The discovery of a Philistine cemetery in Israel that was there centuries before Christ

louie888

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2016
I think the whole "who was here first" argument is stupid, but since Israel's supporters bring up their bizarre narrative on every thread which never includes the people who were there and is based on religious texts written by Jews, I figured some actual science might help.

This was from last year and it seems like hasbara forgot it existed...

clear.gif
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...avel-Biblical-mystery/9151468166178/#comments
Discovery-of-Philistine-cemetery-in-Israel-could-unravel-Biblical-mystery.jpg

An archeologist cleans a Philistine skull uncovered in a groundbreaking discovery of the first Philistine cemetery found in the Philistine port city of Ashkelon, Israel, June 28, 2016.... dated to the 11th - 8th centuries BCE...

Discovery of Philistine cemetery in Israel could unravel Biblical mystery

So wait, let me get this straight, you are saying that:

The Arab Muslim and Christian Palestinians are directly and distinctly related to the ancient Philistines even though they share absolutely nothing in common in terms of culture or any other recognizable shared feature

and, at the same time

the Jewish people of Europe have absolutely no connection to the Jewish people living in the territory of ancient Israel even though they all share every single one of the same defining ethnic and cultural traits as the people of ancient Israel: language, religion, system of laws, holidays, life celebrations, historical myths, special foods, clothing....

So, what, because they call themselves "Palestinians" it means they are actually Philistines and were there first? Jeez, you mean if Israel had only chosen to call the nation "Canaan" and themselves "Canaanites" then they would have been the ones that were there first? Wow, I guess that was a bad decision on Israel's part. They blew it.

So wait, let me get this straight, you are saying that:

The Arab Muslim and Christian Palestinians are directly and distinctly related to the ancient Philistines even though they share absolutely nothing in common in terms of culture or any other recognizable shared feature

and, at the same time

the Jewish people of Europe have absolutely no connection to the Jewish people living in the territory of ancient Israel even though they all share every single one of the same defining ethnic and cultural traits as the people of ancient Israel: language, religion, system of laws, holidays, life celebrations, historical myths, special foods, clothing....

So, what, because they call themselves "Palestinians" it means they are actually Philistines and were there first? Jeez, you mean if Israel had only chosen to call the nation "Canaan" and themselves "Canaanites" then they would have been the ones that were there first? Wow, I guess that was a bad decision on Israel's part. They blew it.

I don't think anyone ever denied that Philistines lived there and were the fierce enemies of the Israelites, just as the Bible maintains they were.

I think the whole "who was here first" argument is stupid, but since Israel's supporters bring up their bizarre narrative on every thread which never includes the people who were there and is based on religious texts written by Jews, I figured some actual science might help.

clear.gif

An archeologist cleans a Philistine skull uncovered in a groundbreaking discovery of the first Philistine cemetery found in the Philistine port city of Ashkelon, Israel, June 28, 2016.... dated to the 11th - 8th centuries BCE...

Philistines were invaders from the Aegean living in the area back in the time of David

They are not the same as palestinian arabs.

The name was placed on the land by romans as a insult to the jews.

clear.gif
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...avel-Biblical-mystery/9151468166178/#comments

Actually you should get an education! Seriously your ignorance is blinding. No one disputes there were ancient people in what was called at the time the land of Canaan. The Philistines were Jews ancient enemy. You know David the Jew and Goliath the Philistine. The Philistines have been gone for centuries. The Roman renamed Israel Palestina as punishment and as a insult after the Jews great ancient enemy the Philistines. The Philistines has zero ties to the people who now call themselves Palestinians. Around the 6th century was the Muslim Crusades or Caliphate kicked off. The Jews land spread in what is now Mecca. The great warlord- Mohammad- took over the lands by force! The Jews were clearly on the Arabian Peninsula before the Muslims.

In fact Jerusalem had a Jewish majority during the 1800s. In the 1800s to 1940s the term Palestinian referred to r Jews and calling an Arab a Palestinian would get you in a fight.

Again get an education or better yet shoot yourself

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

• Banned
From the Jewish Britannica:

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century bce occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza.

Palestine

clear.gif

Actually you should get an education! Seriously your ignorance is blinding. No one disputes there were ancient people in what was called at the time the land of Canaan. The Philistines were Jews ancient enemy. You know David the Jew and Goliath the Philistine. The Philistines have been gone for centuries. The Roman renamed Israel Palestina as punishment and as a insult after the Jews great ancient enemy the Philistines. The Philistines has zero ties to the people who now call themselves Palestinians. Around the 6th century was the Muslim Crusades or Caliphate kicked off. The Jews land spread in what is now Mecca. The great warlord- Mohammad- took over the lands by force! The Jews were clearly on the Arabian Peninsula before the Muslims.

In fact Jerusalem had a Jewish majority during the 1800s. In the 1800s to 1940s the term Palestinian referred to r Jews and calling an Arab a Palestinian would get you in a fight.

You need an education. There were less than 10,000 Jews in Palestine in 1883 per the Ottoman census. They certainly were not a majority anywhere, Jerusalem included.

Kudus Special District was Palestine during the Ottoman period.

upload_2017-3-10_16-24-11.png

Ottoman Population Records and the Census of 1881/82-1893 on JSTOR

clear.gif

Philistines are not Palestinians, stupid. They are closer to Greeks. Did you fail in world history?

clear.gif

You need an education. There were less than 10,000 Jews in Palestine in 1883 per the Ottoman census. They certainly were not a majority anywhere, Jerusalem included.

Kudus Special District was Palestine during the Ottoman period.

View attachment 116310

Ottoman Population Records and the Census of 1881/82-1893 on JSTOR

How many times and threads do you want to post this utter garbage?

"...Present condition of the City: (1907 edition)

Jerusalem (El Quds) is the capital of a sanjak and the seat of a mutasarrif directly dependent on the Sublime Porte. In the administration of the sanjak the mutasarrif is assisted by a council called majlis ida ra; the city has a municipal government (majlis baladiye) presided over by a mayor. The total population is estimated at 66,000. The Turkish census of 1905, which counts only Ottoman subjects, gives these figures:
Jews, 45,000; Moslems, 8,000; Orthodox Christians, 6000;
Latins, 2500; Armenians, 950; Protestants, 800; Melkites, 250; Copts, 150; Abyssinians, 100; Jacobites, 100; Catholic Syrians, 50. During the Nineteenth century large suburbs to the north and east have grown up, chiefly for the use of the Jewish colony. These suburbs contain nearly Half the present population...""

How old is the oldest Jewish cemetery found through actual scientific evidence and not simply discussed in Jewish religious texts?

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century bce occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza.

Palestine

Less than 10,000 Jews in Palestine in 1883.
View attachment 116322

Two can play this game and I have the source document. LOL
I don't see a Palestine in that document, the Ottomans never considered such a hoax. :rofl:

When the Zionutters see the facts, they clown dance. Hilarious.

Turkish is not your forte', I see. Filistin is Palestine and Kudus is Jerusalem. Kudus Special District, get it. :dance:

kudus_by_realmes-d3jz5xh.png

View attachment 116322

I don't see a Palestine in that document, the Ottomans never considered such a hoax. :rofl:

Turkish is not your forte', I see. Filistin is Palestine and Kudus is Jerusalem. Kudus Special District, get it. :dance:

That's in Latin letters, dipweed. No such thing as a Palestine. Even the Ottoman's did not recognize it, they considered a European invention. And their maps clearly indicate this for the 800 years of their rule over the land.

View attachment 116322

That's in Latin letters, dipweed. No such thing as a Palestine. Even the Ottoman's did not recognize it, they considered a European invention. And their maps clearly indicate this for the 800 years of their rule over the land.

Yes, as you may or may not know Turkish has used the Latin alphabet since 1928.

Kudus Special District is بلدية قدس in Ottoman Turkish written in Arabic script and Kudüs-i Şerif belediyesı in Turkish written in Latin script. It encompassed of Palestine.

". The political status of the Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem was unique to other Ottoman province since it came under the .... Jerusalem (Ottoman Turkish: بلدية قدس ; Turkish: Kudüs-i Şerif belediyesı; Arabic: بلدية القدس الشريف ), ..."

And an Ottoman Map of Palestine, published in Filastin Risalesi, an official publication of the Ottoman army. Filastin=Palestine in Turkish. Go back to your bullshit propaganda, loser.

9379037666_4ff0d50213_o.jpg

View attachment 116322

Kudus Special District is بلدية قدس in Ottoman Turkish written in Arabic script and Kudüs-i Şerif belediyesı in Turkish written in Latin script. It encompassed of Palestine.

". The political status of the Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem was unique to other Ottoman province since it came under the .... Jerusalem (Ottoman Turkish: بلدية قدس ; Turkish: Kudüs-i Şerif belediyesı; Arabic: بلدية القدس الشريف ), ..."

And an Ottoman Map of Palestine, published in Filastin Risalesi, an official publication of the Ottoman army. Filastin=Palestine in Turkish. Go back to your bullshit propaganda, loser.

More garbage. The site clearly says that the Ottoman's labeled the region as Southern Syria. No such thing as a Palestine according to the Ottoman's.

View attachment 116322

More garbage. The site clearly says that the Ottoman's labeled the region as Southern Syria. No such thing as a Palestine according to the Ottoman's.

It says no such thing. You lie as usual. Nowhere does it say southern Syria It says Palestine:

"The first map in this collection was published in Filastin Risalesi, an official publication of the Ottoman army intended to be used as an officer’s manual for the Palestine region. "

Filistin Risalesi means Palestine Briefing or Treaty. So your bullshit is as always, bullshit.

It says no such thing. You lie as usual. Nowhere does it say southern Syria It says Palestine:

"The first map in this collection was published in Filastin Risalesi, an official publication of the Ottoman army intended to be used as an officer’s manual for the Palestine region. "

Filistin Risalesi means Palestine Briefing or Treaty. So your bullshit is as always, bullshit.
As usual you left out the rest, as the page clearly says the Ottoman's did not use the name Palestine for the region. Learn how to read.

Now getting back to the topic, Philistines were an extinct sea faring people closer to the Greeks or Crete. Today's " Palestinians" are an invented identity given to Arab invaders. It is a name given to the Jews of the region until the Arabs hijacked the name, circa 1960's.

How old is the oldest Jewish cemetery found through actual scientific evidence and not simply discussed in Jewish religious texts?

Palestine

Abraham and Sarahs graves were the oldest. Abraham bought the land for her to rest in..........but

Israelis Mapping Every Grave in 3,000-Year-Old Mount of Olives ...
www.foxnews.com/.../israelis-mapping-every-grave-in-3000-year-old-mount-olives-n...
Nov 17, 2011 - A Jewish group in Jerusalem is using 21st-century technology to map every tombstone in the ancient cemetery on the Mount of Olives, ...

Abraham and Sarah? The same Sarah who gave birth at almost 100 years old and lived decades longer? And the same Abraham that lived a couple hundred years and fathered a child at 100?

Look, the Jewish bible is not an historical reference and everyone knows it.

So... no physical evidence of early Jewish graves, but there is archaeological evidence of early Palestinians between Tel Aviv and Gaza.

As usual you left out the rest, as the page clearly says the Ottoman's did not use the name Palestine for the region. Learn how to read.

Now getting back to the topic, Philistines were an extinct sea faring people closer to the Greeks or Crete. Today's " Palestinians" are an invented identity given to Arab invaders. It is a name given to the Jews of the region until the Arabs hijacked the name, circa 1960's.

No, you are just lying as usual. Filastin (Palestine) was the common name for the area as all the links indicate. You simply can't get away from lying, you have never posted anything that was not a lie from a propaganda site, or something you made up.

Now back to the Philistines, like the Jews, they settled in the area from elswhere but were there before the Jews. And of course, Palestinians have a genetic link to the Philistines. People do not go "extinct" as the local liar claims, Neanderthal genes are present and have been isolated in people around Europe. So, the Palestinians most certainly have Philistine genes since they are the indigenous people of Palestine.

Forum List

Back