addition to long-established bases in Germany, Japan, South Korea, Italy, and the UK. Some of these are vast, such as the Al Udeid Air Force Base in Qatar, the forward headquarters of the United States Central Command, which has recently been expanded to accommodate up to 10,000 troops and 120 aircraft.

Yeah....thank God.
a distinction without a difference

Yeah....thank God.
a distinction without a difference
A big difference.
The Chinese have fewer capabilities but can deploy a massive army. Their pilots are better because they're career officers that are more expirienced.
Their weapons systems are cheaper because they never have to pay much for their development.

Forum List

Back