The People are the Militia. You are either, well regulated or unorganized. Only the right wing, prefers to appeal to ignorance.
The people are the militia, but is the militia the people?

I dare you to answer that question.
Not all of the People are Well Regulated Militia.
That was not my question.

Forget the well-regulated qualifier for now.

Are the people and the militia the same in both directions?
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

There is not a single right that requires Americans to join an organization to exercise. A person doesn’t have to belong to a church to exercise their 1st Amendment right. A person doesn’t have to work for the press to exercise their 1st Amendment right. And a person doesn’t have to join a militia to exercise their 2nd Amendment right.

They are now! As of this moment, I have formed the P@triot Militia of America! All Americans are members by default (in no way does the 2nd Amendment dictate that a militia is government). It is “well regulated”. I require all members to carry a firearm. In turn, that explicitly forbids any state or local government preventing my militia from carrying a firearm at all times (per the Supremacy Clause).

Problem solved! Game over!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

only well regulated militia are expressly declared Necessary, not the unorganized militia.
And only the people are expressly declared the right to keep and bear arms.
wilful blindness is a moral turpitude.

the People are the Militia; you are either, well regulated or unorganized.

Our Second Amendment is quite clear.

There is not a single right that requires Americans to join an organization to exercise. A person doesn’t have to belong to a church to exercise their 1st Amendment right. A person doesn’t have to work for the press to exercise their 1st Amendment right. And a person doesn’t have to join a militia to exercise their 2nd Amendment right.
The People are the Militia by virtue of Citizenship.

They are now! As of this moment, I have formed the P@triot Militia of America! All Americans are members by default (in no way does the 2nd Amendment dictate that a militia is government). It is “well regulated”. I require all members to carry a firearm. In turn, that explicitly forbids any state or local government preventing my militia from carrying a firearm at all times (per the Supremacy Clause).

Problem solved! Game over!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Well regulated militia are authorized their own Standards, colors, banners, and guidons.

But citizenship is not collectively held.

You STILL don't see your error, even when P@triot said it plainly.

Individuals hold rights. Groups only hold the rights of the individuals that make up said group.

Does one have the right to assembly if he is alone?

Hey, Dan,

Is the militia the people?
Yes, they are.
Is a person part of the people?
Only when plurally engaged.

So, to revisit your previous blunder, which you won't address, how do you have First Amendment rights without belonging to a licensed and regulated advocacy group? You claimed none of the amendments protected individuals, only groups. If that is the case, you don't have protected free speech rights unless you belong to a regulated group, so which one do you belong to?

Now you know I'm not going to let this go, so you might as well fire off one of your dozen or so canned phrases.

But citizenship is not collectively held.

You STILL don't see your error, even when P@triot said it plainly.

Individuals hold rights. Groups only hold the rights of the individuals that make up said group.

Does one have the right to assembly if he is alone?
All the People who are Citizens, are the Militia.

Hey, Dan,

Yes, they are.

So, to revisit your previous blunder, which you won't address, how do you have First Amendment rights without belonging to a licensed and regulated advocacy group? You claimed none of the amendments protected individuals, only groups. If that is the case, you don't have protected free speech rights unless you belong to a regulated group, so which one do you belong to?

Now you know I'm not going to let this go, so you might as well fire off one of your dozen or so canned phrases.
I know how to read.

Each Amendment covers a specific topic.

The Words, actually mean what they say.

Hey, Dan,

Yes, they are.

I know how to read.

No, you said none of the amendments apply to individuals, only to groups. Now explain how you have free speech rights without belonging to a regulated group. You know you're on a losing path here, because once you admit the first amendment applies to individuals, you'll have a much harder time insisting that the second only applies to regulated groups. So explain away. No canned phrases allowed.

Here we go again. Do you really want me to weigh in on this one or are you going to stop with the insults and actually discuss things. Or do you want your ass handed to you once again. I don't mind open discussion but when outright bullying starts by either side, I take offense.
Here we go AGAIN? You have NEVER made a convincing argument about the language and interpretation of the 2A.

Apparently, we are now defining "having your ass handed to you" as "repeating ignorant arguments that have been debunked thousands of times as though they're brand-new and brilliant".

Yes, they are.

I know how to read.

No, you said none of the amendments apply to individuals, only to groups. Now explain how you have free speech rights without belonging to a regulated group. You know you're on a losing path here, because once you admit the first amendment applies to individuals, you'll have a much harder time insisting that the second only applies to regulated groups. So explain away. No canned phrases allowed.
lol. nice story, story teller.

There are no natural rights in our Second Amendment. It is about the security of a free State and the Means necessary to achieve that End.

Forum List

Back