The Dow goes up 497 points

the dow is down over a hundred today....where the posters who said obama was responsible for the dow's rise? are you not going to be honest and now say that obama is causing the market to go down?

:eek:

are you an idiot. have you ever heard of profit taking? but today there was a little bit of mixed news. while consumer spending went up for the second straight month, incomes were down which isn't good. also there was news that jpmorgan was having a little tougher month in march than in january and feburary. when you have had a rally like we have in the past week usually there will be profits taken.

you obviously lack reading comprehension skills....go back and reread my post and you will see i am making fun of the people who, when the market is up, claim it is obama's doing but when the market is down it surely is not obama's fault.

the dow is down over a hundred today....where the posters who said obama was responsible for the dow's rise? are you not going to be honest and now say that obama is causing the market to go down?

are you an idiot. have you ever heard of profit taking? but today there was a little bit of mixed news. while consumer spending went up for the second straight month, incomes were down which isn't good. also there was news that jpmorgan was having a little tougher month in march than in january and feburary. when you have had a rally like we have in the past week usually there will be profits taken.

Also it's friday, and a lot of traders don't like holding positions over the weekend.

Also it's friday, and a lot of traders don't like holding positions over the weekend.

paulie how do you think the financials will do monday and tuesday after dimon and lewis said that march was a tougher month than january and february. even though lewis did let it blip out that BAC was still going to post a profit.

thats obama's fault....

paulie how do you think the financials will do monday and tuesday after dimon and lewis said that march was a tougher month than january and february. even though lewis did let it blip out that BAC was still going to post a profit.

I have my suspicions for why March was a little tougher, and I don't necessarily think it's going to cause a huge dip in financials.

Here's the thing with me...I don't agree with ANYTHING the government's done up to this point. I think this is all going to be so much worse for us down the road. But from a strictly trading/investing standpoint, I think financials are going to be fine for a while. Either the reflation is successful, or it's the end of the world as we know it. I don't see much room for anything else in between. I'm going to assume the reflation will be successful for the short term, maybe 5 years max. Just enough time for the next bubble to inflate.

If I was going to buy financials, I would personally wait and see if they dip on Monday. If they do, I'd be a buyer.

thats obama's fault....

:cuckoo:

I have my suspicions for why March was a little tougher, and I don't necessarily think it's going to cause a huge dip in financials.

Here's the thing with me...I don't agree with ANYTHING the government's done up to this point. I think this is all going to be so much worse for us down the road. But from a strictly trading/investing standpoint, I think financials are going to be fine for a while. Either the reflation is successful, or it's the end of the world as we know it. I don't see much room for anything else in between. I'm going to assume the reflation will be successful for the short term, maybe 5 years max. Just enough time for the next bubble to inflate.

If I was going to buy financials, I would personally wait and see if they dip on Monday. If they do, I'd be a buyer.

why do you think march was a little tougher? btw im convinced the next bubble to pop is credit cards

ah, but it was Bush's fault when it went down before

hypocrite

Credit cards are already a part of this credit crisis though. They aren't a bubble, in the sense of an asset that's become over-inflated which is what a bubble is. I don't know what the next bubble will be. Maybe treasuries. Maybe oil. Maybe something to do with the green initiative. Who knows.

What I do know is, I'll know it when I see it.

Credit cards are already a part of this credit crisis though. They aren't a bubble, in the sense of an asset that's become over-inflated which is what a bubble is. I don't know what the next bubble will be. Maybe treasuries. Maybe oil. Maybe something to do with the green initiative. Who knows.

it will be interesting to see.

it will be interesting to see.

...what? if any of the libs that said obama was the one who made the market shoot up....then say that obama is also responsible for the market shooting down.....

now that would be funny

It is tough to look at the market on a daily basis and decide who is responsible for what the market did on a particular day. This is the third week in a row that the Dow has gained. That may be the beginning of a trend...or not. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that our 401k plans actually make some money. Best I can tell, that is the best 3-week gain in at least a year!

Well, if Bush was still in the White House, we'd be going farther down the drain.

As far as Obama making things right? Nope........he's starting to turn into another Bush Jr. clone, as well as has a very fucking snarky attitude when he's talking to someone that he thinks is beneath him.

If he's not careful, someone may make Biden president.........

Well, if Bush was still in the White House, we'd be going farther down the drain.

As far as Obama making things right? Nope........he's starting to turn into another Bush Jr. clone, as well as has a very fucking snarky attitude when he's talking to someone that he thinks is beneath him.

If he's not careful, someone may make Biden president.........
so, you're actually starting to see what a lot of us have been telling you for about a month

Hey........I can be taken in just like anyone else.

Only thing is.......when I find out I've been lied to, it's open season on whoever lied to me.

Hopefully Obama will pull his head out of his ass before it's too late.

Hey........I can be taken in just like anyone else.

Only thing is.......when I find out I've been lied to, it's open season on whoever lied to me.

Hopefully Obama will pull his head out of his ass before it's too late.
the problem is, its not just Obama
its CONGRESS too

Forum List

Back