The Dow is on pace for its worst month in more than two years.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
The Dow is tumbling again

The Dow dropped 400 points on Tuesday morning after major US companies reported gloomy results and guidance. Disappointing numbers from Caterpillar and 3M reinforced ongoing concerns about how long blockbuster profits can last, especially given tariffs and rising costs.
———

So what is going on with the stock market?

• Banned
Under Obama the stock market started at 7000 and when he left office it was over 20,000. So now it’s been up to 25,000 under Trump but it seems to be falling now. So what’s going on?

3874326947_c9c3d0d648.jpg

You're going to hear crickets from Republicans and Trumpettes as they are his boot lickers and sycophants.

The economy is going to collapse under Trump.

Get ready.

The Dow dropped 400 points on Tuesday morning after major US companies reported gloomy results and guidance. Disappointing numbers from Caterpillar and 3M reinforced ongoing concerns about how long blockbuster profits can last, especially given tariffs and rising costs.
———

It happens. Its worth paying attention to. The DOW isn't always an indication of how the masses are doing. Its some top industrials and I tell you, they kick you off once you aren't one. The trend is still a continuation of the Obama recovery, lets wait a couple more months and see. If GDP and some average wages stats keep rising I only care about the DOW in so much as I don't want GM bought by the Chinese.

———

trump-supporters.jpg

———

Thanks, Obama

Wonder where they got that info because Cat beat expectations.......oooooops

Cat went from $140 to $115 in five days.
Still beat earnings projection.

I didn't say it didn't. But the fact remains that - even with an earnings projection beat - it still dropped $140 to $115 in 5 days.

When Cat beats projections but still loses tons in the markets - you know the future does not look good.

Dow is down over 600 points...and is down YTD.

NASDAQ is down over 4%.

———

For those who are serious about this as a discussion, and can avoid the trite partisan political jabs, here is my opinion.

The stock market, along with the housing market has been driven up by malinvestment due to Fed monetary policy, namely QE and ZIRP. They shoved a lot of money into an economy which wasn’t growing to stimulate growth. Instead of growth in the economy, the money was used to buy assets, stocks, real estate. That’s why stock buybacks were so popular among companies over this time. They would rather reduce their stock float, and drive up the stock price than use cheap money to expand when there is no demand. Mind you, these actions have been performed by the Fed under both Rep and Dem presidents. Again, my opinion for what it’s worth.

Forum List

Back