the dangers of gun worship

Its called democracy

Last I looked, the USA isn't a democracy.

Read this, Democracy and Majority Rule for a little education.
snip,
The founders of our nation held a deep abhorrence for democracy and majority rule. The word democracy appears in neither of our founding documents: our Declaration of Independence and Constitution. In Federalist Paper No. 10, James Madison wrote, "Measures are too often decided, not according to the rules of justice and the rights of the minor party, but by the superior force of an interested and overbearing majority."

Its called democracy

Last I looked, the USA isn't a democracy.

Read this, Democracy and Majority Rule for a little education.
snip,
The founders of our nation held a deep abhorrence for democracy and majority rule. The word democracy appears in neither of our founding documents: our Declaration of Independence and Constitution. In Federalist Paper No. 10, James Madison wrote, "Measures are too often decided, not according to the rules of justice and the rights of the minor party, but by the superior force of an interested and overbearing majority."

35z21f.jpg

how many of you gun worshipers would fight the law if one of your guns became illegal?

As I said before... America doesn't need "experts" deciding whether other citizens get to exercise their Freedoms... Especially if those experts have agendas, and axes to grind.

Ok..then who DOES get to decide?

Sorry to inform you there is no such thing as a crystal ball allowing us to peer into the future. Background checks remove convicted felons from gun ownership already. Once you get into trying to predict what people may, or may not do with regards to firearms... You've entered into some pretty tyrannical thinking... And with that comes complete disregard for people's Constitutionally protected Freedoms. What's next... Checking to see if someone has a pattern of heavy drinking before he buys a car? Good luck with that.

Ok, fine. We agree.

However...Katzndogs said this:

"That's the way it should work. Identify someone clearly out of their minds, disarm them and remove them."

I said;

"Ok, how do you do that without infringing upon our God-given rights as enumerated in the Declaration of Independence or without a prior assumption of guilt, which violates the Constitution?

I'll be interested in hearing this."

You responded:

"As I said before... America doesn't need "experts" deciding whether other citizens get to exercise their Freedoms... Especially if those experts have agendas, and axes to grind."

Your answer seems to be "nobody." Right?

Forum List

Back