The Democrats' (Secret) Plan for America

[rant on]I couldn't get past the whole social security part. I got too mad. My aunt was arguing with my mom that they should put a cap on who is eligible to recieve SS. If you have over $XXX, then you should not receive ANY benefits, she said. :blowup: If you pay into SS your whole life, you should not expect to receive any benefits. But if you have only made sporadic contributions, help yourself to everyone else's money!

In other words, my father worked his entire life, fought in Vietnam and used education grants from that, scholarships, worked multiple jobs to put himself through school. Then he worked his butt off every week of his life, not abusing sick days or vacation time, contributed to the general store of knowledge in society with his work. So his widow, who was at his side through all of this, should have no right to claim the money that the government BORROWED interest-free for how many decades?

I don't think that many people know that SS is a LOAN to the government. They have about 40 years to make a profit off your money, without paying any interest to you in the meantime. But that's not enough. Now you have the cohunes to actually WANT YOUR MONEY BACK????? How dare you!

[/rant off]

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
mom4 said:
[rant on]I couldn't get past the whole social security part. I got too mad. My aunt was arguing with my mom that they should put a cap on who is eligible to recieve SS. If you have over $XXX, then you should not receive ANY benefits, she said. :blowup: If you pay into SS your whole life, you should not expect to receive any benefits. But if you have only made sporadic contributions, help yourself to everyone else's money!

In other words, my father worked his entire life, fought in Vietnam and used education grants from that, scholarships, worked multiple jobs to put himself through school. Then he worked his butt off every week of his life, not abusing sick days or vacation time, contributed to the general store of knowledge in society with his work. So his widow, who was at his side through all of this, should have no right to claim the money that the government BORROWED interest-free for how many decades?

I don't think that many people know that SS is a LOAN to the government. They have about 40 years to make a profit off your money, without paying any interest to you in the meantime. But that's not enough. Now you have the cohunes to actually WANT YOUR MONEY BACK????? How dare you!

[/rant off]

Boortz lives in atlanta with me and P. He rocks. Can you get him on the radio where you are?

dilloduck said:
I get him in Austin---He's as good as Rush if not better. :rock:

You always miss the first local only hour of the show. Boorts usually spends that time bitching about the driving age and parents who buy their sixteen year olds brand new V8 automobiles.

dilloduck said:
I get him in Austin---He's as good as Rush if not better. :rock:

Not familiar with this guy...but if he is 'better' than Rush he must also be a moron...
Don't take this the wrong way...I liked Rush back in the 80's when he was a DJ and talk show host in Sacramento,California...When he hit the 'Big time' and his salary went from $35-45 thousand per year to the multiple hundreds of thousands he went coocoo'...I remember a story when he had his tv show in NY before he moved to Florida...He had his NY penthouse renovated and included 'Gold' faucets...well as the story goes he refused to pay the bill saying the contractor who had 'Union'employees overcharged him! This was his start and embracing the GOP 'kill the little guys' while we get rich operation.. He lost me then as a supporter as he is self centered and could care less about anyone other than Rush-e-poo!

Nothing really new here.

Seems a bit of a rant.

As the author points out, the Dem`s have been trying this for years.

If the voters let them get away with it, well, nobody to blame but themselves.

I think the whole system is screwed up, and it will take people a lot smarter than me to right this sinking ship.

The free market system, with LOT`S less government would be a really good start.

rtwngAvngr said:
Boortz lives in atlanta with me and P. He rocks. Can you get him on the radio where you are?

Don't forget me. I'm currently in Gainesville. My dad got me turned on to Boortz. Only problem now is that I like Glenn Beck, and I can't hear them both live, as they come on at the same time.

Rusty Humphries..and Michael Savage...Rusty cause he has a great sense of humor(even though he does come across as a Jr.Rush) and Michael cause he calls em like he sees em...no holds barred! Maybe 'cp' can post some of Rusty's songs in here they are really funny stuff!

Hobbit said:
Don't forget me. I'm currently in Gainesville. My dad got me turned on to Boortz. Only problem now is that I like Glenn Beck, and I can't hear them both live, as they come on at the same time.

I like glenn too. I alternate. I won't forget you in the future! We need to have a georgia get together.

Mr.Conley said:
Wow. This guys crazy. Obviously needs to check his facts. Personally I never trust any of these guys who take a position and then try to prove it, they always end up twisting the truth.

He did check his facts. The Democrats actually had plans for all of this stuff before the Republicans took congress in 1994. It's not really a secret, either.

A democracy... can only exist until a majority of voters discover that they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury.
Alexander Tytler

rtwngAvngr said:
LOL! I have no idea. I have four children. Most of the time, I can't HEAR the radio!

musicman said:
A democracy... can only exist until a majority of voters discover that they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury.
Alexander Tytler

Which is why we immediately need to cut off the income tax program. 95% of the taxes are paid by only 50% of the population. When that first number hits 100%, we'll never pull out of the slump.

Hobbit said:
Which is why we immediately need to cut off the income tax program. 95% of the taxes are paid by only 50% of the population. When that first number hits 100%, we'll never pull out of the slump.

Don't forget that wealth in this country is distributed inequally; the top 50% economically control far more than 50% of our resources.

Mr.Conley said:
Don't forget that wealth in this country is distributed inequally; the top 50% economically control far more than 50% of our resources.

There's still the fact that there's a progressive tax, meaning that the top bracket pays close to half their gross income, while the bottom bracket doesn't pay at all. Income tax has been used as a method of class warfare since its inception. In fact, it only passed because it was being used as a method of class warfare and because only about 5-10% of America had to pay income taxes.

Mr.Conley said:
links please.

Mr. P said:
Maybe this will work for you Mom. :dunno:

Boortz

Dayton Dayton/Springfield OH WHIO-AM 1290 MF 10a-12n

Only 2 hours? We get 4 1/2 on his home station. Of course, a lot of the "fluff" is local stuff.

Forum List

Back