The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

Baking a cake does not infringe on anyone's religious beliefs.

Being forced to bake a cake which violates one's religious beliefs is an infringement.
If baking a cake infringes on one's religious belief, then you would be able to show me where the Bible says baking a cake is an abomination, You can't because no such religious infringement exists.
Even if we did play dumb, since that's the only way you know how to play....show me where in the Constitution it says that homos can force people to participate in their 'ceremonies'? And in the meantime...you don't have to agree with my religion before I am allowed to practice it. Nor do you get to dictate what is, or is not, a sacrament. I know you've admitted you don't understand what sacrament or sacrilege mean....but for the rest of us who do, it needs to be said.
Practicing your religion and owning a commercial business that serves the public are two different things. When you own a commercial business, you are required to keep to the state and national laws governing commerical business. Period. It is completely separate from your personal religious beliefs.

No, it's not.

That was easy.

Your opinion doesn't square up with precedent and the law.

Well I see each side gained converts from the other and a happy middle ground was once again reached....

These laws damage you and your business in what way?

It restricts my right to express my beliefs through my vocation. It is like you think people are robots during work hours and their life starts after the work day. It is repression and slavery.
It is neither repression nor slavery; such a contention is indeed dramatizing the situation. At work, you keep your personal opinions to yourself, be they religious or otherwise. You do not use your work arena as an outlet for your personal beliefs. Doing so in unprofessional and inappropriate.

It restricts my right to express my beliefs through my vocation. It is like you think people are robots during work hours and their life starts after the work day. It is repression and slavery.
It is neither repression nor slavery; such a contention is indeed dramatizing the situation. At work, you keep your personal opinions to yourself, be they religious or otherwise. You do not use your work arena as an outlet for your personal beliefs. Doing so in unprofessional and inappropriate.

I would like to think my honesty, integrity and sense of being fair all grow out of my beliefs.

I would like to think my honesty, integrity and sense of being fair all grow out of my beliefs.
Expressing your personal religious, political, and other beliefs at work is inappropriate and can, as in the case in the OP, get you a lot of trouble and grief.

Last edited:

hte12.jpg

Nice drama llama Stat. :)

I shot that picture of you in the wild when you weren't looking, Compadre!!!

:D

BTW, good to hear from you. Hope you are well and prospering.

Lol!

Busy and distracted, sorry I haven't visited the CC lately. I'll put it on my to do list. Because we are all people (well not me so much, more cat). I get it

Lol!

Busy and distracted, sorry I haven't visited the CC lately. I'll put it on my to do list.

Do it, do it!!

You know, once the rubble is cleared away and the dust has settled on these dreadful gay cakes, I may start a truly serious debate on PA laws and religious liberty. Oh, and whether or not the OT is part of Christian dogma or not.

Really?
Selling goods to people in the business that you built to sell goods to people is involuntary servitude?

I set up a landscape business to be a creative outlet for myself. It so happens people will pay you for that. Now a bunch of well intentioned people feel compelled to tell me how I can use that creative energy. If I refuse their point of view, I am a hater who should withdraw all my rights to create, speak or associate.

Or not offer your services to the general public. Work off of referrals.

You realize that the government has all sorts of laws you need to comply with regardless right?

Your point is?

I gave up making points to idiots a long time ago. Run along and play.

I take that to mean that you have no point.

To be clear, I do not discriminate against people in my full time job or part time business. Just not me. On the other hand, my job is not one that it makes a statement about gay marriage support. Wedding related stuff crosses that line in my opinion.

What you have here is separation of church and state, unless the state gets enough people to ignore that, then they can cross the line.

Your church is not affected and neither are you unless you assert your faith inappropriately.

Well that is the progressive mob's bread and butter.

We need to stop arguing with them, and just cull them.

Yeah, you and Keyes. If you can't beat them. Kill them.
Only a marginal personality could both claim righteousness and murder as solutions.

Maybe they'll give you a religious exemption for murder. Lol

That is a steaming pile of sophistry.

Forcing someone to violate his religious beliefs is the same as violating his ability to practice his religion.

Period.

Not baking a cake for a gay couple may hurt their feelings, but it doesn't prevent them from getting married. But to you loons, tolerance (i.e., leaving you alone to do your thing) is not enough. You insist that others participate, which infringes their rights.
Baking a cake does not infringe on anyone's religious beliefs.

Being forced to bake a cake which violates one's religious beliefs is an infringement.
If baking a cake infringes on one's religious belief, then you would be able to show me where the Bible says baking a cake is an abomination, You can't because no such religious infringement exists.
Even if we did play dumb, since that's the only way you know how to play....show me where in the Constitution it says that homos can force people to participate in their 'ceremonies'? And in the meantime...you don't have to agree with my religion before I am allowed to practice it. Nor do you get to dictate what is, or is not, a sacrament. I know you've admitted you don't understand what sacrament or sacrilege mean....but for the rest of us who do, it needs to be said.
Practicing your religion and owning a commercial business that serves the public are two different things. When you own a commercial business, you are required to keep to the state and national laws governing commerical business. Period. It is completely separate from your personal religious beliefs.

No, it's not.

That was easy.

Lol!

Busy and distracted, sorry I haven't visited the CC lately. I'll put it on my to do list.

Do it, do it!!

You know, once the rubble is cleared away and the dust has settled on these dreadful gay cakes, I may start a truly serious debate on PA laws and religious liberty. Oh, and whether or not the OT is part of Christian dogma or not.

The Hebrew bible has nothing to do mit da goyim, it was given to Jews

Forum List

Back