The downward death spiral of lassaize faire capitalism

IT IS NOT PROOF!

its a god damned theory.

Where are the studies and where in them do they calculate in the Dust Bowl effect?

it's going to be a loooong four years for WSJ capitalistas.

It's been a long 96 years for us free marketeers.

yea, dude.. because your talons have had NO influence on American economics at all!

:lol:

Looks liek you should take thyself to the French Guyana like the last cult that didn't get domestic support for their nutty bullshit. don't drink the Grape Flavor Aid though.

My talons? I'm not a bird... Very few politicians listen to Austrian economists so I would say any influence we've had on American economic policies has been little-to-none.

And I suggest you give some thought as to why this is a minority Idea amoung historians.

FDRs polices did not prolong the depression, that is just a talking point of people who want us to continue this stupidity that the republicans have been giving us for 30 years now. There is no fact to it ,its a scewed theory.

No Hoover had some of the same ideas and did them in a timid ass way.

Tax cuts are the same damned thing.

What is the plan for the chaos that not fed will bring?

What you are requesting is all fun on paper but would produce utter chaos for years to come.

It's been proven by many economists that FDR's New Deal did in fact prolong the Great Depression. I am not a Republican so I have no reason to simply want to push their policies over Democrat policies.

Chaos that no Fed will bring? The dollar has lost 95 or so percent of it's value since the Fed has gone into creation, and it's brought about the Great Depression, the stagflation of the 70's, the tech-bubble, and our current crisis. That sounds like chaos to me.

geee, by Free Market Capitalista lovin economists? :wank:

Greenspans FLAW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRu1nIAi9uc]YouTube - Greenspan Denies Blame for Crisis, Admits 'flaw'[/ame]

It's been a long 96 years for us free marketeers.

yea, dude.. because your talons have had NO influence on American economics at all!

:lol:

Looks liek you should take thyself to the French Guyana like the last cult that didn't get domestic support for their nutty bullshit. don't drink the Grape Flavor Aid though.

My talons? I'm not a bird... Very few politicians listen to Austrian economists so I would say any influence we've had on American economic policies has been little-to-none.

yea dude.. lord fucking knows that we haven't been hearing about free market economies and other assorted bullshit over, at the VERY least, 8 years. Not to mention the glory days of Reagan, eh?

The final stake in the coffin of lassaize faire, “get government out of the way” ideology. The “free” market can't be trusted with deregulation, and it can’t be assumed that markets will either “Police” themselves or that markets are “self correcting”. Yeah, “self correction” while millions of people get fucked.

The FBI had evidence of massive mortgage fraud occurring (so much for the argument of bush supporters that it was just limited to “stupid people” who borrowed more than they could afford), yet the Bush administration decided not to make it a priority or provide the FBI more resources to address the problem.

FBI saw mortgage fraud early

The FBI was aware for years of "pervasive and growing" fraud in the mortgage industry that eventually contributed to America's financial meltdown, but did not take definitive action to stop it.

"It is clear that we had good intelligence on the mortgage-fraud schemes, the corrupt attorneys, the corrupt appraisers, the insider schemes," said a recently retired, high FBI official. Another retired top FBI official confirmed that such intelligence went back to 2002.
The problem, according to the two FBI retirees and several other current and former bureau colleagues, is that the bureau was stretched so thin that no one noticed when those lenders began packaging bad mortgages into bad securities.

Both retired FBI officials asserted that the Bush administration was thoroughly briefed on the mortgage fraud crisis and its potential to cascade out of control with devastating financial consequences, but made the decision not to give back to the FBI the agents it needed to address the problem. After the terrorist attacks of 2001, about 2,400 agents were reassigned to counterterrorism duties.

But Deputy Director Steve McMillin of the Bush White House's Office of Management and Budget told the P-I last year that even partially restoring the FBI crime-fighting capabilities was not a priority.

"The assumption that how it was pre- 9/11 is how it ought to be for all time is not the correct premise," he said.

The first retired FBI official said: "We made a direct pitch (for more agents) to the OMB even though we weren't supposed to and they said no." Instead, "we were looking at reductions, not additions…

FBI saw mortgage fraud early

if carter and clinton had not signed any of these lending practices into law we would not be having this discussion.....

And I suggest you give some thought as to why this is a minority Idea amoung historians.

I suggest you give some thought as to why our economy is in the toilet.

I have, and it's called Greenspan and his throng of nutter free market theorists who, at the end of the day, end up looking like a stupid ASS before a senate committee. "market correction"... :lol:

Kev , you seem like a nice enough guy but I think I have shown here I have given it thought.

Its you who have provided links to places who think for you.

You've provided nothing other than the fact that you believe this crisis was caused by "deregulation" because that's what the talking heads on television say.

Kev , you seem like a nice enough guy but I think I have shown here I have given it thought.

You've provided nothing other than the fact that you believe this crisis was caused by "deregulation" because that's what the talking heads on television say.

...says the guy quoting a free market think tank as if his own bias smells like roses....

:thup:

...says the guy quoting a free market think tank as if his own bias smells like roses....

Well I can't quote any Keynesians because they're all wrong.

Well I can't quote any Keynesians because they're all wrong.

your opinion doesn't seem to match reality, dude. I suggest you find another pawn to throw under the bus after Greenspan finally dies.

Forum List

Back