The Delaware Witch Stirred a Brew for GOP

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
It didn't take much to shake things up for the RNC in Delaware, and I have a feeling the witch brew is being fed from the right fear machine. In any case, O'Donnell has split the right vote and it looks like a win for Democrats in November. It seems the RNC was completely unready to deal with the broad-side cannons of the Tea-Party.

The poll's topline is that Dem Chris Coons is beating O'Donnell by a lopsided margin, 54-39, among likely voters.

But the internals are even more interesting. They show that a big majority of Delaware voters says she's not qualified to be Senator: 33% to 60%.

The Plum Line - Christine O'Donnell is toxic and hurting GOP

It didn't take much to shake things up for the RNC in Delaware, and I have a feeling the witch brew is being fed from the right fear machine. In any case, O'Donnell has split the right vote and it looks like a win for Democrats in November. It seems the RNC was completely unready to deal with the broad-side cannons of the Tea-Party.

The poll's topline is that Dem Chris Coons is beating O'Donnell by a lopsided margin, 54-39, among likely voters.

But the internals are even more interesting. They show that a big majority of Delaware voters says she's not qualified to be Senator: 33% to 60%.

Is this really news? The Tea Baggers have been splitting the "conservative" vote and possibly losing winnable races for the GOP across the country. Who didn't see this coming?

While it would be difficult to predict a victory, and while Ms. O'Donnell doesn't have the kind of bio I would wish- as in Miller, in Alaska, - I would hold my nose and vote for the message she espouses.

Sort of like you guys did with Bill Clinton.

BTW, what exactly is "the right fear machine"?
When did you stop believing in Santa, and the Tooth Fairy?

"Liberals still own 90% of the information dissemination in America, but are inconsolable over the death of Old Media’s monolithic control…These people used to become indignant when conservatives attacked the media. But now they won’t shut up about the media and act as if the mere existence of Fox News has put them in the midst of a police state.

a. Conservatives have the Washington Times, the editorial page of the Wall Street Journal, and Fox News Channel.

b. How, precisely, would a conservative go about eliminating liberal points of view from his life? You would have to be a survivalist in Idaho to escape the liberal sound chamber."
Coulter

Is this really news? The Tea Baggers have been splitting the "conservative" vote and possibly losing winnable races for the GOP across the country. Who didn't see this coming?

The vast right wing smear machine doesn't seem to me to be hitting the Tea baggers, rather supporting them until recently. Then the slaughter by the tea party finally sparked the RNC to action, now that it is too late. So I would say, I don't think they seen it coming, or they would have been far more agressive at smearing Tea baggers, instead of defending them.

It takes professional politicians like Coons to rack up annual trillion dollar deficits.

While it would be difficult to predict a victory, and while Ms. O'Donnell doesn't have the kind of bio I would wish- as in Miller, in Alaska, - I would hold my nose and vote for the message she espouses.

I agree, like you did with Bush, and I might remind you, the rightys wasted millions of dollars & tied up the entire nation for 8 years with gates, to no avail. Then we had 8 years of tying up the nation with Bush. And now we are facing another 8 wasted years under Obama. Maybe we are not too smart, huh?:lol:

It is the right wing tool of threats, fear and paranoia guided by talking points from Rush, Hannity, O'Rielly, Beck, Coulter, Palin, etc. When did they right stop believing in WMDs, Clinton gates, Kerry war medals, terrorists, birth certificates, Muslim religion, death panels, etc.? Talk about tooth fairies, the right beliefs gave us thousands of dead & maimed US troops for the blatant lie of WMDs. I am surprised you have the nerve to say anything on the subject, but rightys tend to be ignorant arrogant souls with a short term memory problem. :lol:

"Liberals still own 90%

That is debatable, of who owns, and who controls the philosophy of politics.

Last edited:

I agree, like you did with Bush, and I might remind you, the rightys wasted millions of dollars & tied up the entire nation for 8 years with gates, to no avail. Then we had 8 years of tying up the nation with Bush. And now we are facing another 8 wasted years under Obama. Maybe we are not too smart, huh?:lol:

It is the right wing tool of threats, fear and paranoia guided by talking points from Rush, Hannity, O'Rielly, Beck, Coulter, Palin, etc. When did they right stop believing in WMDs, Clinton gates, Kerry war medals, terrorists, birth certificates, Muslim religion, death panels, etc.? Talk about tooth fairies, the right beliefs gave us thousands of dead & maimed US troops for the blatant lie of WMDs. I am surprised you have the nerve to say anything on the subject, but rightys tend to be ignorant arrogant souls with a short term memory problem. :lol:

"Liberals still own 90%

That is debatable, of who owns, and who controls the philosophy of politics.

Well, then, let's debate...

The Fear Machine is Left-Wing only. There cannot be a Right-Wing such incarnation since the right has limited access to the news dissemination. The mainstream media, broadcast and print, is populated by left wingers. Proof? Consider this listing of past and present media types. Please circle the right wingers:

Dan Rather, Katie Couric, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Edward R. Murrow, Ted Koppel, Andy Rooney, Leslie Stahl, George Stephanopoulos, Mike Wallace, Barbara Walters, Ed Bradley, Campbell Brown, Jack Cafferty, Walter Cronkite, Jim Lehrer, Roger Grimsby, Soledad O’Brien, Keith Olbermann, Cokie Roberts, Diane Sawyer, Bob Schieffer, Paula Zahn, Sam Donaldson, Brian Williams, Judy Woodruff, David Shuster, Bernard Shaw, Jessica Savitch, Harry Reasoner, Sally Quinn, Gwen Ifill, Douglas Kiker, Charles Kuralt, Roger Mudd, Robert MacNeil, Charles Osgood, Douglas Edwards, John Chancellor, Charles Gibson, Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Ann Curry, Marvin Kalb, Bryant Gimbel, Andrea Mitchell, Jeanne Moos, Bill Schneider, Daniel Schoor, Richard Threlkeld, Jake Tapper, Ann Compton, Lester Holt, Michael Beschloss

All card-carrying liberals? So, which of them spread nasty notions about Democrats?
QED: the Fear Merchants cannot be right-wingers.

You've been fed: don’t get caught spreading that libel again!

Does 'to no avail.' mean that you thought Clinton innocent of the charges? Or merely that you supported a scoundrel?
Proud?
How silly.

Forum List

Back