The Death of Cortana

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Well, not completely but it's function as an integral AI in Windows 10 supposedly will be changing to that of a stand alone available if someone wants to access it for individual applications.
Even some manufacturers like Lenovo are installing the PC version of Alexa on all their machines.
I wish they would do away with it as a part of the Windows OS and only be available for those who want to download it from the Microsoft Store.

Cortana’s Halo Has Grown Dim. Here’s What Happened | Digital Trends

It would be nice if computers just came with the bare essentials and all the crap pre-installed were optional downloads. First thing I do when buying a new computer is spend a few hours deleting crap.

The truth is that Cortana propositioned Siri and Alexa, and was caught up in a #me-too scandal.

Well, not completely but it's function as an integral AI in Windows 10 supposedly will be changing to that of a stand alone available if someone wants to access it for individual applications.
Even some manufacturers like Lenovo are installing the PC version of Alexa on all their machines.
I wish they would do away with it as a part of the Windows OS and only be available for those who want to download it from the Microsoft Store.

I ripped it out of a Win10 install. (Forcefully), The OS would do many less things than before.

It would be nice if computers just came with the bare essentials and all the crap pre-installed were optional downloads. First thing I do when buying a new computer is spend a few hours deleting crap.
Even if one wanted to install the Alexa app on Windows they have to go through the Microsoft Store. Won't be doing that anytime soon, Microsoft store no longer exists on my Win 10 machines.........
Also I use the Winaero Tweaker for Windows 10 to get rid of just about all that bloatware.

I ripped it out of a Win10 install. (Forcefully), The OS would do many less things than before.
You're such a beast....... :lol:

Forum List

Back