Hackintosh?

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Anyone here do a hackintosh before? Was considering trying just for the halibut but wondering if it's even worth jumping through the hoops I've read about to make it work. Heck, I'm having trouble with downloading MacOS Mojave on my windows machine....... Supposedly it can be done.

Anyone here do a hackintosh before? Was considering trying just for the halibut but wondering if it's even worth jumping through the hoops I've read about to make it work. Heck, I'm having trouble with downloading MacOS Mojave on my windows machine....... Supposedly it can be done.

Maaaany years ago, we took a new OS 10 laptop and had OSX, Windows and RedHat all on it. Did it for the challenge...it worked, but not without a few headaches.

Maaaany years ago, we took a new OS 10 laptop and had OSX, Windows and RedHat all on it. Did it for the challenge...it worked, but not without a few headaches.
I was considering doing it just for gits and shiggles......... BIOs has to reconfigured, adding and/or deleting lines of code and with this laptop a different WiFi card would have to be installed in order for it to work.

Last edited:
Yes I did it on a couple of HP laptops and they still work great today. Laptops are the trickiest to convert because you are stuck with the components the manufacturer has chosen and not all of then are compatible with the Mac.
Desktop PCs are a lot better if you build then yourself from scratch and choose only Mac compatible components.
The best guides for building a Hackintosh are from tonymacx86 Home.
InsanelyMac - InsanelyMac Forum is another good source.

Last edited:
Yes I did it on a couple of HP laptops and they still work great today. Laptops are the trickiest to convert because you are stuck with the components the manufacturer has chosen and not all of then are compatible with the Mac.
Desktop PCs are a lot better if you build then yourself and choose only Mac compatible components.
Looked at all those, less than helpful for a complete noob and it's my laptop I'm thinking about playing mad scientist on........

Desktop PCs are a lot better if you build then yourself and choose only Mac compatible components.
Looked at all those, less than helpful for a complete noob and it's my laptop I'm thinking about playing mad scientist on........
You can check with the tonymac guide to see if your laptop is compatible. I had a HP Probook and a HP Elitebook and the only thing I had to change was the WiFi card on one of them.

You can check with the tonymac guide to see if your laptop is compatible. I had a HP Probook and a HP Elitebook and the only thing I had to change was the WiFi card on one of them.
I already looked, it is compatible with a WiFi card change out, some code line changes and some minor BIOs reconfiguring.

Downloading the image file is like any other.
Not necessarily, downloading OS X in the proper format on Windows to be burned on a disc or thumb drive is the challenge I'm running into.
Do it yourself.
How To Convert DMG File To ISO In Windows For Free
Problem; Gotta have a valid DMG file to download, from what I've read it has to be downloaded on a Mac.........
Try this one:
MacOS Mojave v10.14 (18A391) App Store DMG Free Download

Not necessarily, downloading OS X in the proper format on Windows to be burned on a disc or thumb drive is the challenge I'm running into.
Do it yourself.
Problem; Gotta have a valid DMG file to download, from what I've read it has to be downloaded on a Mac.........
Try this one:
Nope, it wants me to disable AdBlock and I don't know the site so I won't trust it. That's the problem I've been running into.

Do it yourself.
Try this one:
Nope, it wants me to disable AdBlock and I don't know the site so I won't trust it. That's the problem I've been running into.
It doesn´t tell me to disable adblock. However, here´s another source:
http://oceanofdmg.com/download-macos-mojave-v10-14-18a391-app-store-dmg/

Do it yourself.
Try this one:
Nope, the download has their software included, saw it in the download list.......... That's an automatic NO.

Try this one:
Nope, the download has their software included, saw it in the download list.......... That's an automatic NO.
You´re just talking bullcrap.

mosixk8f.jpg

Try this one:

mosixk8f.jpg
OceanofDMG.com_Niresh-Mojave.dmg............ Sooooo, that means it's not what it says? Really?

mosixk8f.jpg
OceanofDMG.com_Niresh-Mojave.dmg............ Sooooo, that means it's not what it says? Really?
It doesn't look anything like this: macOSUpdCombo10.14.6.dmg..........

Forum List

Back