federal law is federal law, right wingers. 10USC246 is federal law.
Irrelevant pursuant to that certain Majority Affirmation #1 of DC vs Dick Heller

Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER
A simple error.

This is the common law understanding of the militia for the common defense.
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788
Tell me how the First Amendment applies only to groups and not to individuals. You did after all claim that none of the amendments apply to individuals.
Our Second Amendment clearly expresses which militia are necessary.
See, I just demonstrated that you don't even read what is written for you. I said the FIRST amendment. You said none of the amendments applied to individuals, let's start with the first. Tell me why you only have free speech protection when you're a part of a licensed and regulated group.
Dude, reading comprehension matters. Each amendment uses specific words.

We should have no security problems. What is your right wing solution, right winger.
Liberty. Including the liberty for each citizen to “keep and bear arms”. We only have a problem where the anti-gun, pro-control Dumbocrats are in charge.
we only have a problem wherever right wing gun lovers are too lazy to muster, but decry a dearth of a work ethic from the Age of Iron, for the Poor.

Well regulated militia of the People are expressly declared Necessary not the unorganized militia of the People.
Only to the illiterate such as yourself. What is “necessary” is the firearm that the 2nd Amendment makes a right. A militia without a firearm is just a group of useless Antifa thugs.
Well regulated militia are authorized their own colors, standards, banners, and guidons.

So, regardless of the explicit language in the 2A stating that the right of the people shall not be infringed, Dan wants to ignore that clause or "interpret" (torture) it to mean a collective right.

No individual has a right to keep and bear arms, according to Dan. He Only a collective right. Dan is not smart enough to see how collective rights cannot exist independent of individual rights.

Dan's response will be that no one takes the right wing seriously, and will not address the obvious flaw to his collective-rights argument.

Dan is the perfect example of how communists operate. They are not burdened with proving their case. They don't care if they are wrong.

The ends justify the means.

Dan is an enemy to freedom.

The People are the Militia.
Only to the illiterate left and their appeals to the ignorant. Look up the definition of the word “people” and then look up the definition of the word “militia”. They aren’t even remotely interchangeable. :laugh:
He is only willing to use the terms interchangeably in one direction, which is a serious logical trap. Will he have the balls to answer my question?

the people are the militia.
You’re not a member of the militia. Do you cease to be a person/individual because of that fact? No? Exactly.

:dance: :dance: :dance:
the People are the Militia.
Only to the illiterate left. Look up the definition of the word “people” and then look up the definition of the word “militia”. They aren’t even remotely interchangeable.
They are not supposed to be; only well regulated militia are expressly declared Necessary, not the unorganized militia.

I will answer for Dan:

“No, the militia is not the people, but the people are the militia.”

The result:

A well-regulated people, being necessary for the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Or

Yes, the people are the militia and the militia are the people.

Thus:

A well regulated people, being necessary for the security of a free state, the right of the people shall not be infringed.

The People are the Militia. You are either, well regulated or unorganized. Only the right wing, prefers to appeal to ignorance.
The people are the militia, but is the militia the people?

I dare you to answer that question.
Not all of the People are Well Regulated Militia.
That was not my question.

Forget the well-regulated qualifier for now.

Are the people and the militia the same in both directions?

Forum List

Back