the cycle child poverty creates

You dont get to choose what the American people want to vote for

And YOU don't get to choose to take from others to take care of your own personal responsibilities and whims....

Im not choosing you fucking idiot.

Im stating my opinion on what should be done in the best interests of all of us.

You are trying real hard to make it OK to let children starve

You are indeed choosing to support and call for a system of forced confiscation...

Your best interest is YOUR personal responsibility...

Again.. my stance on support of others is well documented.. no matter how much you try and change what has been openly stated for all to see...

You are a fucking hack.. a fucking liar.. and worth nothing more than a piece of cheap meat

And YOU don't get to choose to take from others to take care of your own personal responsibilities and whims....

Im not choosing you fucking idiot.

Im stating my opinion on what should be done in the best interests of all of us.

You are trying real hard to make it OK to let children starve

You are indeed choosing to support and call for a system of forced confiscation...

Your best interest is YOUR personal responsibility...

Again.. my stance on support of others is well documented.. no matter how much you try and change what has been openly stated for all to see...

You are a fucking hack.. a fucking liar.. and worth nothing more than a piece of cheap meat

read THE STUDY YOU BRAIN DEAD FOOL

what would you be willing to do to make this cycle stop?

I told you my solution and you didn't like it. We've proven that allowing children to be taught that welfare as a career choice hasn't worked. You can't overcome poor parenting skills by tossing a check their way each month. Your way has FAILED. Time to try something else.

can you guess why you cant find any science to back your insane opinions?

And what..nothing to say about the parents stealing millions in welfare money and starving their kids?

Would $69 million a year per state help the poor starving children? I think it sure would!

Just thank the low life parents for starving their children. Here is your cycle of poverty.

Reporting from Sacramento — More than $69 million in California welfare money, meant to help the needy pay their rent and clothe their children, has been spent or withdrawn outside the state in recent years, including millions in Las Vegas, hundreds of thousands in Hawaii and thousands on cruise ships sailing from Miami.

State-issued aid cards have been used at hotels, shops, restaurants, ATMs and other places in 49 other states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam, according to data obtained by The Times from the California Department of Social Services. Las Vegas drew $11.8 million of the cash benefits, far more than any other destination. The money was accessed from January 2007 through May 2010.

California Welfare | $69 million in California welfare money drawn out of state - Los Angeles Times

here ill bump it for you idiot

what would you be willing to do to make this cycle stop?

I told you my solution and you didn't like it. We've proven that allowing children to be taught that welfare as a career choice hasn't worked. You can't overcome poor parenting skills by tossing a check their way each month. Your way has FAILED. Time to try something else.

can you guess why you cant find any science to back your insane opinions?

My opinion doesn't need science to back it. It has history. Figure it out. :)

there are many reasons any country would be better off not allowing children to be raised in poverty.

Why does the right want children raised in poverty?

what is it they think we gain?

I guess you need to be reminded which side of the isle championed the single parent household, which leads to poverty and generational dependence.

Damn you are stupid.

Children are not starving because some people drive better cars than the parents of these children, or live in better homes.

Children in poverty look more like this STARVING CHILDREN IN AMERICA? « The Burning Platform than skeletal Biafrians. Even the government has abandoned the subject of starving children in the US in favor of the more lenient "food insecurity". Even the most morbidly obese can be food insecure.

Can these liberal do-gooders make up their minds. In November of 2009 President Obama “reacted with concern” at a report that Americans are suffering “record levels” of “food insecurity”. President Obama was quoted as saying that “it is particularly troubling that there were more than 500,000 families in which a child experienced hunger multiple times over the course of the year.” In his statement, the President committed to “reversing the trend of rising hunger. In addition, a bill I signed into law last month invests $85 million in new strategies to prevent children from experiencing hunger in the summer.”

Then three months later Michelle Obama began her campaign against childhood obesity. Some of the goals include ending what Obama referred to as “food deserts” with a $400 million a year “Healthy Food Financing Initiative,” which will bring grocery stores to low-income neighborhoods and “help places like convenience stores carry healthier food options.” Mrs. Obama also plans to have the government spend over $10 billion to feed even more children through government programs, under the Childhood Nutrition Act.

So which is it? How can poor children be starving and obese at the same time? They can’t. The starving children storyline is false.

Children are not starving because they are late for dinner once in a while. Children are not starving because they get hungry. Likely the reason they are obese is because they never get hungry. They eat long before the first hunger pang goes from belly to brain.

You admitt we need to build and maintain bridges and roads right?

Why do you refuse to admitt we need to maintain and buld our workforce?

Bridges and roads are not things with personal responsibility for what they do.. PEOPLE ARE...

Kill yourself.. I bet the meat off your fat ass could feed a good 20 people for a week

Such compassion.

do you like to watch kids starve just for fun?

Where the hell are kids starving in this country??

As for compassion its missing in you there idiot. You condone welfare which keeps people in poverty.

The war on poverty has been an abject failure from the very start. All it does is encourage people to freeload. As long as welfare is here these folks will never better themselves and why should they.

Its workingout just great for em. They just better hope they dont' run out of other peoples money.

insults and denial of science is not a platform
Unfortunately, robbing money from the productive of society, government skimming 80% off the top and then using the remainder to reward the lazy in the name of compassion is a platform according to a certain major political party in the US.

I'll give you three guesses to figure out which one.

When these children grow up they will vote.

Just one more future voting block who will know to shun the republican party.

Since that is all the right cares about is the republican party (not kids)I though I would put it in terms that mattered to you.

If the answer to poverty is welfare checks, why hasn't the billions of dollars we spent eradicated the plight?

The answer is it doesn't help them come out of poverty, it only sustains it. A government check to work is the only answer to the rise in our entitlements. Getting the public TO WORK .

Once in the public work force, the citizen then has the power to succeed and move up the ladder instead of moving to the couch to the bed. Seems simple to most of us, but not to those who buy the votes.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/129/1/e224.full.pdf

Translating Developmental Science Into Lifelong Health
Early Childhood Adversity, Toxic Stress, and the Role of the Pediatrician

Advances in a wide range of biological, behavioral, and social sciences
are expanding our understanding of how early environmental influences
(the ecology) and genetic predispositions (the biologic program) affect
learning capacities, adaptive behaviors, lifelong physical and mental
health, and adult productivity. A supporting technical report from the
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) presents an integrated ecobiodevelopmental
framework to assist in translating these dramatic advances
in developmental science into improved health across the life span.
Pediatricians are now armed with new information about the adverse
effects of toxic stress on brain development, as well as a deeper understanding
of the early life origins of many adult diseases. As trusted authorities
in child health and development, pediatric providers must now
complement the early identification of developmental concerns with
a greater focus on those interventions and community investments that
reduce external threats to healthy brain growth. To this end, AAP
endorses a developing leadership role for the entire pediatric community—
one that mobilizes the scientific expertise of both basic and
clinical researchers, the family-centered care of the pediatric medical
home, and the public influence of AAP and its state chapters—to
catalyze fundamental change in early childhood policy and services.
AAP is committed to leveraging science to inform the development of
innovative strategies to reduce the precipitants of toxic stress in young
children and to mitigate their negative effects on the course of development
and health across the life span. Pediatrics 2012;129:e224–e231

try using sceince instead of talking points to make decisions

When these children grow up they will vote.

Just one more future voting block who will know to shun the republican party.

Since that is all the right cares about is the republican party (not kids)I though I would put it in terms that mattered to you.

Most of them will not vote.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/129/1/e224.full.pdf

Translating Developmental Science Into Lifelong Health
Early Childhood Adversity, Toxic Stress, and the Role of the Pediatrician

Advances in a wide range of biological, behavioral, and social sciences
are expanding our understanding of how early environmental influences
(the ecology) and genetic predispositions (the biologic program) affect
learning capacities, adaptive behaviors, lifelong physical and mental
health, and adult productivity. A supporting technical report from the
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) presents an integrated ecobiodevelopmental
framework to assist in translating these dramatic advances
in developmental science into improved health across the life span.
Pediatricians are now armed with new information about the adverse
effects of toxic stress on brain development, as well as a deeper understanding
of the early life origins of many adult diseases. As trusted authorities
in child health and development, pediatric providers must now
complement the early identification of developmental concerns with
a greater focus on those interventions and community investments that
reduce external threats to healthy brain growth. To this end, AAP
endorses a developing leadership role for the entire pediatric community—
one that mobilizes the scientific expertise of both basic and
clinical researchers, the family-centered care of the pediatric medical
home, and the public influence of AAP and its state chapters—to
catalyze fundamental change in early childhood policy and services.
AAP is committed to leveraging science to inform the development of
innovative strategies to reduce the precipitants of toxic stress in young
children and to mitigate their negative effects on the course of development
and health across the life span. Pediatrics 2012;129:e224–e231

try using sceince instead of talking points to make decisions

You wouldn't know science if it peed on your head.

Forum List

Back