the death penalty

Oct 2, 2010
i dont't have an exact link, because it's all well-known news, but why don't we just kill the two scumbags in massachusetts, you know, the ones that broke into the doctor's home and molested an 11 year old girl, raped his wife and other daughter, before setting fire to the house and in the process killing two of those four victims? why can't we just kill the two lower-than-life forms that did this? i don't condone torture, i'm just saying they should be tied up to a pole and incinerated.
instead they'll live for years at the least, probably twenty, with taxpayers paying their daily fee (more than staying a five star hotel, mind you), until theyre finally allowed to be executed. what's wrong with us? why don't we just have a mandatory death sentence in place for such scum, and also any sex offender? why can't we just kill them? why is it that a pedophile that gets online and lures 13 year old boys into his sickness gets essentially a slap on the wrist? he should be put to death automatically and summarily
the death penalty is a valid and historically trusted system, it just needs to be more efficient.

why did we allow ted bundy to rot on death row in florida for 10 years when he was obviously guilty? why will gary ridgeway sit in a cell for a hundred years till he dies with 3 square meals a day? this system needs to become more efficient. what are you're suggestions, people? why can't we just put a bullet in the back of the head of anyone convicted of sexually abusing a child, for example?

Only one person has been convicted in the first trial. I do not believe in the death penalty. Personaly I think it is too easy an out for the convicted. Death is better than life in jail. Until the US can impose a death penalty that is fairly carried out, no one should be executed. Take for example Texas, you have people being executed in 2 years while others have been on death row for 20 years. The difference is simply when they were sentenced. If you were sentenced before a certain date then you have more appleals etc.

The Death Penalty: Specific Issues

above is an excellent source of links on both sides.

I would rather see killers in Super Max units where they simply have no human contact. They are in a cell, they are moved by a system of locked doors, they are fed thru slots. No need to expose anyone to the dangers of being around them. After all, once you are sentenced to life there is no reason not to try to kill again.

Killing sexual abuser is a hard debate. If you are going to execute sexual abusers then there in no reason for the abuser not to kill the child.

I believe strongly in the death penalty and feel it should be used more often in this country when it is warranted. However, I do feel that before a person is put to death that it should be absolutely certain that the person being put to death committed the crime. If there is the slightest amount of doubt, the person should get life in prison without parole while awaiting a new trial to obtain all of the facts and determine actual quilt. Once found guilty, and there is no doubt of that guilt, then the person should be put to death within 3 months. Hanging around for years before being put to death is a needless expense.

I believe strongly in the death penalty and feel it should be used more often in this country when it is warranted. However, I do feel that before a person is put to death that it should be absolutely certain that the person being put to death committed the crime.

That's the trouble. It's extremely hard to be certain. A crapload of cases just got reversed when new DNA evidence was introduced.

While I don't have a problem with offing a vile scumbag that should never be let loose on society again. We'd better be dead certain that person being executed really committed the crime.

i dont't have an exact link, because it's all well-known news, but why don't we just kill the two scumbags in massachusetts, you know, the ones that broke into the doctor's home and molested an 11 year old girl, raped his wife and other daughter, before setting fire to the house and in the process killing two of those four victims? why can't we just kill the two lower-than-life forms that did this? i don't condone torture, i'm just saying they should be tied up to a pole and incinerated.
instead they'll live for years at the least, probably twenty, with taxpayers paying their daily fee (more than staying a five star hotel, mind you), until theyre finally allowed to be executed. what's wrong with us? why don't we just have a mandatory death sentence in place for such scum, and also any sex offender? why can't we just kill them? why is it that a pedophile that gets online and lures 13 year old boys into his sickness gets essentially a slap on the wrist? he should be put to death automatically and summarily
the death penalty is a valid and historically trusted system, it just needs to be more efficient.

It must not be well known news because I haven't heard of this happening in Massachusetts.

I believe strongly in the death penalty and feel it should be used more often in this country when it is warranted. However, I do feel that before a person is put to death that it should be absolutely certain that the person being put to death committed the crime.

That's the trouble. It's extremely hard to be certain. A crapload of cases just got reversed when new DNA evidence was introduced.

While I don't have a problem with offing a vile scumbag that should never be let loose on society again. We'd better be dead certain that person being executed really committed the crime.

Not as hard today as it used to be... with the amount of DNA evidence, scientific evidence, and improved investigation techniques...

And I fully support that a sane society eliminates it's maniacal murderers... and I would conclude any asshole that would murder a child is maniacal... as to opening it up as a punishment for child molesters... I would be open to such a punishment option... and no, I do not think it would lead to more murders of the children being molested, as these fuckers have zero regard for the children to begin with

Not as hard today as it used to be... with the amount of DNA evidence, scientific evidence, and improved investigation techniques...

And I fully support that a sane society eliminates it's maniacal murderers... and I would conclude any asshole that would murder a child is maniacal... as to opening it up as a punishment for child molesters... I would be open to such a punishment option... and no, I do not think it would lead to more murders of the children being molested, as these fuckers have zero regard for the children to begin with

Not as hard as it use to be does not mean absolute certainty. And there are alot of procedural issues. Those people that got their decisions reversed, had that happen not because the government kept on searching for the truth..it was because law students did.

We are up there with China in the number of people we execute. And some of those people may well have been innocent.

instead they'll live for years at the least, probably twenty, with taxpayers paying their daily fee (more than staying a five star hotel, mind you), until theyre finally allowed to be executed. what's wrong with us? why don't we just have a mandatory death sentence in place for such scum, and also any sex offender? why can't we just kill them?
'Cause it serves no purpose???

(....As if you Wyoming-patriots have any sense of precedent. :rolleyes: )

Over the course of human-history, we've tried damned-near every means of punishing people....and, gotten pretty-creative about it (not-to-mention giving psychopaths more-legitimate outlets, as torturers).

We've NOW got the means/technology to identify those with violent/murderous-behavior. The next step would be to decide what we do with this info!

"The political, legal, and moral questions raised by this research are complex and worrisome, but they are too important to ignore. The question that law courts ask when dealing with a defendant is “did he do it”? There are obvious reasons for this question. But the more important question—one that courts rarely ask—is “Why did he do it

Violent crime may still be with us because we have largely ignored that question. Continuing to ignore it may ensure that we remain vulnerable to violence. In part, prevention programs have failed to stop violence because they systematically ignored the biological part of the biosocial equation that explains violence."

Those-of-you who prefer the convenience-of, and defend/lobby-FOR the Death Penalty, are (merely) maintaining a pro-murder environment, in the U.S.

:eusa_hand:

I believe strongly in the death penalty and feel it should be used more often in this country when it is warranted. However, I do feel that before a person is put to death that it should be absolutely certain that the person being put to death committed the crime. If there is the slightest amount of doubt, the person should get life in prison without parole while awaiting a new trial to obtain all of the facts and determine actual quilt. Once found guilty, and there is no doubt of that guilt, then the person should be put to death within 3 months. Hanging around for years before being put to death is a needless expense.
.....Especially when there's a dire need, for the entertainment-value of MORE executions in the Future!!!

:rolleyes:

There is an entire thread on this case down in LAW and the JUSTICE SYSTEM

.....Especially when there's a dire need, for the entertainment-value of MORE executions in the Future!!!

:rolleyes:

There should be less executions in the future. But that does not preclude the fact that there are indivduals, so damaged, that they should not ever have the chance to do harm again.

That said, the prison system needs a complete and total overhaul. What we have in place now, basically takes criminals and makes them hardened criminals.

....And, it hasn't always been a matter o' DNA.....but, DNA has been the latest-tech that's benefited the innocent.​

....And, we'd be throwing-away another symptom/test-subject of the REAL problem.​

Last edited:
sallow has a good point....perhaps not harden criminals but more trained....anyone i know who has served time....if they have a good network ..found it to be time to hone and acquire new skills as well as network..

now this does not apply to those serving life....i have had two friends....one is dead and one is still serving....that were facing or got life. i have to admit in the 2nd case...yes she killed him...yes she beat him to death with a frying pan (things are cliques for a reason) yes she hid the evidence....but everyone knows off her meds and drinking...she is crazy as a mal house rat.....

on her meds and not drinking...she is a beautiful and brillant woman....

her ex who she stabbed and shot might not agree.....unfortunately the man she killed was one of the nicest people ever...

Only one person has been convicted in the first trial. I do not believe in the death penalty. Personaly I think it is too easy an out for the convicted. Death is better than life in jail. Until the US can impose a death penalty that is fairly carried out, no one should be executed. Take for example Texas, you have people being executed in 2 years while others have been on death row for 20 years. The difference is simply when they were sentenced. If you were sentenced before a certain date then you have more appleals etc.

The Death Penalty: Specific Issues

above is an excellent source of links on both sides.

I would rather see killers in Super Max units where they simply have no human contact. They are in a cell, they are moved by a system of locked doors, they are fed thru slots. No need to expose anyone to the dangers of being around them. After all, once you are sentenced to life there is no reason not to try to kill again.

My particular interest is the deterrence effect of the death penalty.
I noticed that the reference that you cited has a lot of non functioning links on this psubject.

Another source of information, with more reliable links is:
Discussion of Recent Deterrence Studies

It's interesting to note that there STILL is no agreement as to whether the death penality reduces the level of violent crime in society, except for agreement that people who are executed are not likely to commit any further murders.

It's ALSO time we started busting (HARD) those Prosecutors, who rely-upon the Snitch System as their fast-track to The U.S. Senate!!!

:mad:

(....And, it's NOT limited to crimes o' violence!!!)​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back