Debate Now The Donald Says He Is Serious About Running in 2016

A Donald Trump Presidency?

• 1. Yes. Absolutely.

• 2. Maybe.

• 3. Probably not.

• 4. No way in hell.

• 5. Other and I'll explain in my post.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Other sources would disagree with that. There are those who will believe just about anything negative they hear or read about somebody they've decided to hold in contempt or resent or feel superior to. And such people aren't interested in researching for the whole story and being fair to those they dislike. Such is the fate of those who live their lives in the public eye.

Who to believe?

The actual bankruptcy filing documents showing how much of Trump's debt was "written off" which stiffed all of the people who believed in Trump...or someone who fails to present anything of substance to rebut the bankruptcy facts?

Trump is untrustworthy because he doesn't care who gets hurt. The only person he cares about is himself and his massive ego. As was mentioned earlier Trump is an attention whore and one of the people responsible for corrupting the campaign finance process.

Only fools believe that Trump is running for president for anything other than self-aggrandizement.

He may be serious about running, but not enough people are going to take him seriously for him to win the nomination, much less the presidency!

I personally think that his running is mostly a way of increasing his own name reconition because he is an attention whore and because it well help his reality show continue to be successful.

You aren't the first to speculate about that. But if he was doing it to boost his TV ratings, wouldn't he have left his options open about hosting "The Apprentice" this year and next year? Or maybe he really did and just isn't saying that. Who knows?
We are still most of two years out from the election.

Personally I am curious about what somebody like him could offer. He certainly has experience in overcoming adversity and extremely complicated difficult problems. He knows what makes the economy work and what hurts it. He knows how to recruit good people for the job to be done. He knows what making mistakes and even failure looks like and how to overcome that.

I'm wondering if there isn't a lot of substance other than the celebrity tycoon and TV personality that we all now. In other words I'm not at all convinced he is the candidate I could ever support, but I'm curious.

Somebody like him offers nothing. He only wants the spotlight. He doesn't care how he gets it. And if I'm not mistaken, his corporations have filed bankruptcy at least four times. Ask the vendors he's stuck for the bill what kind of money manager he is. Not to mention the wacko birfer thing.

So no. The Donald isn't someone who would bring anything but a laugh to the presidential race.

I've seen no evidence that Donald Trump ever stiffed anybody. Even those who had deferred payments during his reorganization bankruptcies did get paid. He has never taken a Chapter 7. And I'm pretty sure he has a top notch credit rating and nobody is afraid to go into business with him. I would bet a good steak dinner that there is a long line of investors who would jump at a chance to go into business with him.

I also don't claim any special clairvoyance to look into Donald Trump's heart and mind and know what his motives are or how sincere he is.

I do know he has a reputation for being generous to a fault. He doesn't flaunt that and shrugs off questions about it, but those who have researched it conservatively estimate he gives away $100 million a year or more to worthy causes. Those organization recently reporting substantial contributions from Donald Trump are:

Arnold Palmer Foundation
Celebrity Fight Night Foundation
Children with AIDS
David Foster Foundation
DoSomething.org
Friends of Scotland
Jimmy Fund
Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation
Make A Child Smile Appeal
Make-A-Wish Foundation
Mississippi Animal Rescue League
Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center
Neurofibromatosis, Inc.
Operation Smile
Paralyzed Veterans of America
Pediatric Epilepsy Project
Raising Malawi
Reef Relief
Smile Train
St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters
The Doe Fund
UNICEF
Wounded Warrior Project

Causes he has been hands on involved in or has lent his name to:
Adoption, Fostering, Orphans, AIDS & HIV, Animals, Bullying, Cancer, Children, Conservation, Emergency services, Environment, Family/Parent Support, Health, Homelessness, Human Rights, Hunger, Miscellaneous, Oceans, Parkinson's Disease, Philanthropy, Physical Challenges, Poverty, Slavery & Human Trafficking, Veteran/Service Member Support

Source: Look to the Stars World of Celebrity Giving

In addition, I read recently that he employs something like 22,000 people in his various business enterprises and has provided venture capital loans for many an entreprenour starting up their own business.

Nobody can be in involved in as many high profile business deals as Donald Trump has been and not incur a lot of criticism, accusations, and deep pockets always attract a lot of opportunistic lawsuits. And Trump certainly incurs his share of those.

Is he a saint? I don't see him that way. Is he a sinner? Aren't we all?

Again I don't think he has a prayer to get very far in the nomination process, much less to be President, but I do find people like him interesting. And I think we sell ourselves short when we fail to understand what people like him can bring to the conversation.

If you've seen no evidence that the Donald stiffed anyone then you don't understand the bankruptcy laws or why he repeatedly bellied up his corporations.

Thus there really isn't anything to be gained from discussing this with you further.

He may be serious about running, but not enough people are going to take him seriously for him to win the nomination, much less the presidency!

I personally think that his running is mostly a way of increasing his own name reconition because he is an attention whore and because it well help his reality show continue to be successful.

You aren't the first to speculate about that. But if he was doing it to boost his TV ratings, wouldn't he have left his options open about hosting "The Apprentice" this year and next year? Or maybe he really did and just isn't saying that. Who knows?

Personally I am curious about what somebody like him could offer. He certainly has experience in overcoming adversity and extremely complicated difficult problems. He knows what makes the economy work and what hurts it. He knows how to recruit good people for the job to be done. He knows what making mistakes and even failure looks like and how to overcome that.

I'm wondering if there isn't a lot of substance other than the celebrity tycoon and TV personality that we all now. In other words I'm not at all convinced he is the candidate I could ever support, but I'm curious.

Somebody like him offers nothing. He only wants the spotlight. He doesn't care how he gets it. And if I'm not mistaken, his corporations have filed bankruptcy at least four times. Ask the vendors he's stuck for the bill what kind of money manager he is. Not to mention the wacko birfer thing.

So no. The Donald isn't someone who would bring anything but a laugh to the presidential race.

I've seen no evidence that Donald Trump ever stiffed anybody. Even those who had deferred payments during his reorganization bankruptcies did get paid. He has never taken a Chapter 7. And I'm pretty sure he has a top notch credit rating and nobody is afraid to go into business with him. I would bet a good steak dinner that there is a long line of investors who would jump at a chance to go into business with him.

I also don't claim any special clairvoyance to look into Donald Trump's heart and mind and know what his motives are or how sincere he is.

I do know he has a reputation for being generous to a fault. He doesn't flaunt that and shrugs off questions about it, but those who have researched it conservatively estimate he gives away $100 million a year or more to worthy causes. Those organization recently reporting substantial contributions from Donald Trump are:

Arnold Palmer Foundation
Children with AIDS
David Foster Foundation
DoSomething.org
Friends of Scotland
Jimmy Fund
Make-A-Wish Foundation
Neurofibromatosis, Inc.
Operation Smile
Raising Malawi
Reef Relief
Smile Train
The Doe Fund
UNICEF
Wounded Warrior Project

Adoption, Fostering, Orphans, AIDS & HIV, Animals, Bullying, Cancer, Children, Conservation, Emergency services, Environment, Family/Parent Support, Health, Homelessness, Human Rights, Hunger, Miscellaneous, Oceans, Parkinson's Disease, Philanthropy, Physical Challenges, Poverty, Slavery & Human Trafficking, Veteran/Service Member Support

In addition, I read recently that he employs something like 22,000 people in his various business enterprises and has provided venture capital loans for many an entreprenour starting up their own business.

Nobody can be in involved in as many high profile business deals as Donald Trump has been and not incur a lot of criticism, accusations, and deep pockets always attract a lot of opportunistic lawsuits. And Trump certainly incurs his share of those.

Again I don't think he has a prayer to get very far in the nomination process, much less to be President, but I do find people like him interesting. And I think we sell ourselves short when we fail to understand what people like him can bring to the conversation.

If you've seen no evidence that the Donald stiffed anyone then you don't understand the bankruptcy laws or why he repeatedly bellied up his corporations.

Thus there really isn't anything to be gained from discussing this with you further.

Oh good. Then I won't need to explain my reasoning. Do have a good day though.

Arnold Palmer Foundation
Children with AIDS
David Foster Foundation
DoSomething.org
Friends of Scotland
Jimmy Fund
Make-A-Wish Foundation
Neurofibromatosis, Inc.
Operation Smile
Raising Malawi
Reef Relief
Smile Train
The Doe Fund
UNICEF
Wounded Warrior Project

Why can't you explain it for everyone else's benefit?

I, for one, would love to see how you reached your position. There are probably others reading this thread who feel the same way.

What makes Trump so special in your opinion that we should overlook the millions of dollars he has caused others to lose because they trusted him?

Arnold Palmer Foundation
Children with AIDS
David Foster Foundation
DoSomething.org
Friends of Scotland
Jimmy Fund
Make-A-Wish Foundation
Neurofibromatosis, Inc.
Operation Smile
Raising Malawi
Reef Relief
Smile Train
The Doe Fund
UNICEF
Wounded Warrior Project

You have no "reasoning" unless you understand what he did and why

*shrug*

The only thing Donald Trump is serious about is self promotion.

If anyone believes he's serious, I have a bridge here in Charleston I can sell you.

If anyone believes he would be the best choice for the Big Chair, they should have their right to vote rescinded...

The only thing Donald Trump is serious about is self promotion.

If anyone believes he's serious, I have a bridge here in Charleston I can sell you.

If anyone believes he would be the best choice for the Big Chair, they should have their right to vote rescinded...

Count your lucky stars that Obama wasn't able to nuke Charleston otherwise you wouldn't even have a bridge to sell anymore!

:D

Disclaimer: That was a joke along the lines of Coyote saying that a little levity is allowed.

What WQ said....which is better than I could have.

I didn't see any post by WQ....:rolleyes:

I think Trump may just be testing the waters, to see if there is enough Republicans giving him support. I can't imagine any Republican actually voting for him in the primaries, and he definitely wouldn't make it once he was running against Hillary.

What WQ said....which is better than I could have.

I didn't see any post by WQ....:rolleyes:

I think Trump may just be testing the waters, to see if there is enough Republicans giving him support. I can't imagine any Republican actually voting for him in the primaries, and he definitely wouldn't make it once he was running against Hillary.
Well gosh. Maybe I got confused on the poster. Maybe I will go look and see so you can stop rolling your eyes.

My bad. So sorry. Find a rope and a tall tree, I made an error on posters. It was Deri's post. He has WQ's avie in his sig....so I guess I got a tad confused and put the two together.

Got anything else you wanna nag about?

My bad. So sorry. Find a rope and a tall tree, I made an error on posters. It was Deri's post. He has WQ's avie in his sig....so I guess I got a tad confused and put the two together.

Got anything else you wanna nag about?

Geez, didn't mean to get you so upset....chill out.

The problem with Trump, is he cares far too much about the Trump brand. He is not a credible candidate based on prior history IMO.

But can you really be sure of that? Don't get me wrong. I think he has about as much chance of being considered a credible candidate as I would--even though he has a hell of a lot more money than everybody I know put together--but who are we to question his motives or what he cares about?

For sure he gets terrible press and he's the celebrity everybody loves to hate. How much of it is true and how much is exaggeration or gossip just because he is a 'safe' and 'legal' target and punching bag? Do any of us really know? His TV shows pull great Nielson ratings and have helped to keep NBC on top of the ratings wars. If he really was so hated, would so many people watch?

I don't admire or not admire Donald Trump--am actually pretty neutral. But I sure don't watch programs by celebrities I don't like and I do watch Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice. My daughter-in-law said her entire college marketing classes watched it to get some insights into that aspect of business.

For business credentials, I would personally be more comfortable with a Mitt Romney type who has an obvious track record of problem solving and carries a whole lot less negative baggage than Trump does. And of course there are those who despise Trump and refuse to see anything good in him. And not all that many who see him as mostly good with nothing to criticize. But one thing I've never seen in him is that he is either close-minded or self-righteous himself.

Trump also has absolutely nothing to lose and isn't afraid to say what's on his mind. So I am curious about what he could bring to the debate. He might be exactly what the GOP needs to shake it up, break free of the PC straight jacket they put themselves into, and maybe jolt them into becoming more of what the people are looking for in a leader.

I don't know. But I'm interested to find out.

I think Trump wouldn't be very good at foreign affairs and right now, that is a major prob. Running the country in a business sense..maybe. But a whole country is not just one Trump Tower conglomerate. He just doesn't have the knowledge to run the USA. IN MY OPINION ONLY.

Experience. Not necessarily knowledge. IF he was in the senate or had some role in political record..mayor, congressman, etc...MAYBE he wouldn't be so weird in thinking of as POTUS. For me anyway.

I think Trump wouldn't be very good at foreign affairs and right now, that is a major prob. Running the country in a business sense..maybe. But a whole country is not just one Trump Tower conglomerate. He just doesn't have the knowledge to run the USA. IN MY OPINION ONLY.

We don't have any reason to know how good he would be at foreign affairs except that he has a degree in economics, he knows how markets work, and he has to have some mad negotiating skills. So you may very well be right he would be terrible in that. But I honestly don't see how he could be any worse than what we've had lately. Trump does know how to choose people are are right for the job.

The problem with Trump, is he cares far too much about the Trump brand. He is not a credible candidate based on prior history IMO.

But can you really be sure of that? Don't get me wrong. I think he has about as much chance of being considered a credible candidate as I would--even though he has a hell of a lot more money than everybody I know put together--but who are we to question his motives or what he cares about?

For sure he gets terrible press and he's the celebrity everybody loves to hate. How much of it is true and how much is exaggeration or gossip just because he is a 'safe' and 'legal' target and punching bag? Do any of us really know? His TV shows pull great Nielson ratings and have helped to keep NBC on top of the ratings wars. If he really was so hated, would so many people watch?

I don't admire or not admire Donald Trump--am actually pretty neutral. But I sure don't watch programs by celebrities I don't like and I do watch Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice. My daughter-in-law said her entire college marketing classes watched it to get some insights into that aspect of business.

For business credentials, I would personally be more comfortable with a Mitt Romney type who has an obvious track record of problem solving and carries a whole lot less negative baggage than Trump does. And of course there are those who despise Trump and refuse to see anything good in him. And not all that many who see him as mostly good with nothing to criticize. But one thing I've never seen in him is that he is either close-minded or self-righteous himself.

Trump also has absolutely nothing to lose and isn't afraid to say what's on his mind. So I am curious about what he could bring to the debate. He might be exactly what the GOP needs to shake it up, break free of the PC straight jacket they put themselves into, and maybe jolt them into becoming more of what the people are looking for in a leader.

I don't know. But I'm interested to find out.

The biggest problem I have with Trump is the same one I have with Elon Musk, he has become rich by using taxpayer dollars (without recompense) to make his fortune. Trump did some good development work early in his career. Since then he has done only those things that will benefit his brand.

I have no doubt that he actually does care about this country. He could not have gotten to where he is now with any other system.

I have no doubt that he would be a fair manager, I agree Romney would be better, though he too has issues. I particularly despise the way Romney attacked his primary opponents....that exposed a vicious streak in him that told me a great deal about his character.

But ultimately, were it to come to it, in a choice of country over brand, Trump would choose his brand.

Trump being POTUS would make me extremely nervous. BUT...he has NOT been in any political position and maybe..just maybe..that IS what is needed now.

Are we all talking about the same Donald Trump?

There is nothing about him that would benefit the country. Nothing.

The one thing he has excelled at is losing his father's fortune though poor business management and bankruptcy. Lucky for him, daddy was really REALLY rich because, if he were on his own, he'd be dead broke by now.

But, what the heck. If he wants to pretend to run again, why not?

He's SNL and late night comedienne's fodder.

Forum List

Back